Astaxanthin as a super antioxidant

Hi I was arbitrarily reading about astaxanthim’s purported benefits but couldn’t find anyone commenting about it. Is it too inconsequential or non-specific? A bit random - just gloss over if it doesn’t apply to you. Thanks.

Oh, its been a popular topic of conversation for a long time. See these past threads:

And more… see our search feature at the top of the page, or click on this search of our forums on astaxanthin: Search results for 'astaxanthin' - Rapamycin Longevity News

2 Likes

I did not perform controlled tests to be certain but my best judgment is that astaxanthin played a significant role in reducing my hsCRP from high normal to very low normal. Beyond that, I have observed no changes that I can attribute to the substance. I have tried taking from 6-24 mg./day and have settled on 12 mg. of the natural form in the mornings. I chose mornings because I take ezetimibe in the evening and I want to reduce the chance that it will reduce the assimilation of astaxanthin. Unless I missed it, not too much is known about this latter issue.

4 Likes

Thank you Rob - Nice to have a first hand update :purple_heart:

Lowering your hsCRP would be reason enough to take Astaxanthin IMHO.

1 Like

Hell yeah :laughing: better is better. I’m for any improvement in function/performance - especially long term.

1 Like

I eat about 600 grams of Wild Alaskan Sockeye Salmon a week. Is that enough or far too little? I especially love eating the skin.

4 Likes

Looks like you have found a much more enjoyable way to get a fresh supply of natural astaxanthin. Looks like a sweet spot on dose as well, maybe 15-20 mg. or more.

2 Likes

I thought the issue is that it is poorly absorbed as a supplement, has anyone else heard this?