Bryan Johnson's Longevity Protocol - Your Thoughts?

Ah, i actually have tried this device. Of course they have it at the Buck institute and someone had it out at the Longevity Summit during breaks testing people. You put your arm on it and it reads the skin on the underside of your arm.

1 Like

How consistent is it when you do multiple measurements of the same person?

I don’t know, nobody was doing that from what i saw.

1 Like

There is a sub-Reddit focused on Blueprint (seemingly started by Bryan Johnson). Surprisingly, nobody there seems to talking about the drugs that Bryan is taking, only the food and supplements…

If you have questions about his protocol, you might try posting them there as I suspect Bryan may respond.

4 Likes

New article:

I’m 45. Will $2 million a year help me turn back the clock to 18?

Silicon Valley entrepreneur Bryan Johnson has embarked on an extreme plan to reboot his body. He reveals what it takes to defy the ageing process (1,977 vegan calories a day and a medical team of 30, for starters)

Apologies, if this has already been shared elsewhere……

3 Likes
1 Like

‘Powerful predictor of longevity’ implies causality.

1 Like

Good point - we have no good evidence I’m aware of for causality. Probably not a bad idea to maintain your grip strength, but yes, I doubt it increases lifespan or healthspan…

1 Like
2 Likes

That doesn’t contradict anything I said.

Something may be coming relatively soon

2 Likes

And:

1 Like

The latest BBC show covering longevity:

5 Likes

We shouldn’t overlook how Bryan has had a perfect (100%!) sleep score for two months straight even though he’s taking 13mg rapamycin every other week.

What’s enabling this? Excellent sleep hygiene w/ light therapy + fasting? Thoughts?

2 Likes

This is his protocol. He also takes 300 mcg (0.3 mg) melatonin before bed. He did mention IIRC that fasting 10 hrs before bed improved some heartrate measurement, I don’t know about sleep.

4 Likes

Bryan Johnson’s sleep routine (new video):

6 Likes

Thanks @RapAdmin . Interesting stuff.

Re hacks Bryan / Blueprint leverages:

Has anyone tried using theta waves “music” to improve sleep (and enhance falling asleep)?

Grounded sheets for the bed… interesting.

Separately, Has anyone tried the HRV improvement/neuromodulation device he mentions:

https://parasym.co/parasym-tvns-heart-rate-variability.html

And found this interesting too:

https://olympicophthalmics.com/itear-100/

And this other vagus nerve stimulator/trainer:

2 Likes

The video is very interesting! And futuristic too! Just curious if his sleep score would be the same without using all those expensive gadgets. A healthy person is supposed to sleep well naturally imo, or with little help (light blocking curtains, some melatonin, following simple sleep hygiene) on normal, not grounded, sheets.

1 Like