New rapamycin user question - Any Suggestions on dosing based on weight?

I’m also using test 250mg once per week so I have less immunity related problems associated with rapamycin!

I’m well protected!

1 Like

Could you share a bit more about sheep placenta you use, and how to possibly select a trusted source? The link you shared in another post does not appear to be active but I got curious now

Dr. Green has suggested 2gr per week and I’ve been at it for a little over 3 months. I’ve organised the does on my running rest day and it seems ok. Gives me a day or 2 to manage some fatigue. But reading this I’m thinking I’m taking to little. Is this possible? Can’t say I’d be delighted to jump to a higher dose. Healthy, active 65yo. Views?

I believe that 6 mg would be just fine. Give it a try, and if it doesn’t work for you, go back to what does.

If you said 40 mg, I wouldn’t recommend that. :wink:

According to the following article, life limitation is NOT aging but aging related diseases.

Currently, doses and schedules of rapamycin for longevity are based on the wrong objective: to avoid side effects. Nothing else. The doses of all other drugs are chosen to achieve therapeutic goals.

Side effects of rapamycin are not remarkable at all. They even less dangerous than the side effects of most other drugs.

what’s most significant is that many so-called “side” effects of rapamycin can actually be considered therapeutic effects themselves or indicative markers of therapeutic effects. For instance, mild anemia may be viewed as a marker for the cytostatic effect, which is critical in inhibiting tumor progression. This serves as an example of the latter. As for the former, rapamycin decreases levels of blood insulin, causing glucose intolerance. Most metabolic “side” effects of rapamycin are therapeutic and associated with increased lifespan in animals.

I have been very curious about Dr Green’s rationales for dosage based on factors like age etc. I found @Krister_Kauppi 's interview very valuable. (Profile - Krister_Kauppi - Rapamycin Longevity News) Alan Green on Rapamycin Master Series | Lessons learned from over 1200 patients

Generally Dr Green seem’s to shoot for 5-6 mg per week. Is he planning on titrating you up to that level over time? Or is he dosaging you based your running goals?

For myself, 2 years ago training for a summer sprint triathlon, I found my training and recovery going exceptionally well at a low dose of rapamycin. I was taking 6mg of rapamycin from a compounding pharmacy, but thought I was getting little benefit as this is not enteric coated. But somewhere on site a researcher revealed their research shows even compounding rapamycin leads to a substantial blood level. So perhaps I was benefiting at a low dose level. Last summer I trained with 6mg weekly of Zydus and felt it generally fatigued me and didn’t benefit recovery even after stopping a few weeks before event.

So I am back to training on low dose of 3mg Zydus rapamycin while training for this summer’s event. It would be great to know if Dr Green can give you feedback on older athlete’s training while on rapamycin.

6 Likes