Rapamycin Webinar and Dr. Green

It’s the “adjust if necessary” is a quandary?

Adjust to what and to achieve what longevity target?

Is dose limiting toxicity a meaningful target for prevention?

TOR1/TOR2 assays would be nice.

1 Like

Here’s the list Dr. Green gave me to test: Insulin, CMP, Hemoglobin A1C, Lipid Panel, CBC, and Ferritin.
Does anyone think it important that I also do C-reactive Protein, which I guess is what you mean by “CRP”?

1 Like

Kerry, do you have any concern that you might be getting close to the dose originally used for organ transplant patients to suppress the immune system? Especially in light of Covid still hanging around?

Yes hsCRP, would definitely add, and would add liver and kidney markers. Do a full iron panel, ferritin isn’t too meaningful. ApoB additional lipid marker.

1 Like

CMP (complete metabolic panel) includes liver and kidney markers

1 Like

Not really. Side effects(mouth sores, etc) give us a clear warning when we are intruding into Tor 2 territory. I increased my dose from 20 mg to 22 and could not sleep well for 3 days. Went back to 20. Transplant patients take “daily doses” to keep blood level high to prevent immune system rejection of organ. They are less concerned about side effects

1 Like

Curious as to whether you take the 20mg with grapefruit juice or any other bioavailability enhancer, or not.

I have taken both ways. Most people use GFJ for 2 reasons. If the cost of the Rapa is an issue or availability where you live. If you buy powder for appx. $70 gram which is equal to a 2 year supply then cost is not an issue. 1 gram rapa + 250 grams lactose powder = .25 grams mixture per 1 mg. rapa. = 40 mg. rapa per month(20 mg. twice a month) x 24 months = .960 grams of Rapa. Using GFJ would make 1 gram Rapa appx 6 year supply assuming 300% increase.

2 Likes

I didn’t hear about this webinar. Is it Available?

Brad - you are a registered participant in the study right? You should have gotten an email with the link.

Following up with this post from a while back. Any thoughts on the theory behind why Dr. Green would take 12 mg on consecutive days every other week instead of just taking 24 mg on one day every two weeks?

1 Like

Do you take Rapa with or without food?

I take it with a high fat meal… Typically with sardines. Here is why

2 Likes

Let’s say i am not trying to save money and i want to do 6mg / week like many people are saying they do, including Peter Attia. If i’m taking 6mg with food am i actually getting a larger dose than these other people? like, what’s standard practice wihtout introducing a bunch of other variables?

I don’t know what the other people are taking in terms of the composition of their meal - as the link in the post I just made suggests - if its a high fat meal you’re getting about 30% greater bioavailability than if you don’t.

I think that most people taking rapamycin know this, and take it with a fatty meal - but we haven’t done a poll on this.

By the way - Peter attia is now at 8mg to 10mg per week:

From Peter’s Instagram feed:

4 Likes

Thanks. I guess I’ll take a read some of the studies directly and see what i can gleen from them. I know some of the mouse studies included food with their dose. I looked at the Mannick immune function paper and did not see any mention of food.

1 Like

Interesting finding, do you remember which post this comment was done in? Would like to see the source.

Its from his instagram postings, a question on the video last month where he talks about the mouth sore he’s gotten (and gets occasionally) .

Thanks, here is the instagram post: peter attia on Instagram: "The only downside I can appreciate of taking rapamycin for “geroprotective” gain… right here ladies and gentlemen."

2 Likes

If what Klickstein says about 5 mg of everolimus 1) shutting down mTOR completely for a few days applies to the relevant parts or cells of the brain (pericytes? astrocytes?) and 2) applies to rapamycin (which, NB, has a longer half-life than everolimus), then we don’t need the big spike.