Wall Street Journal Says No More Cheap Overseas Prescriptions Shipped to USA?

Not a big enough amount of the population for it to be statistically significant, especially when no major party will actually rally for the importation of overseas medications nor would the average voter for the major parties be particularly sorrowful for the plight of someone trying to import medication cheap from overseas.

It can easily be framed as black market drug seeking and people are generally too willing to accept such a narrative because it doesn’t affect them and it is entertaining to go through the motions of thinking this is what reality is.

3 Likes

Easy solution. Change your address with the dmv to that of one of your siblings/family/friend and apply for TSA global entry. Once you receive it, switch back to your address. LOL

1 Like

I can neither confirm nor deny if there was a controlled substance in the package. However, if the rules are changing then I would assume everything will be treated as illegal to import and possibly have the same consequences.

2 Likes

It was confiscated through the mail. Yes, when I went to apply for TSA Pre-check and Global entry I was denied because of “customs violations.” I tried three different avenues to get more information and appeal the situation. This included writing a letter to their Ombudsmen, but I never received any responses. It was very frustrating.

2 Likes

I hadn’t thought of that. It might be something to try. It does cost $120 to apply though and if you add that to the cost (and time) of changing my address with the DMV, it’s probably not worth it. Also, I do believe they asked me to list all addresses for the past 10 years or something like that. If my memory is correct, then it would still show up.

2 Likes

Dang we’re doomed then. Oh well we can still choose business class though LOL

For what it’s worth, I was approved for TSA pre-check after a seizure, but I don’t mess around with controlled substance imports so maybe that’s a factor. It’s one thing to get a love letter from the FDA, but it’s quite another to get DEA attention, because they keep records and build cases over time. I haven’t bothered applying for Global Entry.

There are still vendors who are planning to ship after Oct 22, but they charge a premium.

3 Likes

Got tracking info for my 9/25 Maulik order (Vit-R,brillo,seleg) on 10/1.

I got my tracking too. In the past it would take no more than seven days. Nervous about checking for the updates. I want to order more if this works out. Want to order from SK as well.

1 Like

Yeah. My first package from Maulik was shipped September 26 and according to tracking it’s still at the Mumbai airport. Same with second package. Delivery times seem to be longer than normal. Probably eat to order soon or take your chances.

For a control of sorts, I ordered four different drugs from Universal Drug, all with an Rx provided. Two of the drugs were sourced to India, one the UK and one Canada. I have tracking numbers but not much action yet.

3 Likes