This 64-year-old was surprised she ranked 5 in a millionaire’s longevity contest. Here’s her inexpensive routine for a long life

5 Likes

Anyone try the NOVOS supplement that is referred to in this article?

Unlike most combo supplements, this one has 6.5 grams per serving containing 12 different supplements, I am skeptical that you would get close to an optimal dose of each. Several of the supplements, magnesium, glycine, and glucosamine would use up much of 6.5 grams if you were to take the normal recommended doses.

One lady who may be genetically gifted is not enough to recommend this product, especially as many of us already have these ingredients on the shelf.
Though it is a good stack:
Calcium Alpha-Ketoglutarate
Fisetin
Magnesium
Glycine
Glucosamine Sulfate
Pterostilbene
Hyaluronic Acid
Rhodiola Rosea
L-Theanine
Microdosed Lithium
Vitamin C
Malate
Ginger

6 Likes

I agree. I think what is happening is the people who were going to live to 100 anyway are being found now via the bioage tests. What can we learn from their “longevity” interventions? I have no idea but I won’t bet my life on it.

4 Likes

The common denominator seems to be daily, but not strenuous exercise.

6 Likes

Yeah, was going to write a comment about Bayesian math would suggest that at least is a part of it.

What would be interesting is to see what their bloodwork and other biomarkers looks like across a lot of things. What is their testosterone, SHBG and IG-1 for instance at different ages?

What do their CGM profiles look like?

Do their Levine age based on blood work look good, what makers are driving that?

Do they imagery have higher NAD, taurine levels? What does their antioxant capacity look like?
And perhaps questions in between

Have they has low or high protein diets so far in line?

How about exercise - both what they have done, but also how do they stack up if one filters out the amount of exercise on things like dexa, strength, VO2max and Zone 2 body size adjusted output? Ie how important may those things be?

Also what do their genes look like? Do they actually correlate with any know more frequent patterns in centenarians and super centenarians?

Seems like there could be a whole bunch of interesting studies to do here - some could just replicate what they did in centenarian studies. Other things could be done too.

3 Likes

With n=1 self experiments, I only take them seriously when the results are undeniable.

1 Like