Side Effects of Rapamycin (part 2)

17 posts were merged into an existing topic: Improve Bioavailability of Rapamycin (2)

Why do you think you are having a problem with mTORC2? Are you experiencing increased infections, etc?

2 Likes

Immunosupression. Lowered neutrophils and in particular lowered lymphocytes. Mild pneumonia, solved with an antibiotic.

1 Like

Mostly theoretical. I have had neck acne a few times (a single pimple each time), a couple mouth ulcers, and a single instance of gum inflammation that lasted a few days. I worry more about what is happening that I can’t feel.

1 Like

life extension has a blood test for rapamycin levels. unfortunately, they only do it in the Fort Lauderdale lab. the last time I did it there it was $95

2 Likes

There are a few companies in the US that provide inexpensive blood sirolimus level testing: How to get a Rapamycin (sirolimus) Blood Level Test

In Europe and elsewhere it can be more difficult. If you find one outside of the US, please post information about the lab and cost.

People have said that in the UK this is an option: Doctap.co.uk charges £134 (plus the £50-£70 consultation fee - obviously not extra if having other tests done) in the UK.

1 Like

There is still some swelling in the bottom of my left foot which is odd. I think I may need to dial down my Rapamycin dosage to 5 mg + GFJ when I take my next dose in 2 weeks.

1 Like

The ITP had one arm where they cycled the mice on and off. Besides that, I think most other studies use rapamycin in food and a continuing feeding.

2 Likes

Usually I take rapamycin without any supplements or food and never have mouth sores. Last week though, I was taking it with reserveratrol mixed in EVOO (wanted to see if resevatrol has any effect on glucose spike). The result: 2 mouth sores after taking 0.5 mg/day for only 3 days.

3 Likes

Rapamycin = Senomorphic
Rapamycin + Resveratrol = Senolytic

When you add Resveratrol, it kills off senescent cells instead of rejuvenating them.

1 Like

I thought Resveratrol was debunked. Thought there is a lot of reading on it NOT being beneficial?

3 Likes

I recently read on this forum that if combined with Rapa, reseveratrol prevents glucose spike.

1 Like

Ah, I see wasn’t aware of that. Makes sense if true. Any paper or source that you can remember, or just anecdotal?

Unfortunately don’t remember besides it was recently within 2 weeks. So I decided to try but it immediately resulted in 2 mouth sores. For me it’s a negative feature, so I stopped reseveratrol.

1 Like

There’s a whole thread on Rapamycin plus GFJ. GFJ has been tested with Rapamycin. It provides around a 3-3.5X increase in bioavailability and the effects of GFJ lasts only 4 hours and not 3 days.

5 Likes

I listened to your podcast re: nitric oxide but I don’t even want to get the test strips before I know what to do about it. Was disappointed that that was the only product they offered, then just general guidelines. So for example, assume that I am deficient as you were. Assume that I’ve already ditched mouth rinse. What toothpaste is friendly to the ammonia oxidizing bacteria in our mouths? I already see the foods to incorporate but you can’t start drying yourself when you’re still in the shower with the water running. I’m surprised that woman’s company hadn’t at least launched a toothpaste that ticks all the boxes. Have you found one? What else have you done re: intervention?

Here’s the toothpaste I use. The test strips are the easiest way to confirm everything is working. I take 25 supplements without any idea if they do anything. I know my NO supplement works.

Multiple pieces to the puzzle for me

• oral microbiome (good toothpaste, don’t brush tongue)
  • sufficient nitrates in food or supplements every 12 hours (supplement in AM; celery with dinner)

IMG_5065

3 Likes

I bought it. What supplements do you take for it? I hate the taste of celery, really hate it. But I use celery salt. I’ll buy the strips, but need to know what to do to move the needle.

I use the Berkley Life nitrate supplement (Nitric Oxide Foundation). It works for me (i take 2 capsules in AM). I also tried the HumanN Beet powder capsules but I had to take 2x the stated dose to get a good test strip result. The “practitioner code” in the link below allows you to buy from berkley life’s website…they only sell via practitioner offices…They gave me an account to allow my listeners to get access. The discount code WISE20 gives you 20% off your first order (I do get a commission since that is how their business model works; 20% was the biggest discount I was allowed to provide). You may also be able to buy Berkley Life product on Amazon but the discount code will not work there.

This link (berkeleylife.com) allows you to buy directly from Berkley Life; the registration code “WISE30” is needed to create an account. When placing an order, use discount code: “WISE20” …it is a one-time 20% savings.

3 Likes

Thanks, I’ll have to hold off as I’m pregnant and don’t want to get too experimental with my supplements now but I’m bookmarking it for down the road.

3 Likes