Aging Research and Drug Discovery Conference - Aug. 28 to Sept. 1, 2023

Only $49 for the online / virtual option. (first day of conference is free, virtual). This is arguably the top “longevity drug” conference in the world.

Register here: https://agingpharma.org/registration

Program Listing Here: https://agingpharma.org/program2023

Last Year’s ARDD Conference Videos: https://agingpharma.org/2022

2023 ARDD Conference Videos starting to be added here: https://agingpharma.org/2023

7 Likes

Thanks! I signed up for the free 1-day pass.

Thank you. The videos of last year are a smorgasbord of knowledge.

1 Like

AARD has started (about 20 minutes ago)…

James Kirkland is on right now…

James Kirkland, MD, PhD, Noaber Foundation
Professor of Aging Research
Director, Robert and Arlene Kogod Center on Aging

Click on this link to see if you can log-on and listen: Streaming for the longevity workshop can be accessed here:

This was in my email inbox today:

We are thrilled that you are joining. Here is some info in case you missed it from our previous email.

Live Streaming
Links for the main ARDD event will be send out in the morning (CET) on each day.

Questions and networking
You are encouraged to use Slack to ask questions of speakers and panelists. Please use this link to access the channels to chat with other participants, if you are having technical issues, or if you want to ask questions to the speakers:
https://tinyurl.com/4azdp9ae

Longevity Medicine Day
Streaming for the longevity workshop can be accessed here:

Emerging Science & Technologies Workshop

Streaming for the longevity workshop can be accessed here:

Schedule
We know your schedule is very busy and that you may not be able to attend every session. However, we do encourage you to participate as much as possible. For your convenience the full schedule can be found here: https://agingpharma.org/program2023

Recording
We aim to record all talks, however, speakers may opt out of this for various reasons. Available talks will be posted a few months after the conference.

Social Media
We are excited that you will be joining us for this exciting meeting. Please be sure to share highlights, ahaa(!) moments and thought-provoking ideas, through all your social media channels and use the hashtag #ARDD2023

2 Likes

Note - some resources if people want to record online presentations… like the ARDD conference, for later listening. I may do this now as I don’t want to stay up all night.

Mac Users:
Use this, with “Screenshot” that is on every Mac:

This is working well for me - highly recommend it. Easy to do.

PC: Perhaps someone can comment, if they are using any PC software, what app works well for doing this. Some reading below.

1 Like

I’m working during most of this. Let us know if something notable comes up. I’ll watch the videos if they ever come out.

1 Like

I’ve recorded it all last night while I was sleeping (and will do so each day going forward if I can) - and will try to provide a summary of interesting points when I review the video recording later. Many of the presentations will ultimately become available online, but it takes 3 to 5 months I think.

4 Likes

Fun fact…

Jordan Shlain, the Founder, Exec. Chair of Private Medical, USA did a presentation covering “The challenges of longevity medicine in primary care practice” and was talking about how people are going on the web and getting all this longevity information (some good, some not so good) - and as part of his presentation had a slide with one of the rapamycin information (his infographics) that @Krister_Kauppi has compiled… Rapamycin was one of the examples of the well validated therapies , but he mentioned he gets all kinds of questions about random approaches that have little scientific evidence. I’ll see if I can post the section.

5 Likes

Just want to encourage people to try to listen in on this conference if they can. Its got some really good speakers and presentations. I’m recording them all for review later, and will try to provide some summaries of presentations or research that I think would be of most interest to people.

Also - just a few notes. This is the first time I’ve recorded an online presentation and I’m really having it stored and recorded locally so that:

1. I can sleep all night while the conference is going on
  2. I can play the conference back at difference speeds (using Quicktime Viewer) and skip ahead easily - so it makes the conference viewing much easier than in real-time.
  3. Its nice to be able to go back and rewatch portions that are particularly complex, or have complex slides that I want to review, or look up papers, etc. during the presentation.

So - I’d recommend people look into this for all online conferences.

On the Mac - the combination of “Screenshot” app (included with every Macintosh computer) with Blackhole 2C app, works really well.

You can choose to have either the Mac Speakers And the “Internal Sound” (BlackHole 2ch) that the apps are recording from, turned on. Or you can just have just the “BlackHole 2ch” chosen (from the speaker dropdown menu at the top of the screen, as shown below). The benefit of this is that the computer is silent while its actually recording the video/audio from the conference. you can also turn the brightness of the screen all the way down, even if its black the video is recorded at the regular visibility so when you do. The benefit is that you don’t have to have the video screen and audio on all night while its recording (which was the case last night while this conference was going on).

See below - the “multi-Output Device” is where the sound is sent to both the speakers and the internal audio recording software/Screenshot, and choosing just the “BlackHole 2ch” is just the internal software recording and no audible sound.
Screen Shot 2023-08-28 at 3.11.34 PM

Also - with ScreenShot you can record either the full screen, or just some section of the screen where the video is. So in this case I just recorded the video portion of the web page (i.e. the black portion of the screen below). This also has the benefit of recording in lower resolution video, thus less disk space used to store the video. In my case last night I did one long video recording of about 6 hours - and it was about 32 GB of disk space. So at least in this case its pretty storage intensive.

2 Likes

Most of the conferences I have watched lately just seem to be a rehash of what we already know.
I get more of the latest and greatest information on life extension from this forum.

3 Likes

Generally yes - but this one I’m finding has some good nuggets that I’ve not heard of. Will share what I can.

3 Likes

For people interested in checking the conference out:

Live Streaming
Here is the link for the 2nd day of ARDD, 29th of August:

Questions and networking
You are encouraged to use Slack to ask questions of speakers and panelists. Please use this link to access the channels to chat with other participants, if you are having technical issues, or if you want to ask questions to the speakers:

Schedule
We know your schedule is very busy and that you may not be able to attend every session. However, we do encourage you to participate as much as possible. For your convenience the full program can be found here: https://agingpharma.org/program2023

Recording
We aim to record all talks, however, speakers may opt out of this for various reasons. Available talks will be posted a few months after the conference.

Social Media
We are excited that you will be joining us for this exciting meeting. Please be sure to share highlights, ahaa(!) moments and thought-provoking ideas, through all your social media channels and use the hashtag #ARDD2023

2 Likes

Interesting, can you take a screenshot on the slide he uses the infographic. Curious to see how he uses it.

Here is what I have right now - but I’m learning how to edit video a bit now and will try to post a short clip to help give context to it.

Here is the slide before (he’s talking about how people here in the silicon valley tend to want everything to happen quickly (the “move fast and break things…” ethos), and an example of the news and hype we are all seeing…

and then followed up with this slide where he’s talking about all the things he gets asked about…

Since I’ve only participated in the rapamycin and Plasmapheresis I figure I’m doing well at restraining myself :wink:

2 Likes

Today’s viewing link:

Live Streaming
Here is the link for the 3rd day of ARDD, 30th of August:

Questions and networking

Schedule
We know your schedule is very busy and that you may not be able to attend every session. However, we do encourage you to participate as much as possible. For your convenience the full program can be found here: https://agingpharma.org/program2023

Recording

Social Media

1 Like

Today’s schedule (which I’ll be recording and trying to watch tomorrow).

03:10 - 03:30 AM (NY)
09:10 - 09:30 (CET)

A tale of old and new love: Insights into longevity and rejuvenation from diapause

Adam Antebi , Max Planck Institute for Biology of Ageing, Germany

03:30 - 03:50 AM (NY)
09:30 - 09:50 (CET)

Poor old Pores; Surveillance of the intrinsically disordered FG-nucleoporins

Liesbeth Veenhoff , University Medical Center Groningen, The Netherlands

03:50 - 04:10 AM (NY)
09:50 - 10:10 (CET)

Do longevity interventions repair age-related collagen crosslinking?

Collin Ewald , ETH Zurich, Switzerland

04:10 - 04:30 AM (NY)
10:10 - 10:30 (CET)

Break

04:30 - 04:50 AM (NY)
10:30 - 10:50 (CET)

Cellular Senescence and Human Longevity

Yousin Suh, Columbia University, USA

04:50 - 05:10 AM (NY)
10:50 - 11:10 (CET)

Proactive clinical monitoring of immune system aging

Natalia Mitin, CEO and Co-Founder, Sapere Bio

05:10 - 05:30 AM (NY)
11:10 - 11:30 (CET)

Activation of GNAQ rejuvenates memory in aged animals

Coleen Murphy , Princeton University, USA

05:30 - 07:00 AM (NY)
11:30 - 13:00 (CET)

Lunch

07:00 - 07:20 AM (NY)
13:00 - 13:20 (CET)

Genome Stability in Aging and Disease: New insights and therapeutic avenues

Björn Schumacher, University of Cologne, Germany

07:20 - 07:40 AM(NY)
13:20 - 13:40 (CET)

Developing gerotherapeutics by defining mechanisms of action (MoAs)

Tim Peterson, BIOIO and VitaDAO

07:40 - 08:00 (NY)
13:40 - 14:00 (CET)

Genome instability, aging and disease

Jan Vijg , Albert Einstein College of Medicine, USA

08:00 - 08:20 (NY)
14:00 - 14:20 (CET)

Coffee break

08:20 - 08:35 AM (NY)
14:20 - 14:35 (CET)

Accurate aging clocks based on accumulating stochastic variation

David Meyer, University of Cologne, Germany

08:35 - 08:50 AM (NY)
14:35 - 14:50 (CET)

Promoting Longevity through Circadian Clock-Oriented Feeding

Victoria Acosta Rodriguez

08:50 - 09:05 AM (NY)
14:50 - 15:05 (CET)

Causal Epigenetic Age Uncouples Damage and Adaptation

Kejun Albert Ying, Harvard Medical School, USA

09:05 - 09:20 (NY)
15:05 - 15:20 (CET)

Why fast glycolytic muscle decline first during ageing

Fabian Finger, Novo Nordisk Foundation Center for Basic Metabolic Research, Copenhagen

09:20 - 10:00 (NY)
15:20 - 16:00 (CET)

Poster session

10:00 - 10:20 AM (NY)
16:00 - 16:20 (CET)

The neuro-vascular interface in cardiac ageing

Stefanie Dimmeler , Goethe-University Frankfurt, Germany

10:20 - 10:40 AM (NY)
16:20 - 16:40 (CET)

Clearance of Intracellular Free Cholesterol by Liver-Targeted LNP-mRNA Therapy Reverses Cardiovascular and Metabolic Disease

Mourad Topors , Repair Biotechnologies, USA

10:40 - 11:00 AM (NY)
16:40 - 17:00 (CET)

Inspire Longevity: Forging New Horizons

Andrea Olsen, CEO The Youth Longevity Association, UK

Jamie Justice, XPRIZE, USA

11:00 - 11:20 AM(NY)
17:00 - 17:20 (CET)

Coffee break

11:20 - 11:40 AM (NY)
17:20 - 17:40 (CET)

Pharma.AI: Commercially-available AI-Platform with Reinforcement Learning from Expert Human and Experimental Feedback for Acceleration of Drug Discovery and Aging Research

Petrina Kamya, Insilico Medicine, Canada

Frank Pun, Insilico Medicine, Hong Kong

11:40 - 12:00 AM(NY)
17:40 - 18:00 (CET)

Gut-liver axis in healthy ageing: microbiome modulates chronic liver disease in mice

Folkert Kuipers , University Medical Center Groningen, The Netherlands

12:00 - 12:20 PM (NY)
18:00 - 18:20 (CET)

Epigenetic stabilization and reprogramming: an update

David Sinclair , Harvard Medical School, USA

Videos from the 2023 ARDD conference are starting to be uploaded to YouTube. This week was the Tony Wyss-Coray presentation:

I suspect they’ll slowly be adding more over the coming weeks. Check here for current status. These are usually great videos (at least many of them):

1 Like

This talk really excited me. Can we figure which H2S donor they used. H2S is relevant target and easily manipulated.

I take Allicin as an H2S donor to assist with mitogenesis.

1 Like

Taurine and acetyl cystein increase H2S to.