Your Rapamycin / Metformin / Supplement Stack?

Let me know the rationale about the iron - I’m taking it (along with some beet root powder) to help with a lack of energy during my workouts. Always open to understanding the downside of it - thanks.

I haven’t studied the science - but did see this come out recently:

2 Likes

Yes, iron is quite the pro-oxidant and you definitely don’t want too much of it.

3 Likes

I still haven’t figured out what’s the optimal amount of iron one may want. When does low iron start becoming anemia?

I’d start with getting a CBC and ferritin. CBC would tell you if you’re anemic, ferritin tells you your iron storage levels and is therefore a good indicator of overall iron levels.

2 Likes

@Krister_Kauppi

I don’t know what Dave Asprey’s regimen is regarding rapamycin - but he takes so many things, from so many people, its hard to follow. Also - since he’s just a business person by training (Wharton MBA) - I don’t follow him so much on the science.

Did you see our page on the current activities of longevity researchers with regard to rapamycin?

1 Like

Really good summary of the field! Regarding Peter Attia, you can update his regime to the one I have in the excel. He talked last year about his abouted regime without breaks.

I agree regarding Dave but many people know who he is so if you stumbled upon something regarding his regime just send a mess. I will do the same if I find some other persons to your summary.

2 Likes

I got a test. I seem to have normal hemoglobin count (in around 50th percentile), with ferritin levels of around 40 (5th percentile). I still can’t tell if this is near-optimal, or if I have iron-deficiency without anemia, or if I want to donate blood and further prevent iron-dependent aging. Sigh.

I’m wondering if I should try experimenting with iron supplements and then donate blood after a month or two in any event.

Ferritin levels are a bit of a murky topic. 40 might actually be really good for longevity purposes, since you aren’t at the very bottom of the normal range and you aren’t anemic per your CBC. There may be some studies out there correlating ferritin levels and disease states such as CVD, might be worth a PubMed check

1 Like

Current regimen
Medications: Sirolimus 4mg weekly, Selegiline 5mg 1/4 tablet 4 days per week, Dapagliflozin 5mg approximately twice a week when eating more carbs, Tadalafil 10mg twice a week, Atorvastatin 20mg every other day to keep LDL under 70

Took 1 dose of Dulaglutide 0.75mg earlier this week. This has definitely decreased my appetite significantly. If I have breakfast in the morning I feel no hunger through into dinner time. I have experienced constipation with Dulaglutide that requires concurrent use with Senna and Docusate. I may extend the dosing frequency to every 10 days depending on how I feel.

Note: If you plan on purchasing life insurance it would be best to pay out of pocket for Sirolimus and any diabetes drug being used off label. I was recently denied supplemental life insurance through my employer citing Milliman Intelliscript.

Supplements: Niacin 500mg every other evening, Essential Amino Acids 10g (Optimal Amino) pre-strength training and daily, PrimaVie Shilajit 250mg daily 4-5 days per week, Theanine 200mg at bedtime, Liquid Vitamin D 5000 units/K2 200 mcg twice a week, Q10 200mg daily

3 Likes

Great information - thanks for posting. Why the Selegiline? I have never heard of its use in anti aging.

Did you get insurance coverage for the sirolimus for a while? I think for most of us, that would be really hard - but I have heard some people have gotten it (without an organ transplant).

What brands of lutein + zeaxanthin and spermidine do you use?

Insurance covered rapamycin for me without any prior authorization. Was pretty shocked.

A little concerned about future insurance coverage now reading the comment above…

1 Like

Trunature brand for the lutein:

https://www.costco.com/trunature-vision-complex-lutein-%26-zeaxanthin%2C-140-softgels.product.100003048.html

and an unusual situation for the spermidine - purchased via a friend in Europe:

Drug/supp Dose 12/3/21
rapamycin 15mg/ 2weeks
metformin 750 mg/d
tadafil 2.5 mg/d
d3 7,500 IU /d
c 500 mg/d
b-complex
Ubiquinol 200 mg x 2/d
k2 1500mcg/day
k1 2000 mcg/day
zinc 20 mg/d
copper 2 mg/d
Lithium 5 mg/d
dhea 25 mg/d
4 herb curcumin/ashwaganda/Boswellia/ginger
selenium 200 mcg eod
wheat germ(spermidine)1.1 g 2/d
pycnogenol 100 mg/d
fucoidan 88 mg/d
serrapeptase 10mg/d
andrographis 600mg/d
galantamine 8mg/d
magnesium 150 mg/d
CaAKG 1.5 gm 2/d
l-carnosine 500mg/d
NAC 2.4 gm 2/d
Glycine 1 gm 2/d
d-riibose 5 gm 2/d
melatonin 120 mg/day
Berberine
Fiseten 25 mg/d
Dasatinab + quescetin 100 mg/1500 mg every two months
Fish oil 3 gms/d
black cumin seed oil 1 tsp/d
polypodium
royal jelly
L-ornithine 500mg/d
phosphatidyl serine
other
sauna 40 min 3/week
red light 5 min/day
ewot 15 min EOD
low carb 50-100 gn carb/d
daily walk 4-6 m/d
mountain bikig 2/week

9 Likes

Blagosklonny’s stack:

1 Like

I dumped my Spermidine supplement (very $$), and started eating Natto and a piece of 10 yr old cheddar daily. I figure I’m getting at least 50-100mg/day of Spermidine, at very low cost, In addition, I am getting the entire spectrum of SUPER nutrients in both these foods, too many to document.

4 Likes

I am very much anti-iron…it’s an oxidant, and impacts many pathways negatively (cardio, neurodegenerative), and more recent research implicates it as anti-longevity.

I am homozygous H63D, so predisposed to mild hemochromatosis. My first Ferritin level was 340.

Classic iron deficiency/anemia criteria:

Iron Deficiency: serum ferritin less than 12 µgr/dl and transferin saturation percentage less than 15.

Iron deficiency anemia: serum ferritin less than 12 µgr/dl, transferin saturation percentage less than 15, and Hb less than 14 mg/dl.

I do phlebotomy every 8 weeks, have my Ferritin in the 15-20 range, and all other markers (CBC, hematocrit, hemoglobin) are above mins. My goal is to skirt just above anemia, and track my iron markers like a hawk regularly. You don’t need anymore iron than required for normal metabolic functions. I feel no ill effects, and I am a high daily exerciser, cardio and resistance, run half marathons. Ferritin is really a poor indicator of cellular iron stores…just a rough guide. You really need to do a full iron panel, including saturation to know where you are at re iron dynamics.

3 Likes

RapAdmin, you wrote in your stack you take Mg of Lithium Orotate daily. how does this help you? What is research? You ever take more daily? Thanks.

Yes - I take 5mg I think. Here is why:

and more new news on Lithium:

1 Like