Anti-aging Benefits of Rapamycin, Personal Experiences (part 2)

previous post above in addition to the two new improvements

15 mg every 2 weeks

If you haven’t changed anything else then it must be down to the Rapa.
That said, I haven’t started on Rapa yet but since I totally revamped my diet and exercise regime two years ago I’ve had moles/age spots shrinking and completely disappearing. (The most recent ones being the ones that go first whilst the oldest ones don’t appear to have changed).
It will be interesting to see if this accelerates after I start taking Rapa

1 Like

Comment from Michel’s wife: I started rapamycin in November 2021 at 1mg per week, gradually increasing to 3mg per week. I have noticed a difference in my energy level and its overall effect on my productivity. Recently paused the weekly dose for about a month to allow a skin irritation on my arms to clear up (side effect). Resumed rapamycin four weeks ago with no problems. (68yo female)

4 Likes

Follow-up comment from Michel’s wife, Rebecca: The striated skin irritation that occurred previously in the bend of my elbows has now appeared on my neck as of two days ago. Common diagnoses for this condition relate to a constriction somewhere in the spine but I have no spinal discomfort at all. We are concluding that this inflammation must be a mild side effect of rapamycin. Michel also had the striated irritation in the bend of his elbows previously but it has not recurred nor has he experienced any spinal discomfort.

1 Like

@RapAdmin I love this section. All hopeful and positive. For balance, do you have any negative comments? Side effect issues that required discontinuation or no results at all?

3 Likes

Of course I track both - see the “side effects and risks of rapamycin” section in the Rapamycin FAQ (always available at the top of the page of the main site landing page, or at the very top of any page on the site when viewed from a desktop / laptop computer), or just search on “rapamycin FAQ” on mobile phones or tablets.

4 Likes

Thank you. Still learning your site, but you have great stuff in here that I have not found anywhere. I am trying to compile enough knowledge to consider offering it to my patients as an option.

9 Likes

Great - let us know if you offer it to your patients and we’ll add you to our list of doctor’s prescribing rapamycin.

3 Likes

Maybe add an age factor to your survey?

What do you mean by “age factor”?

How long after starting rapa did you observe the change in behavior?

Today I hit a max heart rate of 173 (age 61) while virtual bicycling racing on Strava. I have been taking rapamycin for 4 1/2 month. I am going to say this is a high likely effect of the medicine combined with my effort.

4 Likes

Do you mean that rapamycin increased your max heart rate? Do you know what your max heart rate was before starting rapamycin?

My calculated Max HR is 159, I have been able to sustain 173 recently during exercise. My take on this is that rapamycin is probably helping as it is the only variable that has changed. I have been on Rapamycin for 4 1/2 months. Prior to Rapamycin I was closer to 159.

5 Likes

Wow. That’s interesting. Maybe it is the rapamycin. Thanks for the info!

2 Likes

I tend to agree. Max HR went from 162 back to 170. Fairly intense bike riding.

My maximum sustaHR went from 143 to 150.

2 Likes

Took my first dose today 1mg, very excited age 39. Alot of great info in here.

7 Likes

Welcome to the dark side of anti-aging… brahaha.

8 Likes

Do you mind if I ask what caused your tinnitus ? I have noise induced and am wondering if I can see any benefit.

1 Like

do you have any previous conditions before starting Rapa? any major medications that you are on?

1 Like