SGLT2 Inhibitor Drug that lowers blood sugar also reduces aging-related blood vessel dysfunction

Drug that lowers blood sugar also reduces aging-related blood vessel dysfunction

Author: Eleanor Garth
Last updated: May 31, 2022

FDA-approved drug for type 2 diabetes prevented vascular constriction and stiffening in aging male mice.

2 Likes

A link to the mentioned study in the above article.

SGLT2 inhibition attenuates arterial dysfunction and decreases vascular F-actin content and expression of proteins associated with oxidative stress in aged mice

2 Likes

Fortunately, I chose to add empagliflozin10mg to my metformin because my fasting glucose levels have increased since I started taking rapamycin. I source from India because it is relatively cheap and less hassle than seeing my doctor and trying to convince him I need it.
I think I will up the dose to 20 mg. (For younger people please see your doctor)

Also if you are taking a “URINALYSIS, COMPLETE” test and take empagliflozin within 12 to 18 hrs before your test do not be surprised to find some glucose in your urine.
“Jardiance and other SGLT2 inhibitors increase excretion of glucose in urine and will cause positive urine glucose tests”
If you don’t know this you will say: WTF!

1 Like

More info see: