Rapamycin User Poll / Survey - Please Respond

The poll is an excellent idea. Don’t know how many readers there are here but maybe the voters could hit 100. It would tell us something.

3 Likes

In six weeks ,Cured my moderately severe chronic fatigue syndrome of 10 years duration.
I also was taking a low-dose of lithium, 300 mg, which likely was synergistic… in December 2021
There were times I couldn’t walk a block. Now, August 2022, at age 79 taking 4 mile mountain hikes…

16 Likes

That’s a remarkable response! Is 300 mg’s your actual lithium dose? Seems high.
What’s your rapamycin dose?

1 Like

Taking 14 mg of Rapamycin from Amazon every 10 days and and
daily1000 mg NMN(very new data should be taken in the morning), Fisetin 1000 mg three days in a row per month(was taking 100 mg dasatanib and 1000 mg Quercetin three days in a row once a month)
Lithium 300 mg daily for bipolar two disease. This is a very low-dose for bipolar disease but probably enough to work synergistically with Rapamycin

3 Likes

My initial response came from 6 mg once per week with no add-ons and I was taking 300 mg of lithium for my bipolar two disease.
All my CFS symptoms Disappeared and I have been steadily increasing my exercise tolerance.
After three months I started increasing the rapamycin dose an added senolyrics following Dr. Green

7 Likes

Any idea what your cardiac ejection fraction was pre rapa?

Great poll. I think questions one and two are the most important. I would not conflate them. We may be able to deduce a “no noticeable benefits” response. So far we have 48 participants and only 24 responded to the benefits question. I did not because I haven’t noticed any.

2 Likes

I don’t know what it was or is. When my chronic fatigue syndrome was at its worst I would need to stop halfway up A flight of stairs to catch my breath.

1 Like

You need a “no noticeable benefits” selection

5 Likes

Other enhancers: e.g. some use Ketoconazole as an enhancer. Also suggest you include age of user.

I agree, but I think this might be a little more complex than most people want… so you’d get few respondents. To get people to respond to this, you’d need to make it really simple - like include a calculator (or perhaps a lookup table) so people can easily calculate their dose/kg/week. I don’t think I can easily incorporate a calculator beside the question. Let me see if there is an easy way to do this. Perhaps a table covering dosing levels from 1mg to 30mg, and human weights from 100lbs (45kg) to 250lb (113kg)?

1 Like

No noticeable benefits is first with 30 votes. Less aches and pains is second with 14 votes.

2 Likes

Yes - if the people who respond earlier in the survey don’t respond in the “benefits” poll, I think you can assume that most of them didn’t see any noticeable benefits.

If you’re healthy and fit, I suspect most people are not going to notice any significant benefits in the short term, and longer term the benefits are hard to measure unless you’re looking at blood measures.

4 Likes

I suspect that if I were seen substantial benefits right now with limited usage, it would be a placebo effect. But I believe that rapamycin is the right answer long-term.

3 Likes

Can you share your side effects that aren’t listed?

Thank you very much for this survey. I find it helpful and informative.

3 Likes

Hey there - something that came out of the blue and completely unexpected as I had become so used to IBS that it has become an unpleasant part of my life that I had come to accept and hate. Within the first day and for 3 months I had no episodes at all. Then I had to stop taking as I am halfway to having eye laser surgery in both eyes. Last eye tomorrow. My IBS returned after 3 weeks of stopping the Rapamycin but not as bad. I can’t wait to start again as I’m convinced it makes my bowels normal :+1: So having said all that, I think you should included bowel function in your surveys? :+1:

3 Likes

interesting. same here. i measured after 5 weeks. was gonna give it another 2mo at the same dose and retest. 5 weeks is where i saw profound changes in energy and body composition, so wanted to add a lab measure to bookmark. did you notice changes- positive or negative- before your labs?

1 Like

The changes were positive - my gum/oral health improved markedly - I’d frequently have bleeding when I flossed, but that went away after being on Rapa. Also fewer aches/pains - specifically, reduced pain in my heel and elbow where I’d had chronic tendinitis for a number of years, and it seems like I have less DOMS after a hard workout. I’m also taking other supplements, so I don’t want to characterize it as a miracle pill, but I definitely believe Rapa has helped my body clear up some of the ‘gunk’ associated with aging.

1 Like

fascinating. same for me- oral health, gum bleeding, chronic aches gone, better recovery after workouts, can lift more.
i’ll keep you posted on my test results. i’m not taking any other supplements, if that helps, and generally don’t take any drugs so pretty sensitive to drugs if i ever need to take it

2 Likes