New Price Quotes for Rapamycin and Everolimus

This is interesting. I wonder if there is any difference in terms of bioavailability or half life for the powdered version of rapamycin compared to the tablets most of us use.

All the commercially available product have some special coating on the tablets, and rapamune (at least - and perhaps others) use Elan Pharma’s nanocrystal technology optimized for bioavailability (I believe).

According to Elan, NanoCrystals benefit any drug formulation. Advantages include quicker onset of action, increased dose uniformity, fewer side effects, enhanced bioavailability, improved dose proportionality, elimination of food effects, more predictable therapeutic response, targeted delivery, improved safety, and greater efficacy.

Of course, I’m a little skeptical of any information coming from a pharma company… so it would be interesting to see real data on nanocrystal rapamune vs. non-nanocrystal sirolimus formulations.

As it is right now - we don’t even know which (if any) of the generic versions of sirolimus use NanoCrystals and how much of a difference they make in terms of how the drugs work in people…

I also wonder if any versions of everolimus use nanocrystals.

Name Dosage Strength Route Manufacturer/ Marketing Year Approved Year Sales Stopped !Country
Sirolimus Tablet 2 mg/1 Oral Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Limited 2014-10-27 Not Applicable US flag
Sirolimus Tablet, film coated 0.5 mg/1 Oral Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Inc., USA 2020-10-16 Not Applicable US flag
Sirolimus Tablet, film coated 2 mg/1 Oral Cadila Healthcare Limited 2014-01-07 2014-01-03 US flag
Sirolimus Tablet 0.5 mg/1 Oral Ascend Laboratories, LLC 2021-03-13 Not Applicable US flag
Sirolimus Solution 1 mg/1mL Oral Novitium Pharma Llc 2019-05-21 Not Applicable US flag
Sirolimus Tablet, film coated 1 mg/1 Oral Major Pharmaceuticals 2020-10-16 Not Applicable US flag
Sirolimus Tablet 1 mg/1 Oral American Health Packaging 2015-11-05 Not Applicable US flag
Sirolimus Tablet, film coated 2 mg/1 Oral Zydus Pharmaceuticals (USA) Inc. 2014-01-07 2014-01-03 US flag
Sirolimus Tablet, film coated 2 mg/1 Oral NorthStar Rx LLC 2021-10-18 Not Applicable US flag
Sirolimus Tablet, sugar coated 2 mg/1 Oral Greenstone LLC 2014-10-27 Not Applicable US flag
Sirolimus Tablet 1 mg/1 Oral Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Limited 2014-10-27 Not Applicable US flag
Sirolimus Tablet, film coated 0.5 mg/1 Oral American Health Packaging 2015-03-31 2020-04-30 US flag
Sirolimus Solution 1 mg/1mL Oral Apotex Corp 2020-05-20 2025-03-31 US flag
Sirolimus Tablet, film coated 2 mg/1 Oral Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Inc., USA 2020-10-16 Not Applicable US flag
Sirolimus Tablet, film coated 0.5 mg/1 Oral Zydus Pharmaceuticals (USA) Inc. 2014-01-15 Not Applicable US flag
Sirolimus Tablet 2 mg/1 Oral Ascend Laboratories, LLC 2021-03-13 Not Applicable US flag
Sirolimus Tablet, sugar coated 1 mg/1 Oral Greenstone LLC 2014-10-27 Not Applicable US flag
Sirolimus Tablet, film coated 1 mg/1 Oral NorthStar Rx LLC 2021-10-18 Not Applicable US flag
Sirolimus Solution 1 mg/1mL Oral Amneal Pharmaceuticals NY LLC 2019-10-25 Not Applicable US flag
Sirolimus Tablet, film coated 1 mg/1 Oral Zydus Pharmaceuticals (USA) Inc. 2014-01-07 2014-01-03 US flag
Sirolimus Solution 1 mg/1mL Oral Vistapharm, Inc. 2019-01-28 Not Applicable US flag
Sirolimus Solution 1 mg/1mL Oral Torrent Pharmaceuticals Limited 2021-12-27 Not Applicable US flag
Sirolimus Tablet, film coated 1 mg/1 Oral Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Inc., USA 2020-10-16 Not Applicable US flag
Sirolimus Tablet 1 mg/1 Oral AvPAK 2018-04-23 Not Applicable US flag
Sirolimus Tablet 1 mg/1 Oral Ascend Laboratories, LLC 2021-03-13 Not Applicable US flag
Sirolimus Tablet, film coated 0.5 mg/1 Oral Cadila Healthcare Limited 2014-01-15 Not Applicable US flag
Sirolimus Tablet, film coated 0.5 mg/1 Oral NorthStar Rx LLC 2021-10-18 Not Applicable US flag
Sirolimus Tablet, sugar coated 0.5 mg/1 Oral Greenstone LLC 2014-01-07 Not Applicable US flag
Sirolimus Tablet, film coated 1 mg/1 Oral Cadila Healthcare Limited 2014-01-07 2014-01-03 US flag
1 Like

FYI. Greenstone Pharmaceuticals was the generic house for Upjohn, which made Rapamune. When you buy sirolimus by Greenstone you get brand Rapamune. FYI: both Upjohn and Greenstone are now owned by Pfizer. From an old pharmacist.

2 Likes

Good to know. Thanks!

Maybe I’ve got the wrong company, but here is a reddit report that gives me reason to question TrueLIFE Research. The thread is 7 years old and possibly about a different company, but still of concern to me. I also could not find the location of the company from their website. If this information is not about TrueLIFE Research, let me know.

Any update on TLR? Has anyone tested rapa from them? Thanks!

I have never heard of this company and have no opinion on them.

But given that we have a long list of online pharmacies in our FAQ and known list of large pharmaceutical companies manufacturing rapamycin, why would anyone bother with the risk of some small unknown supplier with a questionable history?

1 Like

Well, because you can buy 1 Gram of Rapamycin for $338!

“IF” it’s legit, it’s quite a good price and an American company, whereas all other such options I’ve seen for powder have been Chinese (hard pass). If pure, it would certainly make sense for at least the hair, skin and dental experiments we’re discussing on the board. A lot more palatable to do the left vs right side of the body skin experiment at this price.

I’ve read on the forum that the Zydus and Biocon tablets have been tested. How much would it cost to test this product?

1 Like

Yes - price is good. Someone may want to call them and ask them if this rapamycin / sirolimus is actually manufactured in China or the USA. I suspect its China and just imported here.

Absolutely - fine for topical / hair / skin products.

@Mac , I think mentioned he found a lab in Canada that would do some purity testing I think for around $200. It might make sense for a couple people to go in together and buy a few grams of the powder and test it. Or perhaps thats not needed if its mfg. in US and sold by a US company.

I feel kinda stupid that it didn’t occur to me that they might/probably just import crap from China. I’ll inquire and post back what they say.

Frankly, I wouldn’t even put anything from China on my skin. I’ve spent a little time in China and have a friend who lived there for 2 years. The prevailing business ethos is: If there’s a profit to be made, I dgaf as long as someone buys. Not universal, but enough.

And this is the same industry that ships fentanyl to Mexico for the US market knowing its killing >100,000 Americans per year. They dgaf.

Precisely… 100% my experience also.

Which Company?

Do they supply an assay?

See:

1 Like

I asked where is it manufactured.

“It’s manufactured by the premiere manufacturer of this class of compounds”.

The avoidance to the country of origin question, the stereoisomer levels, and the price screams China.

So, that is for “pre-order”? Suggesting that they don’t actually have any.
Can’t find any country of origin or third-party testing.
Looks pretty sketchy

Yes… Typically the case.

about 80 percent of the active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs) used to make drugs in the United States are said to come from China and other countries like India.

I requested and received a COA from a Chinese company that gave me a good price on powder. I reviewed the certificate and found that everything appeared good…except they overlooked changing the molecular weight when they altered the COA of another product that had the same appearance and was much cheaper.

1 Like

The issue, in my experience with working with a number of Chinese chemical companies is that you cannot trust the COAs are accurate or truthful.

A national disgrace. (I started a rant on how we’ve offshored essentially every critical industry and how it will come back to haunt us, but I reeled it in!)

1 Like

Ask for a Certificate of Analysis. I’ll bet they will show the data on a form they’ve created, but not the actual certificate. Seeing the actual certificate lets you know if an American lab or a Chinese lab did the analysis. If it’s an American lab there may be a contact number (or not) to call if you want more information on a particular analysis. This doesn’t guarantee the rapamycin was manufactured in the US, but you’ll probably be able to feel comfortable with an analysis from an American lab. If a Chinese lab did the analysis, then the rapamycin was manufactured in China. That doesn’t mean it’s bad, but you may be taking a chance. I don’t know. So far, I’ve avoided that route. And, of course, if they will not let you see the original COA, there is a reason!

2 Likes

Has anyone on this forum successfully purchased rapamycin from “TrueLIFE Research”?

I placed an order, they ONLY want payment through a cash app or “pay a friend” through PayPal.