Rapamycin and risk of cardiovascular disease

Dunno I didn’t bother reading them as they are probably using outdated methodologies.
I could take a look at a later time and compile a lot of evidence for the Obicetrapib fanclub.
It has potential to be a longevity blockbuster drug.

1 Like

Hello Lara, old post but may I suggest Intermittent Fasting. Please view YouTube videos by Pradeep Jamnadas. My blood results improved after 6 months or so of IF. It was well worth it, please persevere.

1 Like

I agree about IF and usually follow it naturally for as long as I remember myself. I stop eating not later than 7 pm and have my firsts meal around 9-10 am. My lipids improved much after I consistently took rosuvastatin, 5 mg, and ezetimibe.

1 Like

FWIW

You do not like Calley Means message/comments.

As he tell’s the truth.

1 Like
2 Likes

From a few days ago: Taming cardiovascular risk: the promise of LDL cholesterol lowering therapeutics

We also showed that in combining obicetrapib with ezetimibe, we got 63 percent LDL lowering. So we are proceeding with developing a fixed dose combination of obicetrapib and ezetimibe, which would be a single pill that could be one of the most effective LDL lowering therapies, especially as an oral therapy to reduce cardiovascular risk.
What are the benefits for patients taking fixed dose combinations in one pill to reduce LDL cholesterol?
Most importantly, it provides greater efficacy. Obicetrapib alone is in the 40 percent range. Ezetimibe traditionally is in the 15 to 20 percent range. If you put the two together, you actually get synergy more than expected. That is what we showed in our ROSE II trial. Almost all participants achieved the goal using this combination regime.

By the way, given when phase 3 trials are expected to end, I think an approval next year is more realistic.

The market seems optimistic:

3 Likes

I don’t believe LDL and HDL levels are the sole determinants for heart disease. There are studies where both high and low are causes heart disease. For myself my cholesterol level is always low regardless what I eat. But sadly that does not make me immune to obesity.

2 Likes

Yeah so you choose to have a low cholesterol rather than an ultra low cholesterol despite the fact that you know the disease develops at your cholesterol level?

You can disprove the ‘crush apoB’ hypothesis by showing a single case of total abetalipoproteinemia (LDL = 0) where plaque has built up in the aterial wall or led to a MI after a plaque rupture.

Your studies you talk about are probably flawed in the way of not measuring LDL throughout life instead at a few points at most.

What does obesity have to do with LDL?

@adssx This looks very promising. I hope there are no long-term side effects!

However, it states it is an adjunct to statins? Therefore you need to take a statin and ezetimibe as well to get 50-60%? So, it just adds an extra 10%?

In July 2021, we reported positive results from a Phase 2 study of oral obicetrapib demonstrating more than 50% LDL-lowering as an adjunct to high-intensity statins showing an oral dose of obicetrapib could potentially address the substantial unmet need for patients whose LDL-C levels and cardiovascular risk remain too high despite being treated.

Suboptimal apoB has known long-term side effects.
Pharmaceuticals, unknown.

No it adds 50%.

2 Likes

Well, then I hope it has an exceptional Phase 3 trial and will be available at a reasonable price soon! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

https://www.mdpi.com/2077-0383/12/10/3414

Don’t know if this has already been posted but it’s recent and seems to cover most every alternative to statins out there. In the conclusions it ranks them and likes Bergamot, Red Yeast Rice, Berberine (also talks about aged garlic and the combo of CoQ10 and Selenium).
" It is important to highlight that statins cannot be replaced by nutraceuticals, as statins remain the cornerstone of lipid-lowering therapy. More studies are needed to investigate the lipid-lowering effects using robust modern clinical trial methodology involving statins. Nutraceuticals used to treat dyslipidemia have been gaining popularity with both patients and clinicians . They can be used in patients who have SAMS or other side effects from statins. They can be considered in patients with dyslipidemia but who are ineligible for statin therapy. Nutraceuticals can also be used when patients have a strong preference over conventional therapies."
I started out just to learn more about ApoB and ApoB/ApoA-1 ratio and Lp(a) as better (or additional) blood tests to the standard lipid panel.
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0735109713030763

Hello John, I am new to Rapamycin news and catching up. I read your blog referenced, quite informative especially that MK7 can causes sleep disturbances. I am experiencing it and now experimenting with it.

There is literature/ studies especially from Japan in use of MK4 in high doses (45 mg ) for reversing Osteoporosis. Are you or any one aware of similar studies in removing calcium from arteries with MK4. I am interested in switching to MK4 from MK7.

Yes, the study is designed this way (same as studies that got PCSK9i approved). It is the easiest way to show the drug is effective in further statistical lowering of major adverse cardiovascular events. But the drug can be taken alone or in combination with other lipid lowering strategies. Seems like an really interesting drug.

If you are interested you can listen to John Kastelein

6 Likes

I wrote a page looking at MK4 and MK7 which is here:

Osteoporosis is a failure of stem cells to differentiate into osteoblasts. Mk4 may help with the creation of better quality bones, but the issue of differentiation is one that my citrate protocol is designed to deal with and information is here:

Personally I would think MK7 would be more likely to get the results on removing calcium from where it should not be. This may vary from person to person, but probably doesn’t.

MK7 provides more ATP and generally that has to be a good thing even if it is best to cycle it and it will potentially cause sleep disruption. (because your cells have more energy).

2 Likes

Let’s hope :pray: Do they plan to do a trial on statin-free patients (as their first lipid-lowering treatment)?

2 Likes

6 Likes

Thanks John, much appreciated. Ash

OK - this is another discussion thread that is waaaay too long. Looking at the top summary of the thread…

There are 2998 replies with an estimated read time of 536 minutes .

So I’m closing this thread (please start a new one if you want to continue the discussion).

I’ll see if I can break this thread up into any logical segments that are smaller… but its always hard because threads tend to meander all over the place.

6 Likes