The 'Cure' for Aging is Getting Closer (A Rapamycin popular press article)

Nothing at all new here for most members of this forum (and the information is not always spot-on, like the pricing information Scott Cody conveys - its worst case pricing I think, at $15/mg).

I just found it interesting that this type of article is starting to get published in mainstream news outlets. I’ve also heard from others in the longevity community that the New York Times has a reporter working on a story on rapamycin / longevity… and is talking with people, and I hope we see that story soon, and that it covers it in a manner similar to their recent minoxidil story.

So, I hope this trend continues and word gets out to a broader range of people. I think the medical news story of rapamycin is similar to the oral minoxidil reversing hair loss story - another effective, off-patent, off-label prescribed medication that is very effective, yet cheap and under-utilized.

3 Likes

The $3,000 for 100 pills is definitely a bit high. Lol.

But a great mainstream article for layperson…

1 Like

This is the just under Retail price for “Rapamune” - as of 08/22/2022 $3.257.00 for 100 in the US at Walmart

2 Likes

DAMN! It is no wonder everyone is trying to figure out how to use GFJ to get more bang from each pill.

1 Like

Same “Rapamune” in Turkey at a pharmacy $150.00 USD

Price gauging the consumers in the US!

3 Likes

That’s cheaper than the Indian brand!

Yes - but harder to get from Turkey, you have to go there: Rapamune OTC in Turkey

1 Like

RapAdmin,
Could you please post the save PDF, etc for those of us outside the US. We cannot access the website for some reason.
Thanks

Here it is:

The ‘cure’ for aging is getting closer | Opinion | southernminn.com.pdf (149.9 KB)

3 Likes

Nice shout out to Dr. Ross’s book at the end of the article!