Sirolimus on Costplusdrugs

Costplusdrugs.

That’s Mark Cuban’s co so it is probably the real deal. He is starting a Costco version of pharmacy, good on him.

“Every product we sell is priced exactly the same way: our cost plus 15%, plus the pharmacy fee, if any. When you get your medicine from Cost Plus Drug Co., you’ll always know exactly how we arrived at the price you pay. And as we grow and our costs go down, we will always pass those savings on to you!”

1 Like

I’d love to use costplusdrugs, but my doctor refuses to work with them, so that’s pretty frustrating. The catch for me is costplusdrugs requires your physician to sign up with them and transmit the prescription directly to them. So my paper scripts are useless in this context. Same with Amazon Pharmacy. I guess I’ll just be thankful I have any prescription at all.

2 Likes

Cost plus, as far as I can tell, only takes electronic scripts from an EMR. Amazon will accept faxed prescriptions.

1 Like

Cool! I did not notice that option when I signed up with them. I’ll check it out, thank you.

I bought my first Sirolimus from CostPlusDrugs. The pills look different than the Sirolimus I had been obtaining from India. The CostPlus pills are tiny & round, white without any visible coating. Since they look “cheaper,” I’m wondering what corners have been cut in order to get the price down. Is it real? Does anybody else have this concern?

If its being sold in the US by CostPlusDrugs it has to have FDA approval so I think its likely fine. If you are at all concerned, you can easily do a blood sirolimus test an hour or two after taking the tablets to see your sirolimus levels: How to get a Rapamycin (sirolimus) Blood Level Test

3 Likes

New to rapa community here. Just started taking sirolimus, ordered through CostPlusDrugs (shipped from HealthDyne pharmacy in FL). Titrating weekly up to target of 6 mg weekly. Will post in this thread my blood level ~90 minutes after taking while fasted in morning. Will also post 6 day (trough?) level. Please post your blood Sirolimus results from CostPlus if you are doing the same.

3 Likes

The manufacturer for CostPlusDrugs sirolimus is Ascend Laboratories, and their website lists the inactive ingredients as “EDETATE DISODIUM, POLOXAMER 188, HYPROMELLOSE 2910 (5 MPA.S), SUCROSE , ALPHA.-TOCOPHEROL, DL, MICROCRYSTALLINE CELLULOSE, CROSCARMELLOSE SODIUM, LACTOSE MONOHYDRATE, GLYCERYL DIBEHENATE, POLYETHYLENE GLYCOL, UNSPECIFIED, POLYVINYL ALCOHOL, UNSPECIFIED, TITANIUM DIOXIDE, GLYCERYL MONOCAPRYLOCAPRATE, SODIUM LAURYL SULFATE, TALC.”

Any biochemist in this community know if these ingredients point to enteric coating or another mechanism of bypassing the stomach?

3 Likes

If it’s a tablet it must be enteric coated, else it’s pretty much a fake product as it doesn’t increase sirolimus levels. It is unlikely they will have such a product for organ transplants etc.

3 Likes

How do you test your blood for rapamycin that fast?

I’ve ordered 2 lab requisitions for Labcorp through Life Extension. Will schedule blood draws to time them for peak and then trough blood levels.

2 Likes

So here it is. Did blood sirolimus test exactly 90 minutes after taking 6mg from CostPlusDrugs (Ascend Laboratories) while fasted in morning (no EVOO or GFJ).

3 Likes

Seems like it’s a good source of Rapamycin.

2 Likes

And here is the trough level (7 days after taking 6mg). Is the consensus in this community that 0.6 result is low enough that taking this dosage on a weekly frequency should avoid inhibiting mTOR2?

3 Likes

@McAlister had several very informative posts about studies that showed that a dosage of 20 mg (20 ng/ml) or below would evade MTOR2 inhibition. The danger zone lies above 20 mg where if you take 40 mg you have about a 50% chance of being someone who gets MTOR2 inhibition. No one knows the chances between 21-40 and above 40. We just have 2 data points. 20 mg and below, no MTOR2 inhibition. 40 mg, 50% chance of MTOR2 inhibition.

If you want to go above 20 mg equivalent, you’re taking your chances. As Clint Eastwood would say, “Do you feel lucky, punk?”

4 Likes

It is now available. 3/12/24

1 Like

The price is good too. Now we just need a doctor to prescribe and we are in business.

In Phoenix, Dr. Toni Harrison 480-418-3678

1 Like

Any ideas for virginia?

See this post: Rapamycin Prescription, Doctors that Prescribe It

1 Like