My Lab and Fitness Results After 3 months of Rapamycin Use

Have you considered taking calcifediol? It is more potent than cholecalciferol. Calcifediol is better absorbed from the intestine and easier binds to vitamin-D-binding protein, which both increase bioavailability.

2 Likes

I take both d3 daily and 25ohd (calcifediol) every week or so to keep up my 25ohd levels to about 200(80)

Dedrogyl is the name of the product.

Yes, this is what I take too. It is prescription though. But @DeStrider can probably source it from India.
I also take both, D3 in oil daily and 25OHD twice weekly. My 25OHD levels are around 85 nmol//L.

1 Like

Dedrogyl is quite good. I take about 20 drops a week and 3000iu in oil each morning.

I tend to hover around 200 nmol/L. When it goes down a bit I top up. I do have a 25OHD serum level each week.

1 Like

I take 2500iu daily of D3 in oil but only 5 drops twice weekly of 25OHD (Dedrogyl). I don’t supplement either from May to October.
Maybe I should up my supplementation?

Dedrogyl is Calcifediol, the first & only active form of vitamin D in the market, do not pass by the first path of metabolism (liver) , Dedrogyl is 4-5 times more potent than conventional vitamin D in raising serum 25OHD

Depends on your target 25ohd. I may be wrong to target the high end of normal. I have by mistake hit silly territory >400

1 Like

There are others. Dedrogyl is i think the best. I get it via goldpharma.

1 Like

Maybe time to check my own levels. I never have. I figured I was always supplementing with more than enough at 4000 IU daily. I do worry about overdoing it though. I’ll add it to my next blood test, and look for the oil capsules once I burn through this bottle I currently have.

I’m going to check my levels in March and then make an adjustment. Thanks for the recommendations!

1 Like

When my levels reached 51 on 5000/day, my CP advised to slow down.

Just found out that my lab here in Hong Kong charges $125 USD for a vitamin D test. I’ll do it in the summer when I go back to the USA and do it for $45 USD instead.

2 Likes

There are some odd issues between labs on Vitamin D tests. I get one as part of my normal weekly test and the prices of those range between GBP 125 and GBP 210. That comes, however, with everything else.

I did do a 1,25 DiHydroxy Vitamin D test a couple of years ago. I cannot remember the cost of that. This is the active metabolite rather than the stored 25OHD.

2 Likes

And I though my lab charging 17,52 EUR is overkill :sweat_smile:

1 Like