Push Health prescribing experience

I am sure that is why my doctor who is employed by a university medical system will not prescribe anything out of the ordinary.
He is very smart, but I soon hit a brick wall if I want to discuss possible life-extension drugs.

4 Likes

The insurance side is an issue. There is probably a market for insurance for medics who are willing to operate a less conservative approach when it comes to longevity. However, I have concluded myself that coached biohacking is the most practical mechanism to enable people to work in this area.

5 Likes

Why is it not possible to simply sign a waiver stating that you take full responsibility for the drug and will not sue if anything bad happens?

2 Likes

People do get those forms signed but they end up being meaningless from what I understand. Even though I am a psychiatrist, technically I could perform surgery on people, but no form they fill out will protect me from getting sued if I have provided poor-quality medical care.

6 Likes

Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories is what I received under Cigna… prescription by my General Practioner… from American pharmacy. It is legit… and used in the Triad dog studies… I think.

I just tend to bark more often… WOOF!

2 Likes

I think Matt used Zydus rapamycin in the first pilot study of rapamycin in dogs (prior to the larger TRIAD project). I think he might be using the new TriumVet product in the dog aging project now - he includes their logo a lot in the presentations he gives.

But, its not listed on TriumVet’s clinical trial page, so I could be wrong. I’ll check next time I talk with him:

https://www.triviumvet.com/clinical-trials

2 Likes

July 22nd - Argonaut wrote…
Yes. There was a study I saw, on dogs I believe, that specified the brands of rapamycin used. They used Zydus and Dr. Reddy. They likely wanted brands they could depend on to be consistent.

I double checked and Triad used Zydus. Not sure who used the Dr. Reddy that argonaut mentioned. Nevertheless, Dr. Reddy is good rapamycin dope!

2 Likes

Decided to try Push Health. Maybe my approach wasn’t the right one?

TLDR I was not at all happy with Push Health!

Paid $64.98 to talk with a NP (I asked for a doctor). They prescribed 6mg once every other week for two months, so a total of 24mg. To finalize the prescription they wanted to charge me $79 + $14.99 service fee. That’s not including the cost of the Sirolimus (which would likely add another $96 to the cost. In total it would work out to be $254.97 for 24 MG. That’s more than $10 per 1 MG. Also, I’d need to pay $79 + $14.99 again after two months (plus the cost of the medication).

Full conversation with Push Health is just below. Names (mine and theirs) were omitted.

Push Health - Tue, Feb 21 2023, 12:09pm

We would like to take this opportunity to welcome you to our practice and to thank you for choosing Nurse Practitioner (name omitted) Office to participate in your healthcare. We look forward to providing you with personalized, comprehensive health care focusing on wellness and prevention. (name omitted)

• May I know if have you taken Sirolimus before? If yes, how do you take/use it daily? Send an old prescription bottle as well.
  • What is your diagnosis for taking this medicine?
  • May I know your current height and weight?
    Let us know, thank you.

Me - Tue, Feb 21 2023, 12:15pm

I am interested in trying Rapamycin (Sirolimus) to ameliorate aging conditions. I am xx years old (xx next month), in relatively good health, but have definitely been feeling some aging. Although my diet is quite good and I exercise. I have heard from others how Rapamycin helped them feel great.

I would like to talk about the use of Rapamycin by well persons, not at the daily dose of transplant patients but at a 5mg/week level cited in Mannick, below. My understanding is that R. extends life-span and health-span in every animal tested.

Here are 3 resources:

Dr Kaeberlein’s explanation in video: Matt Kaeberlein | Aging Interventions - Rapamycin, mTOR, CR, Sirtuins, NAD+ & Dog Aging Project - YouTube 4

Dr. Mannick’s 2014 paper: https://bit.ly/2BLOi6l 5

Podcast on ITP research (44:45): #148 - Richard Miller, M.D., Ph.D.: The gold standard for testing longevity drugs: the Interventions Testing Program - Peter Attia 7

I have not taken Sirolimus before. Am 6 foot 1 inch and I am 166 pounds. I would take it once per week. Ideally 10mg once per week.

Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns about my request.
Warm Regards,
(my name omitted)

Push Health - Tue, Feb 21 2023, 12:36pm

This is all noted. Please give us some time, as we will relay your concerns to our provider. If more information is required, we will send a message. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Me - Tue, Feb 21 2023, 12:45pm

Thank you. I’ll wait.

Push Health - Tue, Feb 21 2023, 1:21pm

Hi as per the provider we recommend:

• Sirolimus 2mg tab, take 6mg (3 tabs) inter-weekly (one week yes one no) for 2 months; qty12.
    Is this okay with you? Please let us know. Thank you.

Me - Tue, Feb 21 2023, 1:55pm

That’s much lower than I was hoping for. Can the dosage be increased in the future if I have no side effects during the first two months?

Push Health - Tue, Feb 21 2023, 3:16pm

As per provider this is not a treatment approved by the FDA and there is poor evidence on how to send it for antiaging. thank you.

Me - Tue, Feb 21 2023, 3:37pm

OK understood. After two months prescription is utilized can I request a refill? I am ok to start with amount recommended.

Push Health - Tue, Feb 21 2023, 3:45pm

Yes, you can. We also wanted to inform you that for 2 months’ supply the fee is $49 plus a PUSH service fee of $14.99 is this okay with you? Let us know thank you.

Sorry for the typo. The 2 months’ supply fee is $79 plus a PUSH service fee of $14.99 is this okay with you? Let us know thank you.

Me - Tue, Feb 21 2023, 3:55pm

So $79 is the cost of the medication? Will it be mailed to me?

Push Health - Tue, Feb 21 2023, 4:02pm

$79 is the cost of the prescription, it will be sent directly to your preferred pharmacy. For the price of the medication, you need to contact your preferred pharmacy. Let us know Thank you.

Me - Tue, Feb 21 2023, 4:31pm

One last question, do I need to pay $79 again in two months to get a refill?

Push Health - Tue, Feb 21 2023, 5:07pm

Yes, refill for 2 months supply the fee s $79 plus Push service fee. Thank you.

Me - Tue, Feb 21 2023, 5:13pm

No thanks, that’s much too high. I don’t feel comfortable with that arrangement.

3 Likes

Wow. Pardon my French, but $%#@% that!

Just buy online from Jagdish Nikose or one of the other reputable Indian vendors.

3 Likes

I used pushhealth, too. Despite what I asked for, I got an Rx for 30 1mg tabs without any conversation.

I won’t use them again. I will order from India, and/or get a local doc to Rx.

3 Likes

Another option is to use CallOnDoc once you have an Rx to easily get a renewal, they charge $79.99 for 6 months supply (90 days with 1 refill).

Push Health is a crapshoot depending on who you get assigned to, but I had luck my first try. I told them I had an Rx for Acarbose (which I did, but small # from agelessrx.com) and asked for 50 mg 3x/day for “Blood Glucose Control”, and I got lucky I guess bc the NP gave it to me, even though my HbA1C is 4.7. (I had to upload recent labs.)

Then I used CallOnDoc to get 6 month refill for cheaper than going back to Push.

3 Likes

It’s much easier here in Hong Kong. For $25 USD, the doctor will write me prescriptions for whatever I want in whatever quantity I ask for. It’s nice to be treated like an adult who can make my own decisions.

2 Likes

FYI, Just sent a request to pushhealth, below is what I got in reply:

Thank You for contacting us.
Regarding your question, rapamycin is a medication that has gained attention in the field of longevity research due to its potential effects on lifespan and healthspan. It is an immunosuppressant drug initially developed for use in organ transplant recipients to prevent organ rejection. However, studies in various organisms, including mice, have suggested that rapamycin may have beneficial effects on aging and lifespan.
Research on rapamycin’s potential anti-aging effects is still ongoing, and its use for longevity purposes is not yet approved by regulatory authorities such as the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Most of the studies investigating the effects of rapamycin on lifespan have been conducted on animal models, particularly mice, rather than humans.
Given the current state of research, it is not recommended for individuals to self-administer rapamycin for the purpose of longevity without proper medical supervision. At the moment Doctor Haider is not prescribing rapamycin for this purpose as this researches are not conclusive and are still ongoing.
Please, always feel free to contact us whenever you have any concerns.
Regards
Dr. Ifechukwudeni Richard Oyem
Medical Assistant
Dr. Syed Haider’s Office

3 Likes

Well at least they did a little bit of research before denying you. If nothing else we are educating the system…

3 Likes

@Octavia , if you really want to go through Pushealth, ask for another provider, and they’ll give you one.

My first rapa Rx was through Pushhealth (before I realized how much cheaper and easier it was to order from India) and I had no problem getting an Rx. Just expensive.

That was only about 7 months ago.

3 Likes

FWIW

I have used Push Health {found out about this site through this forum in February of 2022] for rapmycin

Have used Push Health 4 time always the same physician, paid $70.00 first time, $65.00 the other three times.

Two where for new prescriptions, two for refills. All where one prescription and two refills per visit/request/consultation.

Prescription was sent to a local pharmacy. Insurance paid.

For me, very well worth the $65.00/$70.00 per visit cost.

I have no financial interest in Push Health.

4 Likes

Drugs.com lists these FDA approved suppliers of Sirolimus (generic Rapamune)…
Since FDA approves this for transplant patients it, to me, is a significant degree of assurance that you are not getting fake meds… So no matter the price discount for something else, STICK with this list.

sirolimus tablet;oral

• Manufacturer: ALKEM LABS LTD
    Approval date: March 12, 2021
    Strength(s): 0.5MG [AB], 1MG [AB], 2MG [AB]
  • Manufacturer: DR REDDYS
    Approval date: October 27, 2014
    Strength(s): 1MG [AB], 2MG [AB]
  • Manufacturer: GLENMARK PHARMS LTD
    Approval date: October 16, 2020
    Strength(s): 0.5MG [AB], 1MG [AB], 2MG [AB]
  • Manufacturer: ZYDUS PHARMS
    Approval date: January 8, 2014
    Strength(s): 0.5MG [AB]
  • Manufacturer: ZYDUS PHARMS
    Approval date: February 15, 2023
    Strength(s): 1MG [AB], 2MG [AB]
2 Likes

I just used Push Health, got a 90 pills at 1 mg each no refills. I don’t see a secondary charge for the prescription, yet.

2 Likes

The prescription charge is from the pharmacy. They use a place called Honeybee Heath, which seems to work fine.

1 Like

I had mine sent to Walgreen’s. Have not picked it up yet as it is not yet in stock. Will see if there is a charge other than the meds.