Questions for Dr. Richard Miller (Summer 2023)

Re: GLP agonist proposal - I already did! Sadly got rejected from the ITP for 2024 cohort. Don’t know why he’s recommending to submit one, actually. Pill form semaglutide (Rybelsus) has very low bioavailability, and unfortunately none of the literature studied in rodents is through oral challenge; instead, semaglutide is administered i.p. Also, GLP-1 agonist administration in mice has some flimsy kinda BS literature about increased prevalence of thyroid cancer, which they had reservations about.

If you’d like, I could share my proposal here! I think it gives a thorough motivation for why it should be tested (and it’s disappointing they didn’t see its potential).

3 Likes

Please do. That way people can use it as a reference point. Perhaps there is additional evidence / papers that you missed that a person may want to add, etc.

1 Like

Semaglutide Proposal FINAL DRAFT (1).pdf (310.9 KB)

1 Like

Nicely done - that seems to be a well-written and presented proposal. How many proposals did you submit in total?

Just one this past February.

Was your proposal for the oral intake or injection of semaglutide?

it was for oral intake

I’d be in contributing to any new attempts with the proposal :slight_smile: @DeStrider

1 Like

It would be great if we could get an ITP Application team of volunteers to discuss and create (and share the burden) of creating an annual group of ITP compound applications! The more scientific expertise the better (and perhaps grant application writing experience may be helpful too… these seem a little bit like science grant applications I’ve been involved in, in the past).

3 Likes

One other thing… it would be really nice to get all (or as many as possible) of the past submissions / proposals to the ITP on new compounds to test. I’ve asked Richard about getting these, but he has suggested he wouldn’t be providing them. I guess that companies that present data about supplements or compounds may not want it public, and may include proprietary information.

But - it seems that most of this information and most of the proposals are likely not companies and are just researchers or individuals doing the submissions, based on public information. It would be nice to have copies of all these past submissions.

I’m wondering if we could get access to all of these past submissions (so we can publish them here) - in part so that people are not wasting time and effort by duplicating submissions that have already failed…

A “Freedom of Information Act” (FOIA) request would seem to be the way to go.

Anyone here have any experience with this type of thing?

https://www.foia.gov/how-to.html

https://www.archives.gov/foia#:~:text=The%20Freedom%20of%20Information%20Act,under%20one%20of%20nine%20exemptions.

4 Likes

I look forward to the release of data for the ITP 2020 cohort about to be released in oct/nov 2023. Especially the data for Canagliflozin (Cana) - Stage II, 180 ppm, starting at 16 mo. And also the data for alpha-ketoglutarate (AKG), 20,000 ppm, starting at 18 mo. acarbose was effective even when started in late life. Hopefully (Cana) can show a similar effect.

5 Likes

Just read this, Epic indeed and thank you so much @DeStrider

2 Likes

Anyone know when the 2019-2020 wave of studies paper(s) is/are coming out, feels like it should have been by now?

1 Like