Reverse Gray Hair, Hair Repigmentation

From everything I’ve read, 1-1.25mg is an effective dose for women, but men require 2.5mg or more. Many hair loss doctors who prescribe loniten do so beginning at 2.5mg and then bumping it up to 5mg if no sides.

3 Likes

I’m only interested in hair color reversal though…

7 Likes

Exactly. I am the same!

5 Likes

Dear RapAdmin,
Thanks so much for figuring out the formula - I’m hopeless with these extrapolations. I have one question: while 120 mg cyclosporin and 500 mg minoxodil seems an accurate increase from the RiverTown paper using 100 ml (you used 3.5 oz), you converted 120 nanograms of tacrolimus/ml to 100 mg, which is a 10,000x increase. Shouldn’t it be more like 1 or 2 mg tacrolimus?

3 Likes

Actually, now that I look deeper into this, I see the original paper published a correction about this very point. Instead of 120ng/ml it should be 24 micrograms/ml or 2.4 mg/100 ml to make your concoction.

https://sci-hub.se/10.1111/pcmr.13011

6 Likes

My hairstylist who knows me very well said that there was a significant change in my hair color. I think she’s right but it would only be from taking rapamycin. I still haven’t crafted something to put on my hair.

3 Likes

I think you are right. When I went to the barber and looked at my fallen hair, the outermost half was a grey and the innermost to the roots was dark brown. If hair color is a sign of good health (which I think it is) Rapa definitely helps.

2 Likes

My initial interest in taking low dose oral minoxidil was put on hold after reading some research articles that minoxidil can block collagen formation. Not sure I’m willing to take the risk of taking minoxidil orally if collagen synthesis might potentially be affected.

4 Likes

I use a close up camera which produces 4K images to monitor things. Today I looked at producing comparison photographs looking at the growth of new hair where I was bald. This is not just because of Rapamycin, however.

3 Likes

Please post the research articles you mention.

I just saw this good news on minoxidil, it seems to help the heart:

Minoxidil, an ATP-dependent K+ channel opener, has been shown to stimulate elastin expression in vitro, and in vivo in the aorta of male aged mice and young adult hypertensive rats. Here, we have studied the effect of a 3-month chronic oral treatment with minoxidil (120 mg/L in drinking water) on the abdominal aorta structure and function in adult (6-month-old) and aged (24-month-old) male and female mice. Our results show that minoxidil treatment preserves elastic lamellae integrity at both ages, which is accompanied by the formation of newly synthesized elastic fibers in aged mice.

7 Likes

Unfortunately I didn’t save the research articles… I recall reading that Minoxidil inhibits lysyl hydroxylase, which is an enzyme that has a key role in the formation of collagen.

1 Like

I’ll be trying it on my head hair, purely for the gray. Finally got all the ingredients, plus adding some Yerba Santa (eriodictyon angustifolium)

9 Likes

Looking forward to your results. I absolutely will give it a go if it works.

I’m envious that you’re someone who’s blonde and the grey blends in.

I’ve got dark hair (more visible) and started getting greys at 27. 36 now.

Sucks if you otherwise look young.

From a cosmetic POV, a reliable grey hair reversal drug would solve the majority of aging concerns for so many people.

3 Likes

It’s already been invented and widely in use.

It’s called hair dye. :wink:

5 Likes

@Boldi How much did you pay for the Tacrolimus, minoxidil tablets and cyclosporine capsules total? How many tablets did you get total?

Hair dye is no more of a cure for grey hair than wigs are for baldness

4 Likes

If you only knew how many Chinese people used hair dye here in Hong Kong, your jaw would drop.

Hair dye is a much better alternative to wigs. :wink:

1 Like

That’s why there should be a real clinical option for grey hair. Because the demand is off the chart but it’s the one dermatological aging condition (the most obvious one) that’s just brushed aside with no effort to bring novel solutions.

Hair dye is no more of a solution than a wig or Topixxx or whatever else. It’s a camouflage method-- and an obvious one, particularly on men. It is not a solution at all, it’s not healthy, it’s time consuming and most of the time it’s obvious with the roots sticking out, etc.

At least with baldness, you have pills that can halt it. And hair transplants. With greying there’s zero solution and it progresses so quickly. You have barely adults who starts going grey at 19 and are walking around with heads of white hair in their 30’s. Youth robbed from them.

It’s extremely premature aging and it’s unacceptable that there isn’t an effort to solve it when it is definitely solvable based on the countless examples of hair repigmentation as a side effect of drugs.

5 Likes

The whole thing was quite expensive, though I bought far too much tacrolimus due to the dosage error in the original paper.

Cyclosporine (Panimun Bioral 50mg Capsules, 1 pack of 30 tablets): USD 45x1 = USD 45
Minoxidil (Lonitab 5mg Tablets, 10 strips of 10 tablets): USD 12x10 = USD 120
Tacrolimus (Pangraf 2mg Capsules, 2 packs of 30 tablets): USD 65x2 = USD 130
Shipping charges : USD 30

5 Likes

Hi Boldi,
I’ll take some of your unneeded if you want to unload