Side Effects of Rapamycin (part 2)

You guys all realize this dude is probably going to die from injecting random black market Chinese pharmaceuticals and will stop posting soon, right?

Edit: it’s been two days since he posted, he probably died.

6 Likes

Kind of a hot mess.
Nothing to add to this discussion in IMHO

4 Likes

On a positive note, the one who is to die from poisoning will never drown.

3 Likes

I don’t know what i post has been posted or not so will try to answer multiple questions most all in one post probably repeated because also i notice my remark replies don’t get posted right under the issue posted by others but way down.

As to “i’m curious as to name of my supplier” it is Mesochem which mainly sells large quantities of API’s to other companies but they may make some exceptions and sell to individuals such as large quantities of NMN. It may well be that some of those approved companies u supposedly list that the goods originated from Mesochem though also if they don’t happen to have something they may get it from one of their associates so maybe in that case they could be called middlemen but only in some cases. As to " I haven’t seen a single post from you yet where you actually state any “numbers " i’ve done exactly that in 2 or more prior posts.

Unfortunately this interface does not seem to print all that i post and/or erases replies if leave them in the reply box without post for more than maybe 20 hours or gives message in email ‘Delivery incomplete…’ and don’t know exactly which messages they were referring so anyway again: How did i arrive at 20 to 30mg injection.

For one from the published mouse/rat studies articles periontally(maybe spelling error) injections which showed the most impressive results at 10 to 15mg per kilogram. Using the published 12.3 factor for mice and rats compared to human then that translates to around 1 mg per kg for human and i am like around 70kg so i should be using 70mg and what’s more than that the mice/rats were getting that every day not just every 5th day. As to the ketamine reference that has nothing to do with these comments on rapa and is an entirely different matter which has to do with enjoying ones self .

As to the statement ". Now you say you haven’t bought anything random from China. So which is it??? " The word random referred only to the fact that i did not deal with a random company - not ’ haven’t bought anything random from China ’ If that is exactly how it came out then it was a misprint though more likely your interpretation was off. And i don’t inject ‘random drugs’ .

To the next post from someone yea using tap water in PI was a mistake though all these years, like 9 or 10 total in pi, until right after that injection at a different place i never recall having any extreme or even very noticable diahrrea so i just thought it was as safe as injecting tap water in usa of which articles proclaim is ok and common sense that it is harmless in usa. Though i forgot to consider in pi it may still have had e-coli or whatever but just not enough for me to notice any appreciable diarrhea but enough to cause infections which i did get. Interested in blood results ok only 4 or 5 items in the 2 blood tests (more than a year apart) were out of normal range - nothing extreme and only as the articles suggest are usual deviations when on rapa . In a very abbreviated form where ‘n’ means normal range,
‘l’ means lower than normal, ‘h’ means high, ok means within normal range as does omission of that category which is most of them.

Complete blood count san jose 14dec2021 blood test abnormalities: 6 results out of normal range
lymphocytes 11.8 h norm 4.8-9.4 (can be high due to infection) ,
erythrocytes 4.1 l n 4.4-5.9,
hemoglobin 12.8 l n 13.5-17.9 ,
hematocrit 37.3 l n41-53.7,
RDW 15.8 h 11.5-15 ,
platelets 436 h n150-400

7Feb23 Cebu, philippines 7 results out of normal range
lymphocytes 21.2 ok{note different scale in Cebu than in san jose?} , erythrocytes no find in cebu cbc
hemoglobin 115 g/L low norm 135-180(worse than in sj)
hematocrit .34 low n .42-.52(worse than in sj)
red Blood CellsRe 4.19 low (in 10e12/L units) n 4.7-6
platelet count 621 high (in 10e9/L units) n 150-450
monocytes 12 high in % n 2-11
Absolute Lymphocyte Count 1.00 low (in 10^9/L units) n 1.50~3.50
complete Cholesterol 158.20 mg/dl <200 4.07 mmol/L <5.14 good. Nothing wrong here but even better than average esp for 75 years old
though this favorable result is due to specifically my consumption of 20mg daily of mk677 which has been confirmed more than once in the past
If had not had any mk677 for many months i am fairly sure total cholesterol would be definitely over 211 say

" Edit: it’s been two days since he posted, he probably died." yea funny which shows a lot of these posters mainly are monkey see monkey do and
post according to emotion and not facts.

now also from messages i get in email i don’t know if my answers are getting posted i will post again to a prior question:
Anyway to answer the question i take very few what may be called medicines or diet supplements i take other than rapamycin with ketoconazole and things such as vitamins and topical tacrolimus it is usually daily : selegiline 5mg , mk677 20mg , nmn 1gram, Pterostilbene like 200mg, resveratrol off and on of varying amounts , diphenhydramine for sinuses as i feel needed but usually comes to around 50 to 150mg daily and periodically pregnenolone and/or less frequently dhea and dmae and sometimes creatine and unfortunately more often than not zopiclone 7mg for sleep which i would really like to get off , stop.

2 Likes

Thank you for sharing your experience. It is informative to see the side effects of a very high dose rapamycin regimen. Some of those effects you were able to observe, some only show up on the lab reports.

Here is how I would estimate your effective rapa dose. Oral ketoconazole inhibits CYP3A4 in both the liver and the intestine. The effect of ketoconazole on oral rapamycin is about 5.5 fold increase. Since the intestinal percentage of the enzyme is contributing only an estimated 20% of that effect, the rest coming primarily from enzymes in the liver, I am guessing that you are getting a 4 fold increase in effective dosage. Although the exact amount cant be determined since there are wide individual differences, I’m estimating your effective dose is about 4x20mg or 80 mg. Additionally, since you are dosing every 5 days and it takes 2 ½ weeks to clear the previous rapa dose from your system I would compare your dosage to a 90mg dose.

It would be useful to compare neutrophils (% and absolute) and lymphocytes (% and absolute) before and after in order to relate depression of the immune system to the side effects. Also, if you have other before and after data, e.g. your WBC, high sensitivity CRP please post.

1 Like

A high RDW result can also be a sign of other conditions, such as:

I do think high dosing of rapamycin has a negative effect on RDW and iron levels.

I have given blood twice yearly in the past, but apparently my donations in 2022 were too close together coupled with my relatively high rapamycin dosing and after 6 months since my last donation they have not returned to normal.

Unfortunately my ferritin levels were only tested by the Red Cross until recently. They always claimed that my ferritin levels were okay at the time of the donations.

My most recent two ferritin tests taken about 4 weeks apart indicated a below normal reading of 6 ng/mL. Either something else has changed or my dosing of rapamycin is too high.

My inclination right now is to think that my rapamycin dosing is too high. I am currently not taking rapamycin until my ferritin level returns to normal. I am also now taking an iron supplement.

Rdw should be considered with the recent mcv history

MCV for comparison:

Whilst your mcv is improving rdw will deteriorate. At a steady state rdw will improve.

Not sure if I should post here or in its own thread but I thought I’d report on my first week of using rapamycin, I used 4mg (no grapefruit juice or anything) and only weigh 115lbs. In retrospect this was either too high a dose to start or rapamycin just may not be a good idea with my condition.

Background-> mid 20s male, suffering from chronic health issues since covid vaccination 2 years ago in april/2021. Please don’t press me on this, yes I’m certain. Within 48hrs I developed heart issues (PACs, very heavy heart beat (resolved) tachycardia (semi-resolved) as well as inflammation mainly in my sternum/chest that would spread to more areas over the course of the next two years. I also have rapid muscle twitching that is pretty random all over but I’m not super bothered by it. I still have PACs very regularly so going into this rapamycin dosing it was mostly that issue, joint and muscle pain/inflammation, (lots of crepitus in my joints currently, affects my upper spine, shoulders, ribs/sternum. Limbs are generally not affected) and lymph node pain that I was hoping to see positive changes in. Lymph node pain and burning muscle/joint pain exist but are kept mostly manageable with medication. These issues are every day and do not come and go. I do not understand the true nature of my condition to this day unfortunately.

For the beginning of my rapamycin trial I was not taking my usual medication (it helps but isn’t miraculous, just feel a good amount worse off of it but have had times where I couldn’t get it for a few days including recently so I know what it’s like)

First day of taking rapamycin I don’t recall having issues, however on the second day after I started having rather serious muscle pain, joint pain, lymph node pain in my left neck mainly and burning pain in the usually areas. Joints that aren’t even normally affected such as my elbows also were very achey and I didn’t want to move around much. I caved and went back on my normal medicine which helped a lot, but didn’t fully reverse the issues. Over the next few days back on my medicine my joints were still more achey than normal, and if I were to describe the pain it would be something like cold burning aching pain which doesn’t make a lot of sense I suppose… Additionally I experienced some shooting pains that I’m unsure are nerve or joint pains in my toe knuckles or hands and a couple other places. No digestive issues, or sleeping changes. Mouth sores, maybe very slight where it hit as I took the pills and slight reflux just for a day, and maybe slight inflammation along my esophagus as a result, nothing too bothersome there.

It’s been 6 days now and I’d say my joints are a bit worse off than when I started and have been more achey easily. I plan to wait a few more days before considering retrying from 1mg, at this point there is probably about 1mg still in my system and it’s tolerable but I am not sure it will be beneficial for me. Very unfortunate because I’m running out of good ideas for how to manage these symptoms, I am looking toward HBOT in the future when I have a better financial situation.

3 Likes

I am not sure if this could help, but I took my first dose (1mg) a month ago and since have taken two more dosed (2mg and 3mg) a week apart and I must say that my first dose produced most unpleasant symptoms that ranged from feeling fidgety, increased RHB, really tired and had joint and muscle pain, like getting a viral infection, even after 5 days I had really sore throat and a canker sore started to develop on the tip of my tongue. Since that dose I had almost none perceptible differences except I feel this mixture of tired and energized for two - three days post taking rapamycin. I also noticed that my joint pain and muscle pains that were borderline “fibromyalgic” are less perceptible (could be placebo, I must take rapamycin for longer to make any claims in this direction). I do have this random pains since I was a child and gotten a thick infection.
About post covid vaccination troubles, I can not say anything on the matter. I was vaccinated four times (mRna vaccine / twice Pfizer, twice Moderna) and had no issues. Contracted covid that was picked up by test, but had no symptoms what so ever. I believe LPCVS can be a nuisance or more and I hope you will find something that will help. I myself live with this “fibromyalgic” pain since childhood, I remember the exact day it all started, but managed to live normal life, didn’t make it an issue. Had all the tests done in my teens, everything came back normal or within normal values and probably acceptance that something is different and that you before that does not exist any more might be a part of your journey.

2 Likes

Thanks for the response, I’ll take that into consideration. I think overall I do have strong feelings of wanting to continue but yes I really will have to take it slow from here which is probably what I should have done from the beginning.

4 Likes

Here are my experiences from 4 mg Rapamycin + grapefruit Juice and a potentially contributing effect of apigenin.

The evening before 4 mg Rapamune, I had one half of a red grapefruit.
Two hours and 15 minutes before Rapamune I had the other half of the red grapefruit and 225 ml red grapefruit juice.
15 minutes before Rapamune I had a fatty breakfast. A two egg omelet, french fermented cheese and some oil.

After 4 mg I had three days of diarrhea and a bad upper stomach discomfort in stomach, jejunum, gallbladder and occasional refluxes (which is something I never have). I experienced an aching sensation when food was on its way through (what I perceive as) the lower esophageal sphincter and the food was about to enter the stomach. The diarrhea vanished after three days. But the discomfort continued for another 3 days.

First, I thought the massive reaction was only because of the grape juice. But then I stumbled upon the references to parsley and apigenin. It struck me that I also had taken 400 - 500 mg powdered apigenin in the evenings the week before Rapmune, the aim was to improve my sleep.

Note worthy is the fact that the week before, I had also taken amla powder to get nutraceutical support against rapamycin’s potentially unwanted influence on blood sugar metabolism. And I also had also had 1-2 teaspons of lions mane powder daily. So besides apigenin, there might be two other contributing factors.

This was the first time I tried to improve bioavailability.

My main theory is that apigenin might amplify the effect of grapefruit. And it would be really interesting to see a case study of apigenin and Rapmycin. If it improve absorption? Then it would be an alternative that is easily standardized and that have quite a bit of other health promoting effects.

1 Like

For those who are interested, this is my exp with Rapamycin 2mg/week which led to (relatively) immediate side effects after approx 3 weeks of use, which included slight swelling/oedema on my left cheek. I had a forum post on this and based on pathology and Dr Green input, fairly certain Rapa is to blame.

2 Likes

How long did it take for the swelling to go away? I have the same problem and have stopped the Rapa for a month now, but swelling is still there.

2 Likes

Yes… it was a slow return to normal… about 2 months…but I was on a dose of 38 ng/mL for 7 months.

As I stated, I thought it was the minoxidil causing the edema… from something I read about dosing with minoxidil… that at 3 months…the edema resolved in the clinical trial patients… I did not think it was the rapamycin.

But I reduced the rapamycin to 12 ng/mL… and kept the minoxidil at the same dose 5mg per day.

Today my legs and ankles are skinny and muscles defined again.

1 Like

Thanks for response.
I am going to stay off the Rapa for another month or till swelling goes away.

3 Likes

My ankles swelling lasted 48 hours after taking 5 mg of sirolimus with EVOO and grapefruit juice. It happened two times in a row. After I reduced the dose to 4 mg the edema did not appear any more.

2 Likes

Yes! As Blagosklonny says… up the rapamycin dose until you get side effects… edema… swollen ankles is a side effect.

Time to reduce the dose. I cut my dose to 1/3.
12 ng/mL… no more problems.

2 Likes