Seeking advice, afraid I have to quit

I do supplement with B-12 and a lot of others.

1 Like

Fisetin showed no senolytic activity in the ITP-studies, still I see it mentioned so often as a senolytic agent. Personally I lost interest in it, for this reason.

1 Like

Be sure to watch the latest James Kirkland video from the recent Singapore conference. He was positive on Fisetin and even a little more confident that senolytics might work on humans. 20% up from 0%

5 Likes

20% is better than 0.1%! I think this also may be a factor of our different biological states including age, senescent cell load, etc…

2 Likes

Just eat meat, youll always get the right form of b12 and as an added benefit meat stimulates the parietal cells which secrete intrinsic factor necessary for the absorbtion of b12

Usually meat is fed by products of their own relatives. Hence why mad cow disease is prevalent and why ranchers harvest the meat before symptoms manifest. My friend owned a cattle farm and is one of the reasons I have cut back my meat consumption. You don’t want to know how it’s raised!

It’s a myth that our ancestors primarily ate meat. They were primarily vegetarians. The studies cited in this video helped me switch from a carnivore diet.

1 Like

I haven’t eaten meet for 30+ years. Somehow it disgusts me. I don’t like its smell or look, no matter how it’s cooked. And I remember it even from my childhood. If I cook meet for somebody else, I always wear gloves. Probably sounds ridiculous for most people. Eating meet is not natural for me. I do eat fish in moderation (couple times per month). Eggs are OK too. Could it be connected to blood type?

2 Likes

Clearly fallacious logic. It would depend on which ancestors you are talking about.
Clearly not ancestors from the north who depended primarily depended on meat.
As I have said before anyone can make an argument for the opposing point of view and present facts to back it up.
Example:

1 Like

Watch game changers. That would explode the myth about our ancestors’ diet. Of course it’s pretty meaningless whatever it was. Whether they ate 100% meat or 100% plants we evolved to reproduce not for longevity.

1 Like

This comes across to me as a sort of religious dispute where there are various views that are argued. What is clear is that people need Vitamins in their diet and not all of them are available on a vegan diet.

However, more broadly getting the right balance of essential nutrients is not easy via a diet as it is also sensible to constrain the amount of food eaten.

Hence I conclude the merits of supplementation. Supplementation is, however, hard to work out and will vary from person to person.

1 Like

If our ancestors were vegetarian we would find skulls with poor dentition and lots of caries but we don’t up until 10000 years ago

1 Like

Personally I am a bit intolerant of cows milk. I have it in tea, but I used to have digestion problems caused by milk as well as ones not caused by milk. Since I have improved my metabolism as far as I can tell all my digestion issues have gone away, but I still don’t drink a lot of cows milk and I don’t intend finding out whether I would tolerate a lot of milk.

Almost all of my improvements happened before I took Rapa. I have taken it once and intend taking it at an extended frequency, but I have not yet set a date for the second time. I have too many things to test at the moment. My testing cycle is mainly weekly.

If our ancestors were carnivores we would have different teeth than we have.

We evolved to have brains to make tools and our metabolism evolved accordingly losing the ability to process plants and becoming ever more dependent on meat

We have canines to tear meat.

Hey all, thank you for the thoughts on carnivore versus plant based. As stated above there are arguments to be made for both sides. I think energy is better spent trying to understand all sides of an issue versus defending your position. This message board, the internet and social media waste a lot of energy on folks arguing a point or a side. I think Mark Hyman, functional medicine Dr and author of the Pegan Diet says it best, do what makes you feel best.

Personally, I have done Paleo and eaten a ton of meat and felt pretty good. My primary convinced me to go plant based. My father died of aggressive prostate cancer and my mom of a stroke, his logic was both of those are better prevented on a high plant diet versus meat. I think I feel similarly, on low carb plant based versus low carb meat. My numbers (blood work) overall are slightly better on plants. I supplement quite a bit to get the right nutrition, b12, algae, healthy omega, iron, Creatine, bcaa etc. I have considered doing the Tom Brady diet of 1 or 2 times a week 4oz max healthy meat. The mental block for me is cleaning up a pan, grill, or stove after cooking meat. How can all that fat and crud not block up your arteries? If the spirit moves me or I feel worn down I have some frozen buffalo burgers in the freezer I can throw in the air fryer. So far, almost 3 years in the spirit hasn’t…

Again folks, when about to argue a point on this message board or elsewhere ask yourself, am I being radically open minded? If not, perhaps keep it to yourself?

3 Likes

Oh… my point was I started this thread cause I was having crazy side effects (from Metformin) at the time I didn’t know that and feared it might be Rapamycin. I went on to provide my experience(s). My diet came up for background context. Then a 10ish post debate started on plant based versus meat based. I have seen similar debates emerge in threads that weren’t even on topic. Vaccines for example, the COVID vaccine, to have or not to have… lots of energy there. I agree science is a useful tool to navigate decisions. Like you suggest, I have looked at both data sets, plants and meat and on the recommendation of my Dr have gone plant based. Is that the best way? I don’t know. I challenge my decision often. Radical open-mindedness is motivated by the genuine worry that you might not be seeing your choices optimally. It is the ability to effectively explore different points of view and different possibilities without letting your ego or your blind spots get in your way.

3 Likes

And once again you missed the point entirely, which was: “anyone can make an argument for the opposing point of view and present facts to back it up.”
You’re welcome.