Bryan Johnson's Longevity Protocol - Your Thoughts?

Does anyone know more about Khosla Ventures backing of Lyfspn?

My guess it that a top VC like that would not back it unless they saw a path to scale.

1 Like

Only what is on their website. Yes - Vinod Khosla is only interested if it scales. I think their plan is to have clinics around the country. Dobri Kiprov is from Hungary I think - so perhaps Europe also.

1 Like

FWIW

I use to buy and sell laboratory, medical equipment. Both in and out of the US.

All your prices/cost you post are for New, retail plus from manufacture/ authorized dealers.

I can purchase a used “dialysis system” today for less than $1,000. fully operational.

Disposable supplies cost less than $200.00 per treatment.

And I do know how to repair, operate and preformed the procedures.

Can a person set this up in their “home”? yes

The disposables and blood component required a prescription.

And this still dose not appeal to me.

1 Like

@rapadmin and @Joseph it sounds like you guys should team up and cofound something together here!!!

And perhaps run a crowdfunding campaign for seed funding :slight_smile: I’ll be a backer!

Dobri Kiprov is a Bulgarian name. Dobri means “kind”.

3 Likes

All the venture fund are in the race,

Peter Diamandis MD is a founder/funder of Fountain Life Clinics{they already have 4 open in the US each are 10,000 sq ft] full diagnostics, imaging, testing, scanning. Cost $11,000 to $20,000 per year membership fee. Concierge Physician’s etc.

Also founder Celularity Inc. the cellular therapeutics company, a health care insurance company and 20 other companies.

Ackman is funding David Sabatini.

And there are many others .

All are in the race.

1 Like

Are there any good online used medical equipment vendors you’d recommend? Are parts an issue/ and maintenance (for other people)? expensive?

I had my old home dialysis machine sitting in my garage since 2010. Didn’t know how to get rid of it. Finally, called trash removal service and they picked it up last year. Probably a huge mistake on my part. It was small, portable (I traveled with it) and easy to maintain and use - all hoses and filters were disposable.

3 Likes

Why should it matter if it’s acceptable to me . . . or anyone else? If rich people can do it and want to, they should. I wish I had the money to do the same, but preventing others is nothing more than jealousy.

6 Likes

The disparities of life are the very nature of human existence.

3 Likes

Well, given that virtually all the basic research and specifically the NIH/National Institutes on Aging research / biology of aging and the ITP tests, are all funded by the government (i.e. all the taxpayers of the US) I suspect that the populace would get rather upset if the benefits of this research is going mostly to the wealthiest top 1/10th of 1% of the population. At what point do people start to decide that subsidizing improved lifespans for the rich (via all this basic research money) is not something they want to continue to do? At what point do all the biology/science PhD academics at the leading universities start to question the longevity research they are doing if they and their families will benefit minimally? Sure, entrepreneurship and venture capital, biotech startups, etc. are important for commercialization, but without the basic research funded by everyone there would be no pharma or biotech industry.

And, more broadly, I guess what I’m trying to ask is "is that the type of society you would want to live in, and does it provide the types of incentives to people that you think we want to provide? The higher the inequality, the more violent a society becomes:

Is winning the “luck sperm” lottery really something we want to prioritize over benefiting the broader population that pays for much of the basic biology research? Are we fine with an increasingly inequal society, or do we want to try to level the playing field, at least attempt to make things a little more fair. Attempt to cut back on the corporate welfare, for the benefit of society. I guess the people will decide. I think capitalism is great in many areas, but as it is currently implemented in the US it also definitely has its issues.

The “winner take all” type of society seems to encourage extreme behaviors, extreme crime, extreme social darwinism of the type practiced by Bernie Madoff / Elizabeth Holmes / Jeffrey Skilling (Enron), ‘Pharma Bro’ Martin Shkreli, etc… I think you’d see a lot more of these types of behaviors because if you are successful the payout could be a lifespan 5 to 10 times longer. Seems like an environment that could really promote and reward sociopaths in the population.

7 Likes

Thank you, RapAdmin! Agree with what you said 100%!

1 Like

Just to be devil’s advocate, seems like the elite are roughly paying their ‘fair share’ to fund NIH, etc., based on federal tax collections.

taxes paid

What does living to 500 even mean, lol? ‘Like you’re 25, but for 475 years’? You’d commit suicide long before reaching 500, I expect.

Of course, if you’ve been cryogenically frozen, and launched on a mission to Alpha Centauri, maybe that’s a use case?

1 Like

The other thought that I had is that if you look at successful people and their children-most especially men, they tend to have lots of offspring. If you used someone like Elon Musk as an example of a person who might potentially benefit- even though he’s stated living forever sounds awful- he already has nine children. if we then surmise that his children would also have access to those technologies, what does the world begin to look like when the progeny of billionaires are all having scores of children and all have access to unlimited money and resources for decades and decades? it’s not like we haven’t seen this before. It puts me in mind of Genghis Khan who has thousands and thousands of descendants because of his Harems. From an evolutionary standpoint I could see them eventually have huge effects on the human gene pool.

2 Likes

One neat thing about living to 500 is that, through the miracle of compounding, you’ll have accumulated every dollar in existence.

5 Likes

All the power to anyone biohacking and bothering to inform others of their progress. He’s a young man though. I’m 63, and I know that I could not do what he does for 30 to 40 years, day-in day-out.

KEEP GOING BRYAN JOHNSON!!!

Except for metforim and rapamycin, by next month I’ll be taking more supplements than Bryan Johnson. I read his list of supplements and added a few to mine.

I am already on Jardiance, so I probably will not take metformin.

I may take rapamycin in the near future. I was signed up to take it but bailed at the last minute. It’s a big step to take drugs off label.

I read Blueprint once in a while and if Bryan Johnson can improve my life in any significant way I’ll be thankful. I may implement some of the things that he does over time. I cannot afford to do all of the testing and eat all of the food that he eats. I try to stick to a DASH diet but can only afford that for 2 weeks out of the month at this time.

2 Likes

He mentions great improvement in his oral health which some might also attribute to rapamycin given what has been shown in animals.

3 Likes

Will their even be dollars in 500 years?

As the USD is vanishing/no longer the world’s reserve currency, right before our eyes in real time.

1 Like

I am sure dollars will be around. There’s no real alternative.

When Jim Roger state’s the USD is finished as world’s reserve currency.
I think he is correct.

For those who do not know who Jim Rogers is, look up Black Wednesday.
He was Soros’s partner, made the Bank of England almost insolvent, he and Soros made $1.5 billion in 1992, “occurred on 16 September 1992 when the UK Government was forced to withdraw sterling from the European Exchange Rate Mechanism (ERM),” they Broke the Bank of England.

I tend to think he is correct.

1 Like