Anyone taking Nattokinase? Why not?

Have you observed a reduction in your LDL with this dosage? How is your CAC score?

Thanks for reminding me : I just emailed my doctor for a referral for the CAC and CIMT.

When I started Lumbrokinase on Oct 2 my baseline ApoB = 86, ApoA= 152 (not expected to improve with Nattokinase/Lumbrokinase/Serrapeptase) and Fibrinogen = 431 (expected to reduce with Lumbrokinase/Serrapeptase, but did not improve since starting Serrapeptase on 8/28/23). Will get a followup next month at the time of my CAC & CIMT.

1 Like

I have not taken the time to see if anyone else mentions this study but it may be why the enthusiasm for Natto declined in 2021. I would love to a study show otherwise but haven’t found one yet.

1 Like

Yes it was talked about here for quite a while. Then the newer study came along that said you need more like 10000fu to make it work.

Nobody has done a really good job of proving anything, but higher rates look like they are significant.

1 Like

Agree, the current evidence is that one needs more than 10,000FU daily to move the needle. What brand of Nattokinase are you all using ? I am using the Naturebell Nattokinase (2 tabs twice a day on empty stomach, total of 10,666 FU/day) from Amazon, and apparently it is 3rd party tested, and they have responded and are sending me the results. I would like to find an affordable nattokinase NSK-SD, and I thought I found one in the Vitacost product, but it is unavailable.

1 Like

What brand of Nattokinase are you all using ?

I use Nattovena from Arthur Andrew Medical (https://arthurandrew.com/products/nattovena). 4000 FU per capsule.

It’s the best option that I was able to find with my 2 criteria of (a) high per-capsule dose (FU) and (b) from a company that’s been around a while and has a good reputation.

My only concern about this particular product is whether a significant amount survives the stomach. I’ve seen studies mention that nattokinase is degraded by gastric fluids and some nattokinase products come in an enterically-coated capsule. The manufacturer’s website used to make the following claim: “Plus, it’s naturally acid-stable since it’s derived from a food source. This gives Nattovena the added benefit of not needing an enteric coating for protection against stomach acid.” I have doubts about that argument. However, I see that they’ve recently removed this claim from their site.

My planned dose of 1 capsule (4000 IU) 3 times a day, for a total of 12000 FU/day (after the Chinese study using 10800 FU mentioned earlier in this thread), initially seemed relatively high. That is, until I saw the manufacturer’s recommended dosing for this product:

• “Maintenance: Two capsules per day.” (8000 FU)
  • “Increased Support: Four capsules per day.” (16000 FU)
  • “Therapeutic: Six capsules per day.” (24000 FU)
2 Likes

FWIW

I use ;

I use this one.

1 Like

The dose of Nattokinase probably depends on weight? I’m 110lb, so 10,000 may be too much for me.

I take it sometimes to help clear out, usually during a fasting protocoll or if i feel like it can be helpfull cleancing the blood and circulatory system

Great question and I would love to know if nattokinase has similar benefits to simply eating natto.

I love natto and eat it regularly (I know that not everyone shares my enthusiasm, it’s pretty stinky stuff, :joy:).

My LDL and my ApoB are usually between 50-60. My Coronary Calcium Score is 0. I do not take statins or any other cholesterol lowering drugs. I take rapamycin. I cannot know for sure if natto contributes to my low LDL and ApoB. My diet has been mostly whole foods plant based for the past 15 years.

All the best trying out nattokinase. Sounds like something that would be beneficial to try.

3 Likes

Anybody here convinced that Nattokinase NSK-SD is worth the price premium ?

NSK-SD

Assuming 12K FU/day (above 10.8K goal), my current monthly cost calculations from reputable sources, excluding taxes/shipping:

Pharmakon Nattokinase (above): $20
Nutricost Nattokinase: $20.19
Doctor’s Best Nattokinase: $22.60
Arthur Anderson Nattokinase (above): $25
Doublewood Nattokinase: $27
Allergy Research NSK-SD (Emerson Ecologics): $49.60
Vitacost NSK-SD: $52

Have a fibrinolytic day !!

3 Likes

I have been wondering the same. I eat a bunch of natto as well in my diet. I order it from Rhapsody. I know that the FU content in 50g natto is only about 100-150FU, which is very low compared to the beneficial dose of nattokinase (about 10,800FU). However, many of the same benefits have also been shown from just eating natto, which makes me wonder if it’s specifically the FU that yields the benefits or something else. Natto is very high in Vitamin K2, while nattokinase has none.

At the moment, I am having 2 tablespoons of natto daily AND taking 8000FU of nattokinase. I don’t know whether this is overkill or not.

I believe their capsules are enteric coated. I’ve had demonstrable benefit from their Neprinol (natto-, serratipeotudase and amla).

1 Like

Their Neprinol page does state that it’s in an acid-resistance capsule (in the “FAQS” section). The page for Nattovena page doesn’t say anything similar. :man_shrugging:

I’d be interested in hearing more about the benefits that you observed with Neprinol. I might try it after my course of Nattovena.

I’ve been taking 35+ supplements twice a day for at least 2 years. I do not take rapa yet but I am looking at it.

I’ve been taking 4,000FU twice per day for a total of 8,000FU/day (DoubleWood nattokinase) for over a year and starting in 2024 started taking 6,000FU twice per day for a total of 12,000FU/day.

I’ve run no tests before or after. I asked for a CAC and Drs said no so far. Had an aortic valve replacement and 3-way bypass in late 2017.

I am trying to do everything that I can to extend my life and get my cardiovascular disease under control.

5 Likes

About sixteen years ago a carotid scan was pretty bad (3/5 Framingham quintile but 5-years risk). I did nine months of Neprinol 3x3/day in empty stomach and a course of EDTA -IV. My lipids are genetically bad to boot. After that period redid scan and there was a nearly zero score. Three more months doing Neprinol 3x1/ day, it was then zero. I now do annual 30-day Neprinol of 3x1/day. Last carotid scan about 2 years ago and was completely clean and heart scan was in the teens total and no particular bad spots. This year I switched to cyclodextrin on account of a PRP injection that I didn’t want to interfere with (rotator cuff tear). Hope that helps. I’ll look into where I heard about coating.

7 Likes

The positive natto studies I’ve seen mention that 2,000FU is too low a dose to get any significant results. You need at least 8,000FU, and the optimum number in one study was 10,800FU. So this negative study doesn’t tell us much. It reminds me of the negative Vitamin D studies where participants were given 2000IU (and in some cases even less) and found no benefit (Duh!)

Exactly right! Natto needs to be at the higher dose that you mention.

FWIW I have stated before, I take{for the past 4 months] 15,000FU to 24,000FU everyday.

Each softgel capsule is 3000FU

Using , photo of the label

71XOqRrNuFL.AC_UF350,350_QL80_FMwebp

1 Like