Rapamycin Weekly Log

Userdata: male, born in 1997, height= 176cm, weight = 56kg.
Dose: 4mg/wk, beginning on Sep/13/2022.

2 Likes

I haven’t done a blood test before taking the pills. So no quantitative comparison can be made, just some subjective feelings.

Week1: Sep/13/2022, 4mg/wk, rapa source: “Healthspan”, 1mg pill x 4, just took down the pill several minutes ago, and no instant effect can be observed.

2 Likes

That’s probably a good thing, as any instant effect would probably be a negative one! Let us know if you experience any fatigue/euphoria, nausea, rashes, canker sores, etc…

And, good luck on your Rapa journey. We are all here with you.

Thanks! I’ll do a regular weekly summary. If there’s anything I can perceive, I’ll also log them. May take a blood test some time next month.

1 Like

It will be super interesting to follow! Thanks for sharing. What brand and manufacture of rapamycin do you use?

25 seems awfully young to be starting? I’m inclined to agree with @desertshores that the younger the patient the less noticeable the effects will be.

Hi, I currently live in the US. There’s a website called “Healthspan” that provides Rapa. It seems to be one of the easiest ways to get Rapa in the US.

https://healthspan.zenpatient.com/

1 Like

What brand of Rapa do they provide at Healthspan? Rapammune?

1 Like

Yes, I checked the brand name again. It’s rapamune.

2 Likes

Hi looking forward to following your journey.

I’m born in 1995 (27) nice to see some one else in their 20’s looking after their health as well. I’m starting 4mg in a few days. Started 1 mg last week. No side effects as of yet.

2 Likes

I agree, if you’re young you won’t see much effects but in my opinion starting young is about preventing/slowing aging. So only time will tell.

2 Likes

No side effect observed as of yet.

3 Likes

Sep/20/2022: second dose, 4mg, cannot feel any difference. No side effect observed last week.

2 Likes

One small pimple was observed today.
I might stop using Rapa and switch to Metformin for minor side effects.

28/Sep/2022 4mg, No further side effect observed.

2 Likes

29/Sep/2022: mouth sore, 4mg/wk seems a little high for me.

It may be at this time, but perhaps not in the future. I had a mouth sore at somewhere around 5mg/week. Just once. I backed off a mg, for a few weeks, then restarted testing higher dosing. Never had a mouth sore again, and went all the way up to 28mg in one dose (just testing higher dosing).

1 Like

As you know I think the reason for the sores and spots is that with more ROS in the cytosol individual cells have a greater ability to fight invading cells. My view (from experience with a similar approach) is that gradually the body clears out invaders so the likelihood of sores becomes less over time. This, however, is an unproven hypothesis.

1 Like

Oct/06/2022 Given up using rapa.