75 meds and supplements that Peter Diamandis takes

This is a blog about what I take, and why I take them.

In 2013, in the prestigious journal Cell, scientists identified what they called the “9 Hallmarks of Aging,” basically a working hypothesis on the underlying causes of aging (on a molecular and cellular basis). Note: The list has since been expanded to 12 hallmarks.

My meds & supplement routine is built around addressing as many of these as possible.

Good synthesis of why rapamycin is his top one.

Below is the full list, anything people find exciting that we have not discussed that much before?

(And surprises for things he is not taking?)

Here is the link to his blog on this topic: Why I Take 75 Pills Every Day... and What They Do?

Inflammation

Stamets-7: A unique blend of seven medicinal mushrooms, including Reishi, Lion’s Mane, and Cordyceps, that work synergistically to support immune function, cognitive health, and energy levels. This supplement also promotes resilience against stress and inflammation, contributing to overall vitality and well-being.

Metacurcumin: An advanced form of curcumin, known for its potent anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. This bioavailable supplement helps reduce systemic inflammation, supports joint health, and protects cells from oxidative damage, enhancing overall physical health and resistance to chronic diseases.

Alpha Lipoic Acid: A powerful antioxidant that neutralizes free radicals and supports mitochondrial health. This supplement plays a crucial role in energy metabolism and helps maintain optimal cellular function, reducing the risk of age-related conditions and enhancing metabolic health.

Glutathione / Liposomal: Known as the master antioxidant, glutathione in liposomal form ensures maximum absorption. It detoxifies cells, combats oxidative stress, and supports liver function, helping to maintain robust cellular health and enhance immune defenses.

Liposomal Vit C: Vitamin C in a liposomal delivery system that enhances absorption and bioavailability. This potent antioxidant supports immune function, collagen synthesis, and skin health, while also protecting cells from oxidative damage and promoting cardiovascular health.

Polyphenol Booster: A supplement rich in polyphenols, naturally occurring compounds with strong antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. It helps protect against oxidative stress, supports cardiovascular health, and promotes metabolic balance, contributing to overall wellness.

SPM Active: Specialized pro-resolving mediators that aid in resolving inflammation and promoting tissue repair. This supplement supports immune function and helps the body return to homeostasis after inflammatory responses, ensuring efficient healing and recovery.

Astaxanthin (AX3): A potent carotenoid antioxidant that protects cells from oxidative stress and inflammation. It supports skin health, improves cardiovascular function, and enhances physical endurance and recovery, contributing to overall physical robustness.

Glycine: An amino acid that supports collagen production, detoxification processes, and sleep quality. It also plays a role in maintaining muscle health and promoting cognitive function, contributing to a balanced and resilient physiological state.

CoQ10 w/ PQQ: Coenzyme Q10 and Pyrroloquinoline Quinone are essential for cellular energy production and antioxidant protection. They support mitochondrial function, enhance cellular energy levels, and protect against oxidative damage, maintaining optimal cellular health.

Altered Intercellular Communication / Brain

Prodrome Neuro: A supplement formulated to support brain health by providing essential nutrients that enhance cognitive function, protect against neurodegenerative conditions, and reduce oxidative stress, promoting sustained mental clarity and vitality.

Prodrome Glia: Designed to support glial cells in the brain, this supplement helps maintain a healthy nervous system, reduce oxidative stress, and protect against neurodegenerative diseases, ensuring robust cognitive function and mental performance.

PC (BioBody) Liposomal Phospholipid Complex: This complex delivers essential phospholipids in a liposomal form to support cellular membrane integrity and function. It enhances nutrient absorption, supports liver health, and promotes overall cellular resilience.

DHEA w/Pregnenolone: A hormonal supplement that supports cognitive function, mood regulation, and energy levels. DHEA and Pregnenolone are precursors to other hormones, helping to maintain hormonal balance and overall vitality.

BAET: Bioavailable energy technology that enhances cellular energy production, improving physical performance and mental clarity. It supports mitochondrial function and overall cellular efficiency, contributing to sustained energy and resilience.

Creatine: A well-known supplement that supports muscle strength, power, and endurance by enhancing ATP production in muscles. It improves exercise performance, supports muscle recovery, and helps maintain overall physical function.

Magnesium Glycinate: An essential mineral in a highly absorbable form that supports relaxation, sleep quality, and cognitive health. Magnesium glycinate helps reduce stress, promote muscle relaxation, and maintain a balanced nervous system.

Hormones

Testosterone: A hormone that plays a critical role in maintaining muscle mass, bone density, and overall energy levels. Supplementing with testosterone supports physical performance, cognitive function, and metabolic health.

*Note: I also take DHEA w/Pregnenolone (10/15mcg), which affects hormones and is described above.

Muscle

Taurine 2,000mg: An amino acid that supports mitochondrial health, cellular protection, and detoxification processes. Taurine enhances muscle function, promotes cardiovascular health, and supports a balanced immune response.

Note: I also take Creatine for building and maintaining muscle, which is described above.

Mitochondrial Dysfunction

B-Complex Plus: A comprehensive blend of essential B vitamins that support energy metabolism, nervous system health, and cognitive function. This supplement helps reduce fatigue, improve mood, and maintain overall vitality.

Note: I take CoQ10 w/ PQQ (100/10mg), which is described above and influences mitochondrial dysfunction.

Disabled Macroautophagy

Time Plus NAD: A supplement that supports cellular energy production and repair processes by enhancing NAD+ levels. It helps maintain optimal cellular function, supports metabolism, and promotes efficient energy utilization.

Mitopure: A supplement that enhances mitochondrial function, supporting cellular health and energy production. Mitopure promotes metabolic efficiency, reduces oxidative stress, and supports overall physical performance.

NMN: Nicotinamide mononucleotide, a precursor to NAD+, supports cellular energy production and repair. NMN helps maintain metabolic health, enhances physical and cognitive performance, and supports overall cellular vitality.

Dysbiosis

Cal/Mag Butyrate: A supplement that supports gut health and overall well-being. Calcium and magnesium butyrate promote a healthy gut microbiome, enhance digestion, and support immune function, contributing to a balanced physiological state.

Probiotic: A high-quality supplement that supports a healthy gut microbiome with a diverse range of beneficial bacteria. It enhances digestion, immune function, and nutrient absorption, promoting overall health and well-being.

Blood Vessels / Cardiovascular

Artersoil: A supplement that regenerates the endothelial glycocalyx, the protective lining inside blood vessels. It supports vascular health, improves blood flow, and reduces cardiovascular risk, promoting optimal circulatory function.

Geroprotection

Rapamycin: As discussed in detail in the blog An immunosuppressant and mTOR inhibitor, Rapamycin has shown potential in extending lifespan by mimicking caloric restriction. It reduces cellular senescence, supports autophagy, and enhances metabolic function. Originally used to prevent organ transplant rejection, it is now being studied for its anti-aging and health-promoting properties.

Telomere attrition

Astragalus Supreme: An herbal supplement that supports immune function and cellular protection. Astragalus enhances the body’s natural defenses, reduces inflammation, and supports overall physical resilience and health.

Related

8 Likes

Nice! Does he mention what he spends?

BAET? I couldn’t find.

Strange decision to not mention the lipid lowering medications he takes, unless Diamandis has stopped taking them.

2 Likes

Think there was something on his spend in an recent article in one of the other threads

Yes, it’s a bit surprising / I remember he was one of the early PSCK9i users.

That’s only decreasing the risk for the leading cause of death (heart disease and stroke).

And I think he has extra CVDS risk in his family, so it might be that the most is not complete.

1 Like

This says he takes Crestor, Zetia and Repatha.

https://www.nad.com/news/physician-entrepreneur-peter-diamandiss-top-supplement-picks-for-2024

4 Likes

So it’s really more than 75 drugs he is taking? I assume he means every day but perhaps not. Maybe he cycles in and out of the various things he takes. I do not take everything i supplement every day.

2 Likes

While I appreciate Diamandis is sharing his list, the list is much less than “75”, what gives? Maybe I don’t know how to count anymore. And he is selling a trip.