Peptides / Bioregulators

Glycine and N-acetylcysteine (GlyNAC) supplementation in older adults improves glutathione deficiency, oxidative stress, mitochondrial dysfunction, inflammation, insulin resistance, endothelial dysfunction, genotoxicity, muscle strength, and cognition

It looks like supplementing right with glutathione does interfere with the natural production of this tiny tripeptide molecule, downregulating it as our body senses it is ‘saturated’ of this compound. GlyNAC provides our organism with the ‘bricks’ it needs to solve in a natural way its deficiency, in other words as much as it needs, as the study above states.

2 Likes

Crossing fingers here :crossed_fingers:

I inject .2 ml of BPC157 after 15 mg have diluted with 7.5 ml of water , to assist the pulled ligament in my shoulder

1 Like

@Deeinflorida, @ksbradley, @AgentSmith, @Chloe, et. al.

I have just completed a round of Visoluten for early stage macula. The protocol was two capsules a day for a month, but the maintenance dose is much lower. Unless my eyes are playing tricks on me, the treatment seems to be working. I’ll know more next month when I see my retina doc.

I obtained some benefit from BPC-157, but each dose is effective for only six hours. This has been my experience and it accords with insights provided by Jean-Francois Tremblay, a very knowledgeable guest who appeared on a Ben Greenfield podcast. Tremblay runs a peptide manufacturing company in Canada, which has recently suspended operations. Its website–CanLab–says the suspension will be temporary.

Given the short half-life of BPC-157, I’ve had much better results with TB-500, which, according to Tremblay, remains effective for 10-15 days post injection. I’m using it in combination with PT–the McKenzie Exercises–for a labral tear and a herniated disk. The relief has been remarkable, certainly worth the money.

The Visoluten was $135 for a month’s supply, which remains effective for two or three months after. The TB-500 is about $135 for a 10-mg vial. The recommended dose of TB-500 is 2 mg twice a week for the first couple of weeks, and then smaller doses on an as-needed basis. You’ll go through the first vial fairly quickly and will probably want a second vial, depending on how well you respond to the first–if, of course, you respond at all. Not everyone does. Personally, I am pleased to have discovered peptides on this site,

4 Likes

Thanks for the update on the visoluten. I might be interested if it had more permanent effects, so I need to think about that one a bit. BPC for 2-3 weeks seems to give me pain reduction for about twice that many weeks after I stop, and much longer lasting improvements in digestion (months). I can’t share sources anymore, but if you do some hunting on various forums you can find TB-500 for about 1/5th that price (i.e. wholesalers) with independent purity and quantity testing. I would just encourage anybody interested in peptides to be diligent about searching out sources, and then verify that the source has been thoroughly vetted by others. Many easy-to-find vendors are convenient but are selling wholesale products at many multiples of their cost.

2 Likes

Tremblay said that the Chinese are the primary if not the only wholesalers of peptides, because they have the technical skill and all of the equipment. They sell in bulk to American sellers, not the powder alone but the powder in the vials, and they’ll even make the labels for you. As everyone knows, however, the Chinese can’t be trusted. If they make a bad batch or a contaminated batch, they won’t be shy about shipping it here.

Still, I will hunt down the wholesaler you alluded to. As Chloe said, these things can get pricey. If your source can make the peptides here and document the purity, it would be a good source to have.

Nor am I surprised that you found some extended benefit from the BPC-157. By lasting “six hours,” I think he meant the action of the peptide, the peptide going where it goes and doing what it does. It may promote a small amount of healing, but that healing doesn’t go away unless the inflammation returns, which it might.

1 Like

Re: China, most do sell bulk powers and lyophilized vials - your choice (but don’t choose bulk unless it’s an ingestible) - and there are quite a few reliable vendors who value their client base. The reality is much better than the public perception. Most who have the worst opinions haven’t actually dealt with the vendors themselves - they’re just repeating what they’ve heard. And the bad stories on the internets are exceptions rather than the rule. The most common of the poor outcomes is an underdosed but pure product. One has to do some homework, but it is well worth it.

It makes sense about the 6 hrs. Tremblay has always been a good source of information. Very knowledgeable and trustworthy guy for the most part.

3 Likes

My peptides don’t come from China , the writing is in Greek. I’m ordering another Visulen to see if my eyesight improves more, I will keep you posted

1 Like

Based on what I was told by an industry insider I would bet you a gyro and a bottle of raki that the material is Chinese. Even the compounded versions sold in the United States are typically sourced from Chinese supply. China is to peptides as India is to pharmaceuticals. I’m not talking about bioregulators, of course.

That said, if the Greeks have found an ex-China wholesaler or if they do their own manufacturing, I would really like to know because I have some contacts who broker large wholesale imports and are always looking for alternatives to China. That would be fantastic.

3 Likes

Mine are from Cyorus/Russia according to the info on the package , the address for any complaints is in Russia. Cyorus is very connected to Russia for distribution of many products. I lived in Cyprus for 6 years so I recognized the Greek writing , I can send you a screen shot of the address in Russia if you are interested

I buy from QI Supplements if that helps

vlad@qisupplements.com
That’s the email address I get my confirmation from

That would be great! The Chinese export authorities are the main source of concern, with random crackdowns and unpredictable policy changes.

1 Like

I do a daily combo shot of BPC-157 (500ug) + TB500 (500ug) - 3 weeks a month as a prophylactic.

They are quite synergistic.

Both these peptides enhance healing but through different pathways. Using them together provides a higher level of healing capability compared to using each individually.

For example, BPC 157 increases VEGF receptors, TB-500 increases VEGF production which illustrates how these 2 peptides work to together to increase the benefit. VEGF (Vascular endothelial growth factor) helps encourage the growth of new blood vessels.

This is called combination therapy and is commonly used in other areas of drugs, treatments and therapies.

Step 1, Sensitize a receptor and Step 2, increase production of what the receptor can accept.

OR in some cases desensitize a receptor and reduce what it can accept, if that is the objective.

Modulatory effects of BPC 157 on vasomotor tone and the activation of Src-Caveolin-1-endothelial nitric oxide synthase pathway

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7555539/

2 Likes

To manage a combination of 2 peptides with different half lives, you have 2 choices;

1. take them individually at different schedules, for example BPC daily, TB 3 times a week. For me I’d rather have a more consistent process so it’s easier to keep track of.

2. combine them in 1 vial and take one shot per day of both. To do that one would sort out the half life difference and compensate. Since BPC has the short h/l one shot a day is fine. For the TB with the longer h/l you might consider a smaller daily dose with a targeted daily “accumulation” level. So this is my little process… I decided I’d want “1” for my daily target, which I did and a few months ago I increased it a bit as indicated in the chart below.

TB-500 schedule to address half life of ~2 days
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Total Weekly
mg 100% 0.50 0.50 0.50 0.50 0.50 0.50 0.50 3.50
75% 0.38 0.38 0.38 0.38 0.38 0.38
50% 0.25 0.25 0.25 0.25 0.25
37% 0.19 0.19 0.19 0.19
25% 0.13 0.13 0.13
Accumulated 0.50 0.88 1.13 1.31 1.44 1.44 1.44
Target 1 1 1 1 1 1 1
1 Like

Couldn’t find the data posted elsewhere. To what extent did SS-31 improve your kidney function? Did your GFR go up? My GFR is 40, up from 16 five years ago. A vegetarian diet helped, as did a high daily dose of sodium bicarbonate.

I’ve looked at about a dozen papers that extol the virtues of SS-31. What dosage did you use and how often? Jay Campell says 4 mg per day, which makes it cost prohibitive, the problem with many of these peptides.

@Steve_Combi

Nice work on the chart, Steve. Is your last name Combi, or is that short for combination.

@Deeinflorida

I’ll bet you a bowl of borscht and a bottle of vodka that the writing isn’t Greek but Russian. The Russian language, which I studied for two years in high school, is derived from Greek and many parts of their alphabets overlap.

@AgentSmith

All the supplements are from Russia, but Qi, the distributor, does offer wholesale prices for select customers.

2 Likes

I may have deleted the post for other reasons. The short story is I did 5mg/day for 25 days straight, and my creatinine dropped from 1.13-1.14 to 1.09. It had tested at 1.13-1.14 for 6 months (4 tests, oscillating between those values). You may say that’s a small drop (I agree), but it had been steady for a long time and my diet and supplementation are very uniform. My eGFR was always high, but I believe SS-31 boosted it to the 118 (by cystatin-c) that I had at the end of the treatment.

I do know of someone who did 50mg 2x/wk for 8 weeks to get her eGFR from 80–>92.

Cost was about $100 for the 125mg. I have a more recent quote: $100/100mg (costs have gone up in the past couple months). The lowest I have been offered recently is $180/250mg.

3 Likes

@AgentSmith

I don’t think megadoses of the stuff would raise my GFR to 118, but a 10 percent rise is probably in reach. I think I can get there, though, without the aid of peptides. Nonetheless, as a newcomer to these intriguing supplements, I am tempted to try all of them.

1 Like

Tim - thanks, Combi is for combination :slight_smile: it’s how I named our supplement company Combi-nation of seno-lytics Combilytics :slight_smile:

Family name is Matheson as indicated in the various tests I posted in my personal introductory thread on this forum.

3 Likes