Question for the Forum Ladies: Any Cycle Changes with Rapamycin?

Hi RapaLadies :dancer:

Firstly, I apologize if this topic is sensitive for anyone. Just reaching out to share a bit of my experience and gather some of yours, if you feel comfortable. After my second ever dose of rapamycin, my period decided to show up a week ahead of schedule! I haven’t made / observed any other notable changes that usually prompt this (like stress, weight change, travel), but I did come across a paper (Menstrual disorders associated with sirolimus treatment - PubMed) indicating rapamycin might affect our cycles.

For those who do feel comfortable sharing, I was wondering if any of you have had a similar experience with your menstrual timing after taking rapamycin? And for those of you who did have cycle irregularities - did your cycles eventually get back to normal with continued rapamycin use?

1 Like

As it for me, I think RAPA makes my circle more regular, and it also seems to lengthen my cycle,from 28 to 30 days.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing! Did your cycle adjust smoothly right away or did you notice any irregularities at first before it lengthened to 30 days?

1 Like

Last year I had about three months of Rapamycin vacation . during this days, my cycle shortened to 26 days, I was shocked but it could have been just a fluke situation. I resumed my regimen and logged it from January 1 this year, and so far my cycle has stabilized at 30 days. I love rapa,in every sense of the word.

1 Like

You may want to review this thread as people have been commenting on rapamycin use both in terms of fertility and menopause, which may be relevant to your interests: Women Taking Rapamycin for Enhanced Fertility / Menopause Prevention?

2 Likes

I pesonally have seen alterations ( or none or súper heavy and longer) but am not even a year in, and haven’t been very consistent ( due to skin eruptions in the first 6 months) and it may also be my age so I think that things may stabilise in the near future now that am getting more consistent in ±10 day doses … (let’s see what the next month brings😉)

1 Like