Vaccines for longevity

It looks like vaccines should be useful for longevity because they prevent serious illnesses caused by viruses, but also because many other conditions often associated with age seem to be triggered by viral infections

For instance, see:
i) Longitudinal analysis reveals high prevalence of Epstein-Barr virus associated with multiple sclerosis

ii) Possible Connection Between Herpes Group of Viruses and Various Conditions that Arise with Age

iii) Lower Risk for Dementia Following Adult Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Pertussis (Tdap) Vaccination

The question I had is what are the vaccines that are currently available for adults to take? Do you know where I can find this information?

Here’s CDC’s recommended adult immunization schedule. Adult Immunization Schedule by Vaccine and Age Group | CDC But I’m sure this should be missing many other available vaccines just because some viral infections are currently deemed as low risk or low incidence

3 Likes

Type 1 diabetes can also be triggered by viruses, although which ones is still open for debate. Enterovirus vaccines could go a long way in alleviating the increasing incidence of the disease. Those with the disease have 10-15 year decreased life spans, on average.

1 Like