A Friendly Biological Age Reduction Competition?

Paul, how long have you been takin rapamycin?

two years plus two months

1 Like

Thank you for your reply.

Continuous or intermittent / pulsing dosing?
How long on 15mg?

8 months on 15 mg now every 2 weeks
was going every week at lower doses

2 Likes

Hi Master David…I had a 13 year biological difference in chronological age twice thru TruMe… a spit epigentic test… 6 months apart.

GlycanAge blood tests results in 4-5 weeks!

1 Like

I recently got my second Levine bioage result since starting rapa in early October, 2021. I also took a look at my data for the last five years to see any trends and note the variability. The data was sometimes incomplete (damn 2020), so I interpolated between tests. I also held fasting glucose constant because mine is highly variable day-to-day, which makes the results only valid as a comparison over time.

Result: 4 months after starting rapa, by bioage was reduced almost 5 years, and maintained that reduction at 7 months.

8 Likes

With my recent labs on 5/3, my biological age using this Levine formula is 35.31 years. I will turn 58 on June 12th. (so, a 21 year biological age reduction from chronological age)

I have taken rapamycin for 1.5 years and currently on 20 mg every two weeks dose. Unfortunately, I did not do this calculation before I started rapamycin. This is the first time I did the calculation (after my 5/3 labs).

3 Likes

Whatever you’re doing, that’s an impressive youthing result.

1 Like

Mind sharing your last phenoage full panel, curious to see what marker(s) might have been associated with the large reduction?

2 Likes

Mac. Not sure what you are asking. I have not had CR protein checked for years so really can’t compare to previous indices to put in Levine calculator. I will now get full CMP, CBC and CRP in all future labs to do calculation.

When you say Levine formula, are you referring to the widely reported here phenoage? See EnerQay spreadsheet above.

Do you have a similar spreadsheet showing the markers that yielded your 35.3 biological age?

I used the spreadsheet that Rap Admin posted on another thread.

Initial post in this thread that includes link to Levine Phenotypic calculations spreadsheet - click here.

Here is the spreadsheet with my numbers…

Neck_Bio_Age_May22Labs.xls - Compatibility Mode.pdf (29.0 KB)

2 Likes

Looks like your glucose, Lymphocytes %, Mean Cell Volume, RBC Distribution Width are low, driving down phenoage.

hbA1c, lipids, other liver/kidney function markers?

1 Like

from same 5/3 labs:

1. Kidney Markers:

Alkaline Phosphatase: 73 (range: 44-121)
AST (SGOT): 28 (range: 0-40)
ALT (SGPT): 31 (range: 0-44)

1. Lipid Panel:

Cholesterol, Total: 166 (range: 100-199)
Triglycerides: 53 (Range: 0-149)
HDL: 66 (range: greater than 39)
VLDL Cholesterol Cal: 11 (range: 5-40)
LDL Cholesterol Cal (NIH): 89 (range 0-99)

1. Hemoglobin A1c: 5.0 (range 4.8 -5.6)
  2. Insulin: 2.0 (range: 2.6 to 24.9)

Thoughts?

2 Likes

I’m envious of your cholesterol levels :grinning:

1 Like

RapAdmin. Those actually were up a few points since labs in Feb. HA! Wish I would have done CRP measure in Feb and in past so I could trace biological age over time. Will do that from now on. My diet is very strict as well. No meat of any kind, no dairy, nothing fried…so I’m sure that helps cholesterol. My 23 and me genetic testing says I am predisposed to very high cholesterol and fatty liver disease so I think lifestyle and supplementation helping counteract genetics. I appreciate you and MAC’s input on my numbers.

2 Likes

Can you give me an idea of what your diet looks like typically… breakfast, lunch and dinner?

Excellent looking lipid and hbA1c markers.

Your TG of 53, and your TG/HDL is 0.8 (<1 is excellent), and your remnant cholesterol (TC-LDL-HDL) is 11 (very low CVD risk quartile).

You have GGT, eGFR liver markers?

On diet, you were on this diet BEFORE Rapamycin?

Yes, please do share your diet.