Palmitoylethanolamide , Rapamycin, Metformin,

I hope I’m mistaken but I came across this recent obituary of a person with the same name and age range as the original poster of this thread :frowning:

What was his cause of death? I have been intrigued by his posts and have studied his suggestions. Any more information would be appreciated.

Oh no, that’s terrible to hear. From the obituary, it has to be him, given the background in biochemistry/pharmaceuticals. I really enjoyed his thoughtful and informative posts. I have to admit, it also a bit unsettling that someone in his 40s and presumably health-conscious and taking life-extending meds would die unexpectedly, but for all we know this could have been a car accident. I wonder if there’s any way to find out?

1 Like

I have no idea of the cause of death but it could well be a genetic anomaly, like an aneurysm, that he wasn’t even aware of until it ruptured.
If it’s reassuring, I’ve taken PEA very regularly since Covid along with rapamycin without any issues.

Thank you so much for your response. Somehow I am in shock since it was through him that I embarked on PEA and OEA.
Be well,
Shulamit

Reminiscent of Jim Fixx the jogging guru that shocked folks of my generation by suddenly dying of a heart attack.
“James Fuller Fixx (April 23, 1932 – July 20, 1984) was an American who wrote the 1977 best-selling book The Complete Book of Running. He is credited with helping start America’s fitness revolution by popularizing the sport of running and demonstrating the health benefits of regular jogging. He died of a heart attack while jogging at 52 years of age; his genetic predisposition for heart problems and other previous lifestyle factors may have caused his heart attack.[1]” Jim Fixx - Wikipedia

PEA has been around for a long time and is considered to be extremely safe. Many years ago it was noted that children who were fed egg yolks were protected from rheumatic fever after a strep infection. This was later found to be due to PEA in the yolks. It was then found to protect soldiers from the ravages of the flu. It has been extensively studied and is quite remarkable.

1 Like

It has also been reported that he was experiencing angina chest pains which he tragically chose to ignore.

It turns out there is a disease called ARVC (Arrhythmogenic Right Ventricular Cardiomyopathy | Cedars-Sinai
One of the major symptoms, apparently, is that the person falls over dead. It’s genetic, though apparently having the gene doesn’t necessarily mean one’s heart turns to fat.
Seriously:

fatty fibrous tissue replaces normal heart muscle

I’m not saying he had it (it’s rare & how could I know), just that there are things that can cause one to die suddenly no matter how healthy your lifestyle is.

1 Like

I knew a guy in med school who died in his sleep of a viral myocarditis. He was 22. It happens.

I like this idea of adding PEA to my morning blender of coffee, C8 MCT oil, and prebiotic fiber. Anything will suspend in this mixture with enough blender power.

2 Likes

Thank you so much for your response. I was wondering, do you take a break from PEA? If so, when do you take a break and for how long?
Be well,
Shulamit Leiter,Ph.D

I only use it 3-4 times / week. Don’t like to mix much with rapamycin if I can avoid it.

I just noticed that Renue by Science sells a liposomal version of PEA : https://renuebyscience.com/product/liposomal-pea-90-ct-capsules-copy/

Hello! I’m not sure anyone is still reading this thread, but I am Adam’s sister, Allison. I am his only sibling. I have been trying to settle his affairs and piece together what happened to him and I came upon this forum. Adam was incredibly bright and very interested in topics such as the ones discussed here. I miss him terribly. We are (were) only 21 months apart- he was my younger brother and we were very close.

I spoke to Adam on February 28th, 2022, the day before he died, which was March 1st. He and his estranged wife were in Florida for a golf tournament (she was trying unsuccessfully to get VC capital for a business she wanted to start), and they argued, which was not unusual, and they separated hotels. Housekeeping found him in his hotel room lying on his back, not breathing. :frowning: His death was ruled “undetermined” so I have been looking into it, with the help of law enforcement and investigators. He was only 44 and had so much life left to live. I miss him everyday.

Anyway, there is much more to the story, so please feel free to message me if you’d like.

Kindly,
Allison

2 Likes

I am Adam’s sister, Allison. Adam’s death was sudden and heartbreaking. If you’d like to message me here to learn more, please do. Thank you.

2 Likes

Hello. I am Adam’s sister, Allison. I am looking into the cause of his death. If you would like to know more, or have information, please message me here. Thank you!

1 Like

It was quite a shock to learn that such a bright, relatively young man had died so unexpectedly. His posts here certainly indicated a person of high intelligence.

It may have been entirely “natural” but I assume you would like to have a definitive explanation as to the reason.
May I ask if an autopsy was carried out?

FWIW (coming from a complete stranger on an anonymous forum) I feel for your loss and hope that you find answers.

Kind regards
“DrT”

2 Likes

Hi Allison,

As a community we are shocked and saddened to learn of your brother’s passing. Please let us know what the cause was if it is finally determined. We are saddened by your loss.

1 Like

Hello Dr. T. Thank you for reaching out. I responded in detail in email. Would love any perspective or thoughts you have.

Thank you,
Allison

1 Like