Anyone trying something a little more edgy?

I am probably the heaviest user of melatonin on the forum. Almost always between midnight and 6am. I have almost hit a gram on some nights.

Ignoring the gabaergic aspect serum melatonin tops up mitochondrial melatonin. It also is argued to assist with autophagy.

1 Like

Interesting. In Europe in some countries it is still considered medicine, it is still prescription over 0,44mg… that is why it is so unbelievable that someone would take 180mg… it seems interesting, but it would be impossible for me to import it, it would be confiscated by customs. Most that i can get is 5mg pills. Although I am still perplexed by 180mg… most of the studies quoted in above use far less than that…

Contact Russel Reiter and ask

Contact
Phone number: 210-567-3859

email reiter@uthscsa.edu

2 Likes

I just downloaded his book on my kindle… maybe first some info :sweat_smile:

Thank you for the comprehensive information. This is very helpful. My WBC has teetered on the very low end of normal at my current 24 mg every other week dose so perhaps switching the dose to 12 mg every week would reduce my WBC to below normal levels. Thanks for taking the time to respond to me. Your information is extremely helpful.

1 Like

Wow that’s high. What are your sleep stats like?

The regulatory position is not determined in a seriously rational manner.

Thanks RapAdmin. This is very helpful.

@DrT - my daughter suffers from Sever’s disease. Similar symptoms to plantar fasciitis but different cause.

I was wondering if PRP might help in this context too….

I’m guessing that it probably would, as PRP is anti-inflammatory.
However, that’s not medical advice. You should ask your daughter’s doctor if they would consider it. You could also consult a podiatrist. Don’t be afraid to seek a second opinion.

3 Likes

I measured my CRP level for the first time - it’s less than 3. Wondering why there’s no an exact number. Is it important to know the exact number or “less than” is considered good enough?

Ash Jogalekar

I actually think more rigorous self-experimentation should be encouraged and publicized. It’s startling to realize how many early drugs were discovered through self experimentation, even using shoddy controls.

1 Like

It would help to know the units. I wonder also if the result was <0.3 rather than <3?

C-Reactive Protein
Your Value
<3.0 mg/L
Standard Range
<=5.0 mg/L

That’s a rather odd result hsCRP often cannot measure under 0.3mg so you can get <0.3. However, I have never heard of any analyzer that could only analyze down to 3mg/L.

I have used a lab which could measure as low as 0.16mg/L.

It is an important measurement as the lowest value over time indicates the burden of senescence, it also picks up on bacterial infections. The key driver is IL-6. Hence if over a period of time you measure it when you have not had a recent infection that indicates the background IL-6 value which comes from SASP.

Her posted numbers are

<3.0 mg/L
Standard Range
<=5.0 mg/L

When measuring CRP, ask specifically for high sensitivity CRP, also called hsCRP. It is much more accurate. Ideally, it should be less than 1.0.

2 Likes

Just to add;

The least expensive way I have located{as of 03/14/2023] for CRP-hs / hs-CRP testing preformed by LabCorp is through Hipp Evo

I have no financial interest in Hipp Evo.

I posted this in another thread

CRP-hs / hs-CRP
high-sensitivity C-reactive protein
$75.00 LabCorp billing insurance
Test: 120766
CPT: 86141

CRP-hs (120766)
$12.33 at

3 Likes

I am not quite sure how this is done, but the lab that produces the lowest possible minimum that I use goes down to 0.16mg/L. They are probably using immunoflourescence.

FWIW

Ask the lab what testing methodology is used.

Also ask how they establish there reference.

1 Like