Participate in this New Rapamycin Study!

This is a great opportunity for everyone here to help push the rapamycin clinical science forward faster. Dudley Lamming of the Lamming Lab at University of Wisconsin sent me this information this morning. Lets support his research by participating! This is another good project being funded by the Longevity Impetus Grants group and their excellent team. If you want to move longevity science forward faster we encourage donations to Impetus Grants.

The “Evaluate the safety and efficacy of RAPamycin as a geroPROTECTor” (RAP-PROTECT) study is starting at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. We are looking to enroll adults in the continental United States between the ages of 30 and 90 that are taking or are planning to take rapamycin (sirolimus) or an analog such as everolimus under the supervision of a physician to promote healthy aging.

Participants will undergo a single blood draw and answer questions about their health.

• This is only for people in the Continental USA (you can be anywhere in the continental USA).
  • The subject needs to have a physician who is aware they are taking rapamycin and who is responsible for helping them deal with any effects of the medicine.
  • A phlebotomist will come to the house or workplace of the subject and draw the blood right then and there.
  • The study starts today and runs until it’s done, as soon as all the blood samples are complete.
  • They’re planning on perfecting whole blood transcriptomics and plasma lipidomics to get a global view of the effects of rapamycin, and then targeted assays on things like triglycerides, senescence / inflammatory markers, and glucose/insulin.
  • Results of the study may be published inside of a year if everything comes together quickly

There is a compensation of a $25 gift for participants

To Participate, Email the RAP-Protect Team Today

Send the following information to their team by email:

• Name
  • Rapamycin Status (currently taking Y/N, How Long?, Dose?)
  • Rapamycin plans if you are not yet taking it
  • City / State you live in

send by email to:

e-mail: rap-protect@medicine.wisc.edu

(Email is not a secure form of communication. Please avoid sending other sensitive personal information via email)

For more information, please contact the RAP-PROTECT study team by email, or at
phone: (608) 263-2475

Study Team Leader: Dr Dudley Lamming, Ph.D.

14 Likes

You Americans are lucky…!

1 Like

Do you have to be in Wisconsin to participate?

1 Like

No - anywhere in the continental USA.

3 Likes

It says “under the supervision of a doctor.” Does that mean that those of us who are going rogue and ordering from India are ineligible?

3 Likes

Yes - I suspect that is the case. I will check with Dudley and post an update here if anything changes.

3 Likes

Dudley responded with this, and I’ll update the main posting above too:

The subject needs to have a physician who is aware they are taking rapamycin and who is responsible for helping them deal with any effects of the medicine.

Basically I think they need you to be operating under the care of a physician with regard to rapamycin, so that their butts are covered from a legal perspective if anything bad ever happened to you (this is likely part of the IRB requirement, from the University of Wisc.)

They don’t care where you get your rapamycin, just that you have a doctor who knows you are on rapamycin and can help you if you have any issues.

6 Likes

Email sent. Thank you for sharing!

3 Likes

Sent in…
I am directly under the care of my PCP who writes my rapamycin prescription. PCP - monitors my health through blood testing every 3-4 months.

Getting great care.

4 Likes

Anyone know what they are looking for and what blood tests they will run?

1 Like

Dudley’s response was:

We’re planning to perfecting whole blood transcriptomics and plasma lipidomics to get a global view of the effects of rapamycin, and then targeted assays on things like triglycerides, senescence/inflammatory markers, and glucose/insulin.

2 Likes

This just received by email.

Dear Mr Haxton,
We are delighted that you are interested in the RAP-PROTECT study. My name is Dr Cara Green, and I am one of the scientists involved in this study.

The next step is to set up a phone call to discuss the nature of the study and eligibility. If you are willing to proceed and are eligible, we will discuss informed consent.

Please provide a phone number and choose from the below a time that would work for me to call you. The call should take around 30 minutes.

If you could choose more than one time slot that would be helpful, as we have several people signing up and your first choice may be taken. If none of the time slots work for you, let me know and we can figure something out.

Thank you for taking an interest in our study.

All the very best,
Cara

6 Likes

Hello reader,
I’ve submitted my e-mail to you in order to be considered for your Rapamycin study.
In Palm Beach, FL; please phone T: 813 928 5223.
Thank-you, Jan Stein

2 Likes

Had my interview to participate in the research with Cara today… her first person interviewed… they are looking to have about 100 total in the pool.

Looks like I might be in… signed off for blood collection.

Was all wrapped up in a half hour.

We chatted about our interactions with Matt Kaeberlein they have something together in a few weeks. She lives on the Pacific coast.

Will keep you abreast of it all.

5 Likes

I sent it in last week and still have not heard back. Lucky Jason.

2 Likes

Name: GPA
Female
Taking Rapamycin (Sirolimus) since July 2021
Took 4 mgs once a week for 10 months, then increased to 6 mgs once a week.
No side effects ever.
I live in Rye Brook, NY
Email: pg…
My doctor who prescribes Sirolimus is Dr David Lans.

4 Likes

Hi Patti,

Welcome to the forums. I edited out your full name and email address so that you don’t get spam, etc. Generally we suggest you may want to remain anonymous here since we are discussing health situations here, to maintain a level of privacy.

2 Likes

Any idea what the blood analysis involves? What markers are utilized? Do they share results of blood tests and research at conclusion with participants?

I recommend you email/contact them on the detailed questions - above I mentioned:

Dudley’s response was:

We’re planning to perfecting whole blood transcriptomics and plasma lipidomics to get a global view of the effects of rapamycin, and then targeted assays on things like triglycerides, senescence/inflammatory markers, and glucose/insulin.

2 Likes

Can you share where you are ordering from? I am just starting and looking for a reliable source. Thanks so much