Seeking advice, afraid I have to quit

Haha :laughing: the point was this is a forum about Rapamycin with some longevity on the side.

3 Likes

It certainly seems to have strayed far from that.

I think I and most people here would appreciate it if our community members don’t get caught up in promoting heavily any one nutritional intervention or approach… and don’t spend too much time on these types of discussions. Unfortunately, given the imperfect nature of virtually all the “correlational” nutritional research I don’t think its of much value to get too committed or dogmatic about most nutritional approaches. As the recent Peter Attia / Matt Kaeberlein podcast covered - people seem to do pretty well across a broad variety of dietary approaches. Its fine to present a study occasionally, but please don’t get vociferously religious (i.e. dictatorial, thinking your way is best) about any one dietary approach or dietary intervention here. I’m sure over our lifetimes we’ll see a lot of new (and probably contradictory) information in this area.

Some related videos:

Thanks!

3 Likes

Exactly on this podcast… which is amazing MK and PA state there is no such thing as a perfect diet for everyone.

Due to phenotypes, genetics lifestyle and so much more… that every fad expert, claimed perfect diet over the decades never pans out. Some thrive on vegan… others on meat…paleo.

It is understandable that someone who has found their perfect health… longevity diet wants everyone to get the benefit. It doesn’t work that way… listen to the podcast. And, good luck finding your diet. Just worked out… time for a pound of steak, loaded potato …chased down with whole milk. :yum:

3 Likes

I’m pretty sure we would already have Peter Attia’s book if it were not for the nutrition chapter. I think he makes a good point that there are too many confounding factors. It’s impossible to declare winners and losers. He says that plant-based diets usually fare best, but it’s quite likely that those people are also doing other helpful things like exercising. Carnivores and vegetarians don’t eat highly processed foods. I am more interested in avoiding added sugars and processed food.

2 Likes

I considered starting a new thread, but since this thread contains my story I figured to park this update here - @RapAdmin open to taxonomy advice :slight_smile:

So… after taking Rapa successfully for over a year I stopped to have my hip resurfaced. I gave myself 4+ months off to heal and to do PT, etc. I decided to start today by titrating up again. I took 2mg of Zydus with 1/2 a grapefruit 45 minutes prior and washed it down with flax seed oil. I also took 100mg of Doxycylcin which I plan to pair with my weekly dose. For two reasons, 1:) out of an abundance of caution with my implanted device to prevent infection 2:) There is some evidence, albeit loose, that osteoarthritis can be bacterial. i.e. some bad bacteria are responsible in some way for cartilage reduction. I’ll take 3mg of Rapa next week then I may drop the grapefruit and go up to 6 mg. I had my bloodwork redone.I thought folks might be interested in before Rapa (<2/22) - Rapa for 1 year and off for 4 months. Only thing that jumps out to me is my A1C went up to 5.7 off Rapa. Also notice White and red blood cell counts moving in line with Rapa. Oh and I remain mostly plant based, but experimented with having some fish and greek yogurt to see if I would heal better/faster. I am not sure it did anything positive or negative. I may have 4oz of fish every week or bi-weekly to make sure if I am missing anything in my diet amino-acid-wise or otherwise that I get it.

APOB
Differential
Hemo
Insulin

1 Like