Vitamin D - Not a Magic Bullet, but Deficiency is a Poison Arrow

You are not aware of the Coimbra protocol

Post in this thread above;

Review;

Search and you will locate many more.

I know high doses of vitamin D will kill cattle in this way. However it looks like in humans it is much less common, in fact low levels are probably worse. However I found this:

Although Linden (1974) observed that myocardial infarct patients in Norway were more likely than matched controls to have consumed vitamin D in excess (greater than 1,200 IU/day), two later studies (Schmidt-Gayk et al., 1977; Vik et al., 1979) failed to confirm these results. Melamed et al. (2008) examined data from 3,439 persons in the NHANES 2001 to 2004 surveys to determine the relationship between serum 25OHD level and peripheral arterial disease (defined as an ankle-brachial index < 0.9). The researchers noted that there was a lower risk of CVD mortality in men and women at levels of 75 to 122 nmol/L, but a higher risk of CVD mortality in women at levels above 125 nmol/L. Recently, Ginde et al. (2009), in a prospective cohort analysis of NHANES III data (1988 to 1994) on serum 25OHD levels in adults ages 65 years and older (n = 3,408) over a median 7.3-year follow-up, examined CVD mortality. Analysis of fully adjusted data indicated an inverse relationship between CVD mortality and baseline serum 25OHD level of 50.0 to 74.9 nmol/L. Risk began to increase at approximately 75 nmol/L and then it declined after 100 nmol/L.

Found it here:

It looks like maybe I should worry less, though it’s less risky till 75, then from 75 to 110 it is more risky. OK, so I should buy another lamp.

2 Likes

keep in mind the risk of overdose. It does happen:

Healthy people should not be taking more than 4,000 IU (100 mcg) per day, Cohen advised.

“Taking more than that can cause a cascade of problems, as vitamin D acts as a hormone in the body and too much of it can lead to a number of issues,” he warned.

“Overdosages occur with taking much more — usually 60,000 international units a day or more.”

Source: Man dies after consuming too much vitamin D as experts warn of risks: 'Cascade of problems' | Fox News

2 Likes

In this paper, we review observational and mechanistic evidence for the acquired vitamin D resistance hypothesis.

So even the hypothesis was validated regarding on Vit D resistance and utility in autoimmune disease…it still does NOT apply to general population…

2 Likes

Have you read reviewed any of Dr. Coimbra papers?

You probably have not.

“Cicero Coimbra MD, PhD is a neurologist and professor at the Federal University of São Paulo, Brazil. Over the past two decades, he has created a clinical protocol to treat autoimmune diseases with the reestablishment of adequate systemic levels of vitamin D. This therapeutic approach relies on doses of vitamin D that range from 40,000 IU to 300,000 IU per day; therefore, this is a medical treatment that must always be carried out under the supervision of a qualified doctor.”

Fact more people die taking aspirin per year, than any amount of deaths due overdose of Vitiman D

And this was in 2017

2 Likes
2 Likes