Tracking your Rapamycin Results - From the PEARL Study

I found this list of things they are tracking in the PEARL rapamycin study to be interesting. Perhaps of value to people planning to start rapamycin, some pre and post analysis would be helpful, as well as tracking data on an ongoing basis if you want to get detailed results information:

Tests to be done in the AgelessRX PEARL clinical study on Rapamycin in people:

To monitor any reduction of symptoms of aging-related decline in this elderly population, we will assess bone, muscle, and immune aging, determine the accumulation of visceral fat and whether rapamycin alters biomarkers of aging (using established, validated composite biomarker scores, such as the Levine Biomarker Aging Clock), and the experimental, but highly accurate PhenoAge DNA methylation clock.

Safety profiles will include registration of side effects, and we will monitor the patient’s blood (CBC, electrolytes, liver function, renal function, lipids)

The following tests will be conducted for efficacy testing:

1. Blood tests - Standard measures of risk of age-associated diseases (glucoregulatory markers, lipids), and markers of inflammation.

2. Body composition testing (bone density, visceral fat content) with DXA scans measure bone density as well as visceral fat content.

3. Autonomic health Tests - including baseline (am) heart rate and baseline (am) heart rate variability testing.

4. Fecal Microbiome testing

5. Immune Health Tests - including CD4/CD8 ratio, CMV IgG, TNFɑ, hsCRP, and IL-6 testing.

6. Skeletal muscle tests - including lean body mass on DXA scan.

https://www.bodyspec.com/what-is-dxa

https://www.dexafit.com

1. Methylation age clock testing (i.e., Horvath clock).

More details on the study on Lifespan.io

Participants have said that there are 5 separate blood draws, 3 dexascans, 2 Thorne microbiome tests, 2 GlycanAge biological age tests (blood), and 2 TruDiagnostic age tests (saliva). All for $360 (participant fee).

7 Likes

RapAdmin,

A suggestion.

Negotiate the same testing deal{$360.00] for members of this forum.

1 Like

Nice idea - but I think the reason the price is $360 (and not much higher) is because much of the study cost, and testing cost, was crowd-funded by people interested in the results of the study.

I don’t think people are so interested in our own personal results ;-).

I can try contacting Dr. SAJAD ZALZALA who created this study to find out the actual cost of the tests as they are prescribed.

2 Likes

I am participating in the trial. Regarding the blood work, specifically they are tracking CBC, comprehensive metabolic panel (CMP), lipids, insulin, A1c, Vit D, DHEA, uric acid, CRP.

2 Likes

The Life Extension web site LEF.ORG has blood tests you can order.
Their male comprehensive test which covers all these areas is
on sale right now for around $260.00.

2 Likes