Spermidine delays aging in humans

I tried to order this morning, but the website kept saying try another payment method. I tried four times. I feared it was a hack or scamming page, so I called Visa. But they said there were no attempts of payment. So either the webpage is broken, or it was down this morning.

I just paid USPS this minute, and it went through. So it must be the merchant webpage.

Good to hear we had the same trouble. I emailed them and have not heard back.

I was about to try the Japan route.

thanks,

I assume you are planning to use as a starter culture for yogurt?

Any experience with the process and recommendations for a yogurt maker?

I use a plastic cooler with a Sous Vide heater in it. I do 8 quarts at a time. I was going to do some reading on the correct temperature and time for LKM512 or BB12. Usually add Inulin for a food supply, or potato starch. I use half and half because it does not contain emulsifiers like heavy cream does.

If I get some Iā€™ll let you know what works.

Iā€™ve been doing L Reuteri yogurt after reading Super Gut by William Davis and didnā€™t think much of it. You know it tastes really good with blueberries. My testosterone has worked itā€™s way down to finally last year it was 411. This year it was 690 and the only thing I can pin it on is the yogurt. This stuff actually works! Donā€™t know if that much T is good or bad, but it works.

1 Like

Been using the InstantPot for the reuteri yogurt. It has a yogurt function. You just plug it, and it does the job.

2 Likes

I canā€™t wait for the Danes to reply. Probably too busy watching the World Cup. Here is one available on amazon.

1 Like

Thanks for the info. I think I will try the vivaNutrition powder as I am not a big fan of yogurt.
They seem legit and the source of BB-12 is from the originator.

ā€œBB-12 cooperative partnerā€“Chr.Hansen
Chr. Hansen Inc. is a global supplier of bioscience based ingredients to the food, health and animal feed industries, with leading positions in the markets in which they operate. They produce cultures and dairy enzymes, probiotics and natural colors.ā€

As I stated above, their website checkout page seems to be broken. The new link I posted is for capsules, available on Amazon.

2 Likes

Phone out of service, order page not working, no activity evident on their Facebook page since last year, no response (yet) to email or through Facebook messenger.

There are a bunch of probiotic products with soundalike bacteria. Unless the specific strain is the trademarked BB 12, Iā€™m not interested.

Amazon link is for BB-12.

1 Like

Well, really itā€™s a blend, but it looks like a good one. When you are growing a blend it doesnā€™t last as long because over time the proportions get screwed up.

I ordered it, just wanted to make that clear.

Thanks again Juan

IIRC Rapamycin almost didnā€™t make it into ITP because they couldnā€™t get it into the tissue. Thatā€™s why the initial study was on aged mice.

2 Likes

Just because something doesnā€™t make it through the ITP, it doesnā€™t mean it is useless. However, having positive ITP results is incredibly useful.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve looked up some foods that contain ā€œhighā€ levels of spermidine and found that split peas are listed as having 65 mg per a kg. This indicates that a large serving could provide 5 or more mg. Does anyone know if cooking will cause a person to not get the spermidine from split peas or if any other factor would lesson the amount absorbed by a person from cooked split peas?

Cooking does not reduce it in mushrooms, and not much in meat if at all.

I havenā€™t seen anything about vegetables, but doubt it would be different.

1 Like

I got my TruBiotics capsules and made a batch of yogurt. It grows like crazy and is pretty bulletproof. Taste is amazing.

I used 98.6 F for 36 hours. The temperature range for this one is wide, so I just picked body temp. One capsule easily innoculates a quart. Equal to two, I couldnā€™t tell the difference.

3 Likes

Do you have any estimate of the amount of spermidine that your gut produces per day based on a given consumption of the LKM512 yogurt?

The study, Consumption of Bifidobacterium lactis LKM512 yogurt reduces gut mutagenicity by increasing gut polyamine contents in healthy adult subjects - PubMed, tested 100 grams of the yogurt per day in healthy adults for 2 weeks for a healthy outcome.

So one could simply try to emulate the study dosage, but since Iā€™ve been aiming for 15mg spermidine intake per day based on earlier studies, I would like to know if that is comparable to the amount from the yogurt?

3 Likes

I have been drinking a juice glass of liquid Lifeway KEFER at bedtime and in the morning. As food to benefit fermentation. I figured it helps my existing gut bacteria.

Any thoughts on that??

Donā€™t know if you have the link for sci hub:

https://sci-hub.se/https://doi.org/10.1016/j.mrfmmm.2004.07.016

There you can read the whole paper. There is a graph of the amount in a normal healthy person (40) and a person taking the 100 grams/day (1/2 cup) of yogurt. The yogurt takes you up to 60. The bizarre thing to me is that the placebo yogurt took you up to 50. I presume they used one that did not make spermadine, but who knows.

I looked briefly and could not find the answer you were looking for. Iā€™d like to know too.

3 Likes

ā€œLKM512 yogurt was fermented with B. lactis LKM512, Lactobacillus delbrueckii ssp. bulgaricus LKM1759, and Streptococcus thermophilus LKM1742.ā€

ā€œThe placebo was yogurt fermented by L. delbrueckii ssp. bulgaricus LKM1759
and S. thermophilus LKM1742.ā€

It indicates that other LKM strains also raise spermidine. The other common strain is Lactobacillus delbrueckii ssp. bulgaricus, which might also help in spermidine production.

4 Likes