What is the Rapamycin Dose / Dosage for Anti-Aging or Longevity?

For sure. But some of us, like me, already have a supply of probably good rapa powder encapsulated by Tailormade. Still hoping to find the right lipstick.

4 Likes

A old American saying, from a search;

make superficial changes to something regarded with dislike or disfavor in a fruitless attempt to make it more appealing.

“any attempt to revise the bill would amount to putting lipstick on a pig”

"Who First Put “Lipstick on a Pig”?

1 Like

What are the other items mixed with the rapamycin power?

Not possible to be 99.99% rapamycin.

And in this specific case… going to a lot of trouble of putting raw rapamycin powder into capsules to mimic the action of inexpensive tablets :smile:

I would just use the powder in topical applications / cream / serum for scalp, skin and toothpaste, and buy the India or Turkey sourced rapamycin tablets for oral consumption.

Of course, if you already have the rapamycin capsules from TaylorMade, then its totally understandable about how to best make them more effective / bioavailable…

7 Likes

I know what this means, I was wondering what or who Joseph was responding too.

Ah ok, maybe a powder Vs tablet discussion and need to use enteric. The use of delayed enteric is applicable to both, I see the confusion.

We are trying to bypass the stomach and get rapamcyin into the lower intestine to avoid 1st pass gastro degradation. This applies to Sirolimus tablets as well. Some users are putting their Sirolimus tablets inside these capsules to do just this.

I was just posting on the clinical merits of this particular capsule.

1 Like

FWIW

Oral Rapamycin Nanoparticle Preparations and Use

Sirolimus tablets (even generic, without nanocrystal technology) are widely used in organ transplant and cancer treatment programs… so, while the bioavailability could undoubtedly be better (as achieved by Rapamune) the existing generic tablets must be working acceptably or they would not be the default treatment in these medical applications…

5 Likes

This is the ONLY purpose, nothing else. Some people take GFJ to boost, some might just want that little extra bio boost.

1 Like

Nano particle formulation for better bioavailability…for all manner of route delivery.

Still waiting to be granted, more than 8 years.

What a clever experiment. Thanks.
So much for that.

If tablets aren’t coated somehow won’t they also degrade rapidly?

1 Like

Rapamycin from India is cheap enough to just increase the dose to increase the bioavailability. As I have posted earlier I have been experimenting with high peak dosages.

20 mg with the grapefruit routine produced undesirable side effects for me. 12 mg seems ok so far. I am going to try Dr. Green’s regimen of 12 mg two days in a row every two weeks, except I am going to use the grapefruit accompaniment, and, I am going to double encapsulate the Zydus tablets to see if it makes a difference.

Rapamycin and aging: When, for how long, and how much?
“animals fed the highest dose of rapamycin lived the longest.”
“This observation demonstrates that current studies of the effects of rapamycin on lifespan and healthspan in mice are being performed under conditions that are sub-optimal.”
Rapamycin and aging: When, for how long, and how much? - PMC

2 Likes

Yes they will in the stomach before reaching the lower intestine. This is part of the reason bioavailability is 13-15%. I don’t know how much boost you’d get bypassing stomach. For someone who dosent want to tinker with GFJ, and is looking for some boost yet reproducible dosing, this might work. Of course, can just take more as well.

2 Likes

Are you getting Biocon or Zydus from India? The guy from India from whom I’ve been thinking of ordering is telling me to stick with Zydus because Biocon is in trouble.

2 Likes

You may have mentioned this already - but have you ever done a blood sirolimus level test? Some people have mentioned they can get these free in Canada (I guess its part of the typical treatment protocol for anyone taking siroilmus in Canada and covered by the national healthcare system by default)…

Did you do trough level? Or did you try to get the peak blood sirolimus level too?

Yes I did one test several months ago with Rapamycin.store capsules, and got a reading <2. I did trough first, and post dosing every 30 minutes for 2 hrs. The Cmax tests were surprising, no signal. I never did rationalize what was the root cause.

I am in the midst of exploring yet again, and will be doing a test next month.

1 Like

Are you finding it easy to get a blood sirolimus test in Canada? Or does it depend on your doctor, etc.?

1 Like

Regular doctor, impossible. My functional medicine doctor, who works at the edges of the system, is supporting my longevity journey. I don’t know if all FMD’s would be as compliant. I have built a relationship based on science…I bring him interventions, we discuss, he generally approves.

2 Likes

Wow, this is great info. I saw on previous post regarding Colon cancer and Sehgal using 1mg daily of Rapamycin to hold of his stage 4 colon CA. Just enough to hold of on mTORC1 and not mTORC2?

1 Like

I started with Biocon. They are not in actual trouble, certainly less trouble than Pfizer often gets into. I switched to Zydus because they have a slightly better reputation. If money were an issue I would have no problem sticking with Biocon as the quoted price is almost half of the Zydus brand. I used Biocon Rapacan for several months and I think it is a good product.

3 Likes

My doctor just gets pi**ed when I bring scientific papers to his attention. To be clear, most of the doctor’s I have seen are much the same in this regard. I’m still looking for a good primary physician that takes my insurance plan.

4 Likes