Rapamycin used with Testosterone replacement

Sure but Jason is taking double your dose…

1 Like

Completely different pharmacology molecule, you can google. Ageless will have to advise his T levels and docs rationale.

1 Like

The dosing is dependent on getting your numbers to normal levels. At 1 ml of 200 mg I hover around 1500 which is at the top of normal. Where my physician and I want to be. That has been for 3.5 years.

MAC will have a few more things to check. And, I will in 3-months. But my physician is pretty watchful and thorough with me. We have long meetings over health, what I am feeling and my CBC every 3 months.

Prior to TRT I was at about 350. I know that what is important is the Free T. Peter tries to get his patients using at 2%. As stated, need to check on that next blood test. I assume I am good because my physician is very knowledable on levels.

Also, my biological age tests points to all being better than average benefits. I think the rapa and TRT combo is a solid age prevention strategy for me. TRT probably keeps my weight down too. My total muscular system - physique, strength and solid workouts point to being on target.

3 Likes

Total T is kinda meaningless. You need to check free T and SHBG. Check your DHT too with all that Finasteride you take, which blunts DHT and actually can boost T by 10-15%.

I know you will be all over this!!

3 Likes

Maveric you are 20 years younger than me 44 years - a kid - lol. Let’s see where you are at 64+. Seriously, a lot of nay sayers of TRT have had a radical change of thought in just the past month, the same with older men and the need for more protein, the same with higher LDL-C not necessarily a problem. These time honored truths are dropping all the time. “Talk is talk - the proof is in the pudding”. Show me… I trust what I test , feel and what I see.

The benefits and risks of testosterone replacement therapy: a review - PMC.

Most importantly, these include beneficial effects on mood, energy levels and patients’ sense of well-being, sexual function, lean body mass and muscle strength, erythropoiesis and bone mineral density (BMD), cognition and some benefits on cardiovascular risk factors.

Prostate cancer is the most heritable of all cancers. Most men will get it if they live long enough, but will die with it, not because of it.

But aggressive prostate cancer is nasty and those at particular risk have had a father or brother with it , especially if they were under 60 years old.Also at risk would be if you have several male relatives, like grandfathers, uncles,etc.

So in those men most at risk is testosterone safe? Would the benefits still outweigh the risks? Are there risks?
It would be interesting to have a knowledgeable oncologist or urologist weigh in on this.

1 Like

Yes, even the honored truth of testosterone causing prostate cancer is being completely re-evaluated and attitudes changed. TRT can be beneficial.

Good genetics can take you a long way - I feel fortunate that no males in my family dad, uncles - grandparents ever had prostrate cancer to my knowledge all living to 90+ years. My prostrate can hardly be located (size of a guy in his twenties) - been on Finasteride for 30 years.

1 Like

Wow, with those genes you’ll make it to 100+ !

Were they the “ never sick a day in my life” types, or did medical interventions help out?

1 Like

No chronic diseases, no cancers, no diabetes, no obesity, no medical issues. Rarely saw doctors - never in hospitals. Typically just suddenly stopped one day for each. Sounds like a plan!

Probably the combination of solid genetics - I am half Scottish (dad) and half Czech (mom) and the rapamycin - 100 in great health is my plan!

The first and last time I visited my father’s uncles and aunts ages 90 to 96 (the Scots) - 5 siblings - one a set of fraternal twins (boy and girl) having a picnic in the park - all ambilitory living in their own homes and celebrating my son - then age two as the last male in the line. Scots love geneaology - none of them had boys - lol. My son… well he has an 8-year old daughter - hahaha. The family line ends - he is done. My Czech side - I saw all the time - people full of life, laughter and long-lived. Going to Prague in September my 8th visit.

Hilarious. Can’t beat genetics. You’d make it to 100 without rapamycin, but I’d bet 120 with it, and that’s if they don’t come up with something else in the meantime, which they probably will.

I see two types of people in their mid nineties. One is like my aunt who’s dodged several major illnesses due to good luck and medical interventions. She’s frail and hunched over and is basically seeing doctors three times a week and crawling to 95.

The other type was my dad . He was thin and fit, ate very little and exercised daily. He never had a major illness. Once he was hospitalized for a kidney stone, and when I went to visit he was out exercising in the parking lot in his hospital gown.
He dropped dead at 95.

3 Likes

Almost a “naked mole rat”.

2 Likes

Yeah and just as crazy

1 Like

This thread is getting interesting. Old school TRT vs. new school TRT :slight_smile: I will add a few things:

1. There is no such thing as an expert and or normal levels in TRT, clinicians on the front lines treating this are probably the best guessers (experts).

2. The dosing, risks and benefits all seem to be evolving. Higher dose seem to be beneficial in many, but can cause some significant side effects in others. Creams, micronized pills, injections (both SQ vs. IM), pellets and even sublingual troches are all available and each have pros and cons.

3. Aromatase inhibitors should be in balance of what may be positive effects of estradiol in men.

4. Prostate cancer is probably not as significantly influenced by testosterone as previously thought and some argue may even have some protective effect as now estrogen is in for breast cancer in in women.

Exciting times, but all kinds of room for improvement and better understanding.

3 Likes

I sure hope being “crazy and exercising every day” is associated with lifespan.

1 Like

In fact, high grade PC is associated with LOW free testosterone levels.

Some studies discussing the myth of TRT and PC.

And on finasteride and PC:

On finasteride for 31 years. Got an incredibly small prostate… like a guy in his 20’s my urologist says - great… and he said take 5 mg of tadalafil daily. It’s healthy. And, now we know it helps prevent dementia too.

This is way out of my field but what you say makes sense. We’ll see how it evolves.

2 Likes

This is not a fair fight! You have a CAC of zero and longevity genes…and now Rapamycin and magic hair tonic too; first family centenarian with a flowing mane?

2 Likes
3 Likes

MAC…first family centenarian with a flowing mane?

That is my loooong term plan. Speaking of hair… really liking the glow my hair has now… not brassy or fake… very healthy feel and shine… was told I was blonde by a friend I hadn’t seen in a few years. He also said you are aging backwards… what gives???

My gray strands are absorbing the EGCG and Resveratrol turns blonde. Amazingly and easy… after my morning shower… a few eye droppers of tonic and towel dry.

Gonna see how it works on my beard… just the DMSO and EGCG and Resveratrol. My beard is plenty thick. Lol.

1 Like