Suggestions for ITP drugs to test

I would like to see L-Carnosine tested by ITP. Well known anti aging supplement, Mtor inhibitor and it seems like it works much like Rapamycin in anti tumor effects.
If it can be proven to me as effective as Rapamycin or slightly less, it would be a great alternative as it is a supplement and widely available. Rapamycin can be hard to get depending on where you live.
This is a paper from 2014 which I find very interesting.

4 Likes

Selegeline
White Willow Bark (cleaner, safer version of aspirin that could end up being the top anti aging supplement The Most Potent Life Extension Substance Ever - Rogue Health and Fitness | P.D. Mangan )
DHEA
Pregnenolone

Miller himself is author of a paper investigating DHEA. Similar setup to the current ITP.

2 Likes

Thank you. Back to citrulline dosing for me.

From your citation above.

L-citrulline is a natural amino acid that is simply available in watermelon juice and rind (Rimando & Perkins-Veazie, 2005). The benefits of L-citrulline in diabetes are through supporting the cardiovascular system by enhancing NO and by inhibiting excessive arginase activation, further augmenting production of NO through providing more L-arginine for the NOS pathway. Others have reported that L-citrulline possesses an inhibitory effect on arginase and have beneficial effects on enhancing organ perfusion and arginine availability under conditions with enhanced arginase activity (Romero et al., 2006).

Like always, it is a question of finding the correct dose. 2000 mg did a good job on diabetic patients. I stay below that

1 Like

Oh, by the way - these IGF-1 Blocking drugs should be tested by the ITP program (apologies if its already been mentioned - though its injection, so they probably won’t do it):

3 Likes

FOXO4-DRI is an obvious one for me. It’s a selective senolytic which has had some biohacker interest for some time now: Experiences with FOXO4-DRI | FOXO4-DRI
It’s strange how I could find no mention of it on this site.

I had ChatGPT help me out with this write-up on 2-DG but the facts are solid:

Recently, while exploring the topic of potential life-extension substances, the AI ChatGPT mentioned 2-DG (2-Deoxy-D-glucose). This piqued my interest and led me to dig a little deeper into this compound. However, I discovered that despite its potential, it possesses cardiotoxic properties which make it a less viable option for life extension.

It’s been approved as an emergency adjunct therapy for COVID-19 in India, despite its known cardiotoxicity. This highlights its unique properties and potential therapeutic applications.

Functionally, 2-DG is a glycolysis inhibitor. For reasons not entirely understood, it appears to inhibit cell growth, acting as a caloric restriction mimetic. This intriguing property slows the heart rate and increases resistance to stress and toxins. Consequently, it has gained attention for potential applications in treating tumors.

The topic of anti-aging is a rapidly evolving field. To put things into perspective, a 2006 article in Scientific American referred to 2-DG as the most promising anti-aging drug. This was at a time when resveratrol and growth hormones were the talk of the town.

While 2-DG is indeed intriguing, its cardiotoxicity presents a significant hurdle for its use in life-extension studies. Interestingly, although it didn’t extend the maximum lifespan of mice in experiments, it reduced mortality in the first half of their lifespan without shortening their overall lifespan.

In conclusion, while 2-DG may not be the key to life extension we might hope for due to its cardiotoxicity, its unique properties and potential therapeutic uses continue to make it a topic of interest in scientific circles.

1 Like

Looked into this– sadly not in oral form.

I don’t think Bryan Johnson agrees with these drugs lol

https://twitter.com/bryan_johnson/status/1662146481846120448?s=20

1 Like

My understanding is just that he wants it to go up temporarily to regenerate his thymus.

The thymus regeneration approach that Greg Fahey is doing (that Bryan is following i think) is only using growth hormone in a pulsed, short term approach i believe, so its not a lifespan issue.

2 Likes

I think he has them using it for I want to say two years? In the latest TRIIM X trial I believe. I don’t recall him saying he thinks people should come off.

The brand linked from the blueprint is low molecular weight.

I have been taking high molecular weight from donotage. Very difficult to say if it’s had any effect on my joints. I think rapa had more of an immediate effect in that regards.

1 Like

Another candidate - HMB, a bodybuilding supplement, has been found to protect against cognitive decline in mice.

2 Likes

I’ve just started taking taurine. I take it in small doses throughout the day. By mixing it into my family jar of Kool aid. That way it’s a small consistent dosage. Maybe it will accumulate in the system better. It also ensures that hubby gets it. He has issues with pills and is kinda picky. I also have magnesium, vitamin c and niacinamide in it as well. I’m taking Rapa for fertility help. During the first few days of my monthly cycle.

3 Likes

me as well. of all the (great) suggestions here i am probably going to write one up about this one since it’s such a low hanging fruit

2 Likes

The current list of drugs & supplements the ITP is testing:

Compound Cohort Concentration in Food Age at Treatment Initiation Increase in Median (Med) and Maximum (Max) Lifespan
Hydrogen Sulfide prodrug SG1002 2019 240 ppm 6 mo In Progress
16 alpha-hydroxyestradiol 2020 5 ppm 12 mo In Progress
2,4-Dinitrophenol (DNP) 2020 3 ppm 6 mo In Progress
Hydralazine 2020 30 ppm 6 mo In Progress
Hydralazine 2020 30 ppm 16 mo In Progress
Nebivolol 2020 60 ppm 6 mo In Progress
Sodium Thiosulfate (STS) 2020 10,000 ppm 6 mo In Progress
Canagliflozin (Cana) - Stage II 2020 180 ppm 16 mo In Progress
alpha-ketoglutarate (AKG) 2020 20,000 ppm 18 mo In Progress
2BAct (2BA) 2021 30 ppm 7 mo In Progress
Dichloroacetate (DCA) 2021 30 ppm 7 mo In Progress
Epicatechin (Epi) 2021 60 ppm 7 mo In Progress
Forskolin (For) 2021 5 ppm 7 mo In Progress
Halofuginone (Hal) 2021 0.6 ppm 7 mo In Progress
MSDC-160 (M160) 2021 300 ppm 7 mo In Progress
alpha-ketoglutarate (AKG) 2022 20,000 ppm 7 mo In Progress
Atorvastatin + Telmisartan (AtorTel) 2022 Ator: 120 ppm; Tel:30 ppm 7 mo In Progress
Metformin + Nicotinamide Riboside (Met + NR) 2022 Met: 1000 ppm; NR: 2400 ppm 20 mo In Progress
Methotrexate 2022 0.2 ppm 14 mo In Progress
Mifepristone (Mife) 2022 30 ppm 7 mo In Progress
Pioglitazone (Pio) 2022 100 ppm 7 mo In Progress
Captopril (Capt) 2022 TBD TBD In Progress
Meclizine (Mec) 2022 2400 ppm 16 mo In Progress
Meclizine (Mec) - Males only 2022 800 ppm 16 mo In Progress
Astaxanthin (Asta) 2022 800 ppm 11 mo In Progress
Astaxanthin (Asta) - Males only 2022 800 ppm 16 mo In Progress
1 Like

When will this batch be reported?

Curious about Pioglitazone.

Haven’t they done Astaxanthin?

I forget the exact timeline - and of course it partly depends on how long the mice live… but I think its 3 to 4 years typically (from start date). But results trickle out after the mid-way point, at academic conferences and in press interviews before the papers are finally published.

Yes - they have done / are doing Astazanthin at 4000 ppm (12% median lifespan improvement for males, not sure on females off the top of my head), but I don’t believe the paper is out yet.

They are doing more Astazanthin tests to see if a lower dosing (more likely to be achievable by humans, given cost and dosing standards of astazanthin in humans), at 800ppm.

https://www.nia.nih.gov/research/dab/interventions-testing-program-itp/supported-interventions

3 Likes

One thing I find interesting is that the AKG dose (which they typically arrive at by discussing with the leading researchers on that compound (ie. likely Brian Kennedy for AKG), is 20,000ppm, which is something around 15 grams a day in human terms. A very high dose. Also - I wonder what version of AKG they are using - is it Ca-AKG or something else?

4 Likes