"Three-drug combination therapy for anti-aging"

It tells me, once agin, that cancer is bacterial in nature.

4 Likes

scta123, you are providing outstanding material support.

Thank you

Joseph

3 Likes

Most people that find a mechanistic study ignore it because it’s low quality evidence.
Others rush to the pharmacy to buy it and start taking it.

1 Like

of ascorbyl palmitate?

In the future time will decide who is correct.

One will live longer one will expire sooner.

That will not change.

1 Like

+1

That’s true.
Also someone who trusts mechanistic studies should have dozens of things to take on their list as they’re spammed on pubmed.

No, 50g of Ascorbic Acid Injection, USP - ASCOR® brand for intravenous use, is the only FDA approved injectable ascorbic acid (Vitamin C) in lactated ringer solution (500ml) will be adding other compound’s .

I’m always surprised when Dr Kaeberlein says something like…it looks very promising but I’m not taking any yet. I suppose my brain doesn’t want to remember that the single most credible person (in my opinion) in this space is very unaggressive in jumping into longevity chemicals. Even things as simple as taurine.

5 Likes

But this is really easy to test, there is some good evidence in vitro and vivo.Theoretically it makes sense too as it did with rapamycin years ago before the studies done on longevity. It must be also understood that there is small research interest given that these are old antibiotics that don’t bring any money especially in cancer research where new drugs cost hundreds of thousands. All three components are really harmless and the only drug that is used in therapeutic dose is doxycycline, which has a proven safety record for prolonged use. I myself was taking doxy many times for months with no side effect that I could remember other than feeling better. If Joseph is willing to test this we could all just profit form this and I don’t see a point being too critical. All progress is made with some courage.

4 Likes

All Great points----not just Joseph but I will 100% try it also, but I’ll do it exactly as in the study and I’ll stop all my other supplements while doing this for 5 weeks. Only think I’ll do is I’ll consume yogurt daily, which I do now for most part. Want to make sure that any effects (good or bad are 100% attributed to it). The problem is I’ll have to start when my supplies arrive from India 4-5 weeks later.

3 Likes

Move along, nothing to see here.

1 Like

If you show that your biomarkers get better after taking it then I believe you that it works for you.

If it works for him, It will work for you also. Comon don’t be stubborn :smile:

1 Like

thanks @anon16510610 .

@LaraPo please note this!

1 Like

People differ in response to food, medicines, etc. With a large sample size you can figure out what the possible median response will be, not n=1.

How is anyone taking these going to determine if they work?

2 Likes

You could do the same testing published in the paper.

From paper;

“We devised a system to test whether it was required for all three components of the DAV triple combination to be administered at the same time, by using a pre-treatment strategy, prior to initiating the 3D mammosphere stem cell assay.”

The analyzer/instrumental used is a SeaHorse.

No, I am not spending the money on testing.

I have read the study and see no compelling reason to add any additional vitamin C supplementation. Most people are getting more than the minimum they need “vitamin C deficiency is relatively rare in developed countries”
It looks to me that the two anti-biotics are the key.

2 Likes

We often remark that metformin is a dirty drug while forgetting at most drugs, including antibiotics, have off target effects. There was some speculation during the covid panic about possible anti-viral properties of azithromycin. Very few drugs do just one thing–perhaps pcsk9 inhibitors? Farmers have long used antibiotics to put weight on livestock. I am not going to rush out and try this combo, but I will keep an open mind and stay tuned.

3 Likes