Spermidine delays aging in humans

I don’t know if you lose the spermidine when you cook them but I could live through any pandemic with a 50 pound bag of split peas. They are delicious.

1 Like

FWIW

Your are better off making your own kefir, or any other probiotic.

The commercial made kefir is very low in active culture’s.

1 Like

Nope, spermidine is not typically affected by reasonably high temperatures. I add high spermidine wheat germ to my coffee every day. I pre-checked this with the spermidine researchers and they saw no issues with this.

3 Likes
5 Likes

What is the importance to make yogurt from the capsules versus just taking the capsules directly?

I’m curious to understand why make yogurt vs just taking the capsule directly?

Purpose is to increase the bacteria.

"L. reuteri doubles every 3 hours at 100 degrees F."

2 Likes

Excellent article Juan, thanks. So a half cup serving of yogurt, according to the article has 204 billion bacteria. The capsules we ordered have 2 billion each, and there are 60 of them in the bottle. So a half cup of yogurt has way more than the whole bottle of pills. I make a quart of yogurt with a pill, so do the math. We’re saving money and getting a huge dose daily.

I usually eat 300- grams a day, this could be why my testosterone went from 411 to 690 in one year when I started making L Reuteri.

I’ll just mention a couple other things about yogurt. I’m wondering if we’re getting a bunch of RNA and DNA with the yogurt, or if they don’t get digested. Cause the little buggers are turning lactose and a bunch of other sugars in the milk into RNA and DNA, right?

Also I think Conjugated Linoleic Acid is a bigger deal than people know.

And LA 5 is good at making them. You want .1% linoleic acid, so flax oil is about half linoleic acid, 800 grams of yogurt per quart jar, so you need 1.6 grams of flax oil per quart jar. I’m not sure if the 3 tbls of inulin provide the fructoligosaccarides it needs or not. Yacon syrup is a great source but I don’t have any right now.

You want certain isomers of CLA to get the right effects, I’ve been buying them in pills and they do not have the right isomers.

2 Likes

Thank you for taking the time to reply.

Excellent information. Thank you.

To make the yogurt, you add the contents of capsule into a quart of half and Hal h and put into a 98 degree Sous vide bath for 3 days?

This is great information. Thank you

36 hours, not 3 days

I doubt there would be any appreciable RNA/DNA. The link I posted in the other thread says purines are an indicator of RNA/DNA. There is only trace amounts of purines in all milk products.

With regard to RNA supplementation, Life Extension has a 500 mg per capsule product, available at Amazon. I started my first dose today. (Thanks to Vlasko for the renewed interest.) I bought the Benjamin Frank book years ago, but stopped dosing RNA because of uric acid concerns. By poking around the internet, I see that yeast has low hypoxanthine content, and therefore, unlikely to raise uric acid.

1 Like

36 hours is a day and a half. In three days it will be so acid it will separate into cheese and whey I’m guessing. If you go more than 36 let me know what happens.

Cheese and whey? Hmmm. Why not? Let me try that. But I do not know if that will affect the L. reuteri.

:grinning:. 36 hours. 10-4. Thank you.

New paper:

Mechanisms of spermidine-induced autophagy and geroprotection

https://www.nature.com/articles/s43587-022-00322-9

4 Likes

Long hard read and not much certainty there at all.

I noticed it said spermadine given to mice did end up in their blood and brains. I can’t remember who was saying that we didn’t know this or that it wasn’t true.

In some experiments they used bb12 and arginine as a way to deliver spermadine and it worked. I wondered whether the arginine should be in with the yogurt or just swallowed at some point in the day. I take it but not with the yogurt. I think I’m doing it wrong.

In some of the experiments where they got no significant results they were giving people wheat germ as a source of the spermadine. Yikes.

In the ITP studies, Richard Miller said they couldn’t detect any in the blood during 6 months of testing.

2 Likes

FWIW

Review posting on this thread from May 20, 2022.

It appears someone found a black cat in the dark room.

bb12?

The probiotic strain bifidobacterium?