Sirolimus Powder - 3rd party analysis

That would be a good additional experiment, agreed. Happy to send you a sample if so inclined.

Have you noticed an improvement on your hands?

Does rapamycin powder not get absorbed into the body in ingested orally?

Broadly speaking, rapamycin has poor bioavailability when taken orally and only a small percentage of the drug is absorbed in the best of situations. Powder seems to be the least bioavailable, and all the drug companies that manufacture the tablets seem to have incorporated some sort of coating or nanocrystal technology to increase the bioavailability.

There seem to be problems with the other approach of taking rapamycin which is via rapamycin powder in capsules (typically provided by compounding pharmacies) which seems to also have problems, from a limited number of reports.

I recommend you read up at the following links:

See: Bioavailability of Rapamycin From Compounding Pharmacy

See: Rapamycin enteric coating vs powder bioavailability

see: Rapamycin and NanoCrystal Formulations

1 Like

Since you have taken both tabs and powder did you notice one to out perform the other? Did you just increase your dose since the powder doesnt have the benefit of an enteric coating like tablets have?

I have not taken powder or capsules - only Tablets (Zydus and Biocon). And I’ve not done any blood sirolimus tests, so I don’t know how the doses of these two different tablets translate into blood levels.

See: How to get a Rapamycin (sirolimus) Blood Level Test

1 Like

Pretty sure this got sent to you instead of the thread starter Mac. I will make she this question gets to him. Thanks

Just reply to one of his posts above, or add the @MAC statement in the body of your question so that he gets an alert.

@MAC are you still buying from china? How are results?

I’ve purchased from his same supplier (some powder) - its about $60/gram. The product seems fine… I use it for toothpaste and skin cream. Mac used it for injection (and he’s still alive and kicking). I wouldn’t use it to consume orally just because I’m concerned about possible contaminants, but everyone has their own risk/reward profile.

1 Like

Hi there

This is great advice thank you.

How do you apply it as a skin cream please?

Also have you purchasedfrom india for oral use?

Or do you recommend local pharmacy only? Im in Australia

Thanks

Here is how you make the rapamycin skin cream: DIY Rapamycin skin cream

You mix it in with a good skin cream (e.g. Cerave, Cetaphil, Aquaphor, etc.) then spread it on your face, or part of your body you want to help your skin.

Yes - I’ve purchased from India for oral use. See our list of online pharmacies here: Buy Rapamycin Online - List of Reliable Pharmacies

But - I’ve also heard its a little harder to get delivered in Australia. Search our forums on “Australia” and you can read other people’s experiences: Search results for 'australia rapamycin' - Rapamycin Longevity News

There is at least one doctor in Australia prescribing rapamycin: Rapamycin Prescription, Doctors that Prescribe It

Interesting thread. Thank you for doing an analysis on the powder. Super helpful! I’d like to confirm a couple of things:

1. Which lab in Canada who did the analysis? I’m sure some of us would like to send our tablets there to confirm them.

2. Do we need to keep our Zydus or similar pills in the refrigerator or freezer?

I thought if you use it for injection the contaminants are more harmful than ingested orally (meaning bioavailability of anything taken orally will decrease in varying degrees)?

I would expect what you say to be true… obviously I’m more concerned about contaminants that Mac was. But to be honest my real concern is the contaminants over a longer period of time (think many years). The main issue are nitrosamines - these are cancer causing contaminants that can be found with some regularity in the drugs we buy unless screened for. They specifically look for these types of nitrosamines:

Nitrosamines
NDMA: not detected
NDEA: not detected
DMF: not detected
NEIPA: not detected
NDIPA: not detected

You can see this in the Valisure drug analysis testing process as demonstrated in these test reports: Rapamycin / Sirolimus from India, Lab Test Report on Quality / Purity

I suspect a few doses of these are not going to kill you any time soon, but they build up if used over a longer period of time.

1 Like

When I search this site http://www.hhdpharm.cn/en-us/ for either sirolimus or rapamycin I don’t get any hits? Do they no longer sell rapamycin powder or am I missing something?

Just email Sophia and she’ll work it out for you. For whatever reason they don’t have it on their site.

1 Like

@RapAdmin So based on what you’ve seen, their powdered form retains about 70% rapam if its kept in the freezer after shipping?

Sigma Aldridge (the lab supply / chemical supply company) says store rapamycin powder at -20 C (-4 degrees Farenheit) for best storage results. Rapamycin = 95 HPLC, powder 53123-88-9

I’ve kept the powder in my freezer with no issues. I don’t know if it retains 70% effectiveness, its really hard to tell if it degrades at all at this temperature over time. Perhaps some chemists here can comment, but I think it retains almost all its effectiveness.

1 Like

Thanks. This seems like a no-brainer for topical and/or toothpaste.

1 Like