Biohacker spending $2m a year to reverse his age beaten by man paying just $30k

@JuanDaw This is an important point. Clearly this marketing effort has run amok. Why would a 61 yo (me) care what a 29 yo is doing to improve the results of a bioage test which isn’t accurate enough for me to pay to use it?

4 Likes

I don’t care, if people don’t list what their LDL or apoB is.
Everything is completely irrelevant if they don’t.

If their apoB or LDL isn’t at youthful levels to prevent atherosclerosis, it is all very much irrelevant as they will bottleneck their longevity with cardiovascular disease.

1 Like

I agree re: hormesis and the need to cycle supplements. I don’t think we’re anywhere close to actually knowing how to cycle them though, and each of us is guided by little more than intuition.

However, looks do matter. The guy looks in his 40s or spectacularly good for his actual age — unless he’s doing other cosmetic stuff that he hasn’t disclosed in his regimen, which I don’t rule out. I’m not at all saying now I’m going to imitate his stack but I am saying I have reason to be less worried about mine (which was far less out there to begin with). One of my biggest fears re: supplements is the presence of damaging contaminants so I like to see guinea pigs like this dude or Bryan Johnson literally not getting killed by popping 150 pills a day. It gives me peace of mind that if only I choose the right stuff for myself it won’t likely bite me in the ass.

6 Likes

I think some things are becoming clearer. Hormesis is clearly about autophagy and particularly mitophagy and increasing mitchondrial efficiency. That is the response to the ATP/ADP gradient. Cycling depends on the cycle. A key cycle is the anabolic catabolic cycle. I personally am pleased because i have now managed to cycle back to a heart rate below 50 BPM having boosted my metabolism. It ia good to know that boosting works, but there are limits.

8 Likes

I couldn’t agree more. I’ve actually shared some of my own thoughts and speculations on crafting a combinational strategy for supplement cycling in a post here (Efficient Combination of Longevity Strategies). Unfortunately, there hasn’t been a substantial amount of feedback or alternative perspectives in the forum.

2 Likes

He also takes this which I never heard of, which goes back to the old telomere debate. Any thoughts on this (or anybody taking it)? Thanks!

How many people have the resources for $579 per week(30K a year) in disposable re$ources?

The fact and reality is not many.

Review my other posting;

7 Likes

I’m surprised that I didn’t see any fish oil on his supplements list!

2 Likes

Maybe he’s a fanatic fish eater and doesn’t need to supplement

3 Likes

Yes, this is in his meal plans:

Also his philosophy

• This site will be an ever-changing document based off of my experimentation, learnings, and philosophy as it continuously evolves, so check back in from time to time to see how it has changed. I am usually updating something somewhere nearly every day. I have “firm convictions loosely held” and am always willing to change my thoughts and ways as new information emerges.
5 Likes

I was thinking today that I take 11 vitamins/supplements a day plus rapa once a week, and taking more than that - not even close to as many as what this guy takes - would drive me nuts.

2 Likes

I have just started buying frozen salmon from the grocery store, which costs €1.35/100g. It tastes fine in a well seasoned dish. Approx. same price as high-end fish oil.

3 Likes

Do you have a target weekly consumption?

1 Like

(~100g) 7x a week.

Also started eating Bryan Johnson’s super veggie since the beginning of December and it’s a great breakfast.

Like he says it takes time to get adjusted to the amount of food, but now I really look forward to eat it.

2 Likes

You might be right. But I think a lot of clinicians, including myself, are erring on the side of caution and sticking to the " tried and true" 6mg/wk.
However, AgelessRx is trying to collect enough data on sirolomus levels in the hopes of trying to figure out if there’s a correlation between Sirolomus levels and side effects or outcomes.

For those who are brave enough to try different dosing protocols, please continue to collect data and report back. Hopefully, we can find a mechanism to capture all this data and put it to good use.

6 Likes

More press coverage on Pescoe and others…

https://www.bespokefitness.fit/about

2 Likes

Very interesting
100 plus supplements is too much.
I probably take 25 a d am trying hard to get this lowered.

I also noticed that he takes Bioregulators and Peptides consistently
Which I posted about in the forum

I will try and reach out to this guy to get some context on his research and the benefits seen from them.

4 Likes

It would be nice if they joined the conversation here… please invite them over.

5 Likes

and he has an old YouTube account:

4 Likes

It would appear that TA-65 is also known as Cycloastragenol. Instead of paying $570 for 90 days supply of TA-65, Nootropics Depot has Cycloastragenol available for $99 for 90 days supply. At that price perhaps it might be worth trying along with some telomere testing?

https://nootropicsdepot.com/cycloastragenol-10-capsules/

3 Likes