Push Health prescribing experience

Does everyone understand that this is an immunosuppressive drug? Now that Covid is over and everyone has stopped with “make up your own cure” BS, do you feel dumb? Your immune system kills cancer cells before they become full-blown cancer. Suppressing your immune system will leave you vulnerable to pathogens as well as more likely to develop cancer. I hope none of you have died, but I wouldn’t be surprised either.

Rapamycin is an immunomodulator that makes you more susceptible to bacterial infections but more resistant to viruses. If taken daily and for the intent of immunosuppression, it can be used for that. Rapamycin is shown to have many additional health benefits regarding the prevention of senescent cells and inflammation. There are many scientific papers that have been published and you can find them here on this forum. Please read up on the research before making any snap responses that make you seem uninformed.

3 Likes

What do you think medical school is for? Just for street cred or to impress someone’s parents? It’s 9+ years of education. They know more than you, accept it.

1 Like

Do you know that many participants here are MDs and scientists.

Here’s a good interview from a distinguished researcher on Rapamycin I recommend you watch. I hope a PHD and decades of medical research is enough experience for you?

4 Likes

Doctors who understand rapamycin understand that it modulates the immune system and in a many dosages improves immune function.

Very few doctors have ever had a cause to prescribe rapamycin and so only know if it’s most popular usage, daily at high doses, to suppress immune function consistently.

3 Likes

So what? That doesn’t mean they know more than me. Sure they know more than me in some areas, but I also know more than them in other areas. I wouldn’t claim to know more than the average doctor about how to perform surgery or other things very specific to medical school education that I did not study, but on the other hand I would be very surprised if I met a doctor that knows more than me about nutrition, supplements and life-extension science since that’s what I have been studying for two decades, and that’s not taught in medical school. In any case, the knowledge is besides the point here. The point about signing a waver has nothing to do with knowledge. It has to do with freedom and responsibility. Even if I knew nothing about rapamycin, I should still be able to take it if I take responsibility for doing so, freeing the doctor from any responsibility for prescribing it to me. It is after all my own body that will be effected positively or negatively nobody else’s.

3 Likes

You’re lost. Average doctors don’t know or claim to know about performing surgery; surgeons who have an additional 4-7 years of experience perform surgery after 9-12 years of medical school. Supplements are great, sometimes. Surgery is great, sometimes. Pharmaceuticals are beyond surgeons, MD’s, and self-taught health experts. If you had the education you wouldn’t try to Rx pharmaceutical drugs for yourself or others. It’s because you don’t have the knowledge, that’s why you think it’s so simple.

Final thought for you… if you know so much why didn’t you invent, discover, or patent the chemical which is not naturally found on Earth, but man made? That should give you food for thought, smarty pants.

Olaufurpsll,

5 Likes

They said. “Oh, no, I’d lose my license!”

First time ordering, and I decided to try Push Health. I applied for a refill although I didn’t have an existing prescription. I asked for Sirolimus 2 mg x 90 tabs. My prescription came back as I’d ordered and then I had it sent to CVS. GoodRx gave me a price of $152 for the 90 tabs which was the best price shown. They are currently “out-of-stock”, but have ordered these for me. So far … so good. I’ll update when I receive the actual prescription.

So, $70 for Push Health plus $152 for 180mg of Sirolimus. $1.23/mg

4 Likes

Thats a good price. Thanks for posting!

1 Like

From a different perspective, as a physician, I have tried to join Push Health. 6 months later, my application is still being processed, with 500 applications ahead of me lol.

4 Likes

I finally got into town to pick up this prescription. I presented my GoodRx coupon for $152, but the pharmacist came back and told me that it had rung-up as $59. :joy:

So my end cost for 180mg (90 2mg tabs) was about $130 or $0.72/mg

BTW, per KarT’s post, I was able to sign up to Push Health within about 10 minutes and had my first request in within another 10 minutes.

4 Likes

I tried Pushealth this morning. I requested a refill for 180 1mg tabs. The doctor replied in 2 minutes and asked what my dosage was, I stated 6mg once per week. 30 min later the prescription was sent for 72 tabs, because he cannot fill more than a 3 month supply. Overall, I cannot complain about the service. Final cost is around $1.80 per pill.
I am in Wisconsin and my doctor was Muhammad Imran, MD. Myself and others have had a good experience using him.

3 Likes

Interesting. Anyone have success asking for a higher dose for. 90 day supply?

1 Like

I’ve been getting 90 day supplies of 5mg/week

I think that would work. Requesting like 12 mg per week for 3 months would bring down the cost and prescription fee frequency.

2 Likes

My experience was the Dr I was assigned told me she only treats chronic and acute conditions, go to my PCP and immediately cancelled me. Not impressed AT ALL.

1 Like

It seems the doctors here are a really mixed bag. Some are good. Some not so much.

1 Like