Push Health prescribing experience

I used pushhealth, too. Despite what I asked for, I got an Rx for 30 1mg tabs without any conversation.

I won’t use them again. I will order from India, and/or get a local doc to Rx.

3 Likes

Another option is to use CallOnDoc once you have an Rx to easily get a renewal, they charge $79.99 for 6 months supply (90 days with 1 refill).

Push Health is a crapshoot depending on who you get assigned to, but I had luck my first try. I told them I had an Rx for Acarbose (which I did, but small # from agelessrx.com) and asked for 50 mg 3x/day for “Blood Glucose Control”, and I got lucky I guess bc the NP gave it to me, even though my HbA1C is 4.7. (I had to upload recent labs.)

Then I used CallOnDoc to get 6 month refill for cheaper than going back to Push.

3 Likes

It’s much easier here in Hong Kong. For $25 USD, the doctor will write me prescriptions for whatever I want in whatever quantity I ask for. It’s nice to be treated like an adult who can make my own decisions.

2 Likes

FYI, Just sent a request to pushhealth, below is what I got in reply:

Thank You for contacting us.
Regarding your question, rapamycin is a medication that has gained attention in the field of longevity research due to its potential effects on lifespan and healthspan. It is an immunosuppressant drug initially developed for use in organ transplant recipients to prevent organ rejection. However, studies in various organisms, including mice, have suggested that rapamycin may have beneficial effects on aging and lifespan.
Research on rapamycin’s potential anti-aging effects is still ongoing, and its use for longevity purposes is not yet approved by regulatory authorities such as the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Most of the studies investigating the effects of rapamycin on lifespan have been conducted on animal models, particularly mice, rather than humans.
Given the current state of research, it is not recommended for individuals to self-administer rapamycin for the purpose of longevity without proper medical supervision. At the moment Doctor Haider is not prescribing rapamycin for this purpose as this researches are not conclusive and are still ongoing.
Please, always feel free to contact us whenever you have any concerns.
Regards
Dr. Ifechukwudeni Richard Oyem
Medical Assistant
Dr. Syed Haider’s Office

3 Likes

Well at least they did a little bit of research before denying you. If nothing else we are educating the system…

3 Likes

@Octavia , if you really want to go through Pushealth, ask for another provider, and they’ll give you one.

My first rapa Rx was through Pushhealth (before I realized how much cheaper and easier it was to order from India) and I had no problem getting an Rx. Just expensive.

That was only about 7 months ago.

3 Likes

FWIW

I have used Push Health {found out about this site through this forum in February of 2022] for rapmycin

Have used Push Health 4 time always the same physician, paid $70.00 first time, $65.00 the other three times.

Two where for new prescriptions, two for refills. All where one prescription and two refills per visit/request/consultation.

Prescription was sent to a local pharmacy. Insurance paid.

For me, very well worth the $65.00/$70.00 per visit cost.

I have no financial interest in Push Health.

4 Likes

Drugs.com lists these FDA approved suppliers of Sirolimus (generic Rapamune)…
Since FDA approves this for transplant patients it, to me, is a significant degree of assurance that you are not getting fake meds… So no matter the price discount for something else, STICK with this list.

sirolimus tablet;oral

• Manufacturer: ALKEM LABS LTD
    Approval date: March 12, 2021
    Strength(s): 0.5MG [AB], 1MG [AB], 2MG [AB]
  • Manufacturer: DR REDDYS
    Approval date: October 27, 2014
    Strength(s): 1MG [AB], 2MG [AB]
  • Manufacturer: GLENMARK PHARMS LTD
    Approval date: October 16, 2020
    Strength(s): 0.5MG [AB], 1MG [AB], 2MG [AB]
  • Manufacturer: ZYDUS PHARMS
    Approval date: January 8, 2014
    Strength(s): 0.5MG [AB]
  • Manufacturer: ZYDUS PHARMS
    Approval date: February 15, 2023
    Strength(s): 1MG [AB], 2MG [AB]
2 Likes

I just used Push Health, got a 90 pills at 1 mg each no refills. I don’t see a secondary charge for the prescription, yet.

2 Likes

The prescription charge is from the pharmacy. They use a place called Honeybee Heath, which seems to work fine.

1 Like

I had mine sent to Walgreen’s. Have not picked it up yet as it is not yet in stock. Will see if there is a charge other than the meds.

Does everyone understand that this is an immunosuppressive drug? Now that Covid is over and everyone has stopped with “make up your own cure” BS, do you feel dumb? Your immune system kills cancer cells before they become full-blown cancer. Suppressing your immune system will leave you vulnerable to pathogens as well as more likely to develop cancer. I hope none of you have died, but I wouldn’t be surprised either.

Rapamycin is an immunomodulator that makes you more susceptible to bacterial infections but more resistant to viruses. If taken daily and for the intent of immunosuppression, it can be used for that. Rapamycin is shown to have many additional health benefits regarding the prevention of senescent cells and inflammation. There are many scientific papers that have been published and you can find them here on this forum. Please read up on the research before making any snap responses that make you seem uninformed.

3 Likes

What do you think medical school is for? Just for street cred or to impress someone’s parents? It’s 9+ years of education. They know more than you, accept it.

1 Like

Do you know that many participants here are MDs and scientists.

Here’s a good interview from a distinguished researcher on Rapamycin I recommend you watch. I hope a PHD and decades of medical research is enough experience for you?

4 Likes

Doctors who understand rapamycin understand that it modulates the immune system and in a many dosages improves immune function.

Very few doctors have ever had a cause to prescribe rapamycin and so only know if it’s most popular usage, daily at high doses, to suppress immune function consistently.

3 Likes

So what? That doesn’t mean they know more than me. Sure they know more than me in some areas, but I also know more than them in other areas. I wouldn’t claim to know more than the average doctor about how to perform surgery or other things very specific to medical school education that I did not study, but on the other hand I would be very surprised if I met a doctor that knows more than me about nutrition, supplements and life-extension science since that’s what I have been studying for two decades, and that’s not taught in medical school. In any case, the knowledge is besides the point here. The point about signing a waver has nothing to do with knowledge. It has to do with freedom and responsibility. Even if I knew nothing about rapamycin, I should still be able to take it if I take responsibility for doing so, freeing the doctor from any responsibility for prescribing it to me. It is after all my own body that will be effected positively or negatively nobody else’s.

3 Likes

You’re lost. Average doctors don’t know or claim to know about performing surgery; surgeons who have an additional 4-7 years of experience perform surgery after 9-12 years of medical school. Supplements are great, sometimes. Surgery is great, sometimes. Pharmaceuticals are beyond surgeons, MD’s, and self-taught health experts. If you had the education you wouldn’t try to Rx pharmaceutical drugs for yourself or others. It’s because you don’t have the knowledge, that’s why you think it’s so simple.

Final thought for you… if you know so much why didn’t you invent, discover, or patent the chemical which is not naturally found on Earth, but man made? That should give you food for thought, smarty pants.

Olaufurpsll,

5 Likes