Rapamycin etc., Purchase Price Comparison Spreadsheet, and Issues Discussion

FWIW

Received a marketing email today 04/05/2024

“50 x 1mg Film Coated Rapamycin (Sirolimus nanoparticles) Tablets”

RapaPro brand, manufacturer in India.

$70.00

I do not have any financial interest in this organization.

I’ve just discovered that CVS is now offering Sirolimus for a little over $1 per mg, via GoodRx coupon. This is 1/5 the price they were in Dec 2021, and 1/3 of the Kroger’s price then and now. To me this is big news- means I can buy from US pharmacies rather than using the India crap-shoot route (just got another India order returned by Canada Customs).

4 Likes

Who are you getting your prescription from and does it contain refill options?

Dr Alan Green, and yes.

He’s great. In-person visit required initially (Little Neck, NY on Long Island), but subsequent consultations can be on Zoom. Very reasonable cost.

It’s a good idea to be under some kind of supervision by a doctor, and Dr Green is pretty much the world expert, with over 1500 patients now. He requires blood tests prior to your visit, which makes sense. He is thorough.

1 Like

Even cheaper with larger quantities. With these prices, India no longer makes sense.

3 Likes

In the North New Jersey area on 04/13/2024
GoodRx produced a discount code for generic rapamycin/sirolimus 180 X 1mg tables for $111.00 paying out of pocket with discount code

Less than .62¢ per mg

Yes, you would require a prescription.

4 Likes

India still makes sense if you need to get other, still expensive medications such as an SGLT2I or Bempedoic Acid.

However it’s great to have a local source for Sirolimus. Thanks for sharing.

3 Likes

TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE???

I went to Goodrx and with their coupon it says I can buy 180 pills at CVS for $110.
They sent the coupon to my mailbox.
The other pharmacies were much more, even if not crazy.

Am I missing something ??? I’ve never used good rx. I assume it’s just a first time user coupon/promo?

Do I need to make sure CVS uses a good quality generic sourced from the right place?

Or do I just not look a gift horse in the mouth?

THANK YOU!!

3 Likes

No - anyone can create a GoodRX account, and you get a GoodRX number that you present when you buy at one of the pharmacies, and you get the discount. Its easy.

Any generic from a regular pharmacy like CVS, Walgreens, etc. is fine. Its the compounding pharmacy products you want to be careful with and which have a history of not being very bioavailable.

https://www.goodrx.com

2 Likes

Wow, grateful for your list of where to buy! I bought my first 24 pills for $239! You’ve saved me a fortune! Thx!

3 Likes

Prices from Forveda as of May:
Siromus 1mg by Zydus @ 5.5 USD per strip (6 tablets)
Rapacan (Siromus 1mg) by Biocon @ 5 USD per strip (10 tablets)
Bempedoic acid (180mg) + Ezetimibe (10mg) tablets costing
135 USD for 20 strips (200 tablets) and
240 USD for 40 strips (400 tablets).
Metformin 1 gm SR @ 1 USD per strip (10 tablets)
Glucobay 50 mg @ 2.5 USD per strip (10 tablets)

EMS Shipping charges 40 USD for up to 400 tablets are high, but Forveda has a virtual US bank so the ACH transfer fees are free for most US banks.

I’ve been messaging Girish Bhattad via IndiaMart, and he’s quick to reply. I placed my first order in early April and although he shipped within 2 days of payment, it took 4 weeks to be delivered to the US.

2 Likes

I wrote to him a week ago, no response (yet). It’s a 5-hour drive for me, but I’d do it. Fascinating fellow, my first response was: “Uh, you don’t look so good…” But then I understood that normally he’d be dead from a rare genetic cardiac issue that killed two others in his family." What’d he cost, if you are willing to say?

It’s $400 for the initial visit now- was $300ish in 2021.

It was an 8 hour drive for me, plus a border crossing, plus Covid testing to get back across, back then. Definitely worth it. Got me started, and I’ve had a follow-up Zoom since, which costs less.

On his web site, search for “Office Protocol”. It’s about a third of the way down the site, which is many screens down, at it has details.

He does say: “ The office runs on E-mails. Telephone calls are scheduled. I don’t do cold calls.**

To schedule an appointment, send an email. I see patients every weekday, 11 a.m. to evening as needed.

**I have far more time to respond to emails on Saturday and Sunday. These are the best days to send E-mails and if I failed to respond to your E-mail, the same day you sent it; please resend it on Saturday or Sunday and note that follow-up E-mail.”

So send an email today, (Sunday), you should get a reply.

1 Like