My Lab and Fitness Results After 3 months of Rapamycin Use

Do you take D3 once a week rather than D3/7 every day?

Do you take D3 once a week rather than D3/7 every day?

Once a week

My husband just got his sirolimus (Rapamycin ) blood lab results
Current results 0.9 ng/ml
Reference point is 3.0 to 20.0 so very low after 4 th cycle of 3 months on and 1 month off of 3 mg per week.
Not a very encouraging result

1 Like

What day was the blood test done after he took the rapamycin? That sounds like a trough measurement at the end of the week just prior to taking another dose.

He takes Rapam on Sundays and you are correct, he took his blood labs on the Friday , he will take another test in a month one day after dosing, thank you for that information

1 Like

As a trough measurement that is exactly where he wants it - under 1ng/ML. So it sounds like the schedule from a dosing / blood level standpoing and timing point is working ok for him.

The whole idea of testing earlier after dosing - e.g. 1 to 4 hours after, or even a day after as you’ve suggested, is very much debated here in our forums and its more of a “nice to know” type of thing vs. something actionable that you can work from. The Cmax (highest blood level) of sirolimus is sometime around 1 to 3 hours after dosing, and of course varies person to person. Its interesting to know the peak blood levels of sirolimus primarily because there are research studies that suggest that higher doses / blood levels penetrate the blood barrier level better… see: Rapamycin and the Issue of Getting Through the Blood Brain Barrier

But the peak is a really sharp peak if you look at the blood level graphs as shown in this thread: How to get a Rapamycin (sirolimus) Blood Level Test

So - its difficult to say how accurate any measure of peak blood levels is, given how quickly it drops off.

Anyway - just a little background so you can understand the issues related to blood sirolimus testing.

7 Likes

Yes, that was very helpful information and link
Thank you

1 Like

Strangely enough, if you follow carnivore diet adherents, they argue that it’s not the lipidoemia that causes damage and plaque formation in blood vessels.

1 Like

Good results. Ageless Rx appears to use the PhenoAge algorithm developed by Morgan Levine. Same parameters. Spreadsheet can be found free online and downloaded. You can also find a PubMed paper by her on this. It seems to be fairly good. Gives most weight to RDW, which dropped for you from 13.5 to 12.5. Your MCV is also good. My RDW has moves around a bit and seems to be based on how well I stick to my health routine (I’m not on Rapa yet). Didn’t see your Vitamin D, B12, or Omega 3 blood results if you ever like to share. Excellent insulin. Thanks again for posting all your data.

1 Like

I guess this is a reply to an April '23 post. Still…

That’s a lot of vitamin D. I’m curious about your rationale for taking so much and for taking it once/week rather than every day? There are animal studies showing too much can actually promote arterial calcification. I’m not sure your dose is in that range but if it were me I’d spread it out daily over the entire week and reduce the dose to no more than 4000 IU/day. If nothing else I’d encourage you to read up on high dose vitamin D and it’s potential side effects. Depending on where you live you may not need any at all.

He takes 50,000 IU per Week, not day. That comes out to about 7,000 IU daily. I take 10,000 IU daily which is 70,000 IU per week. I still have barely sufficient levels (30) where 29 is deficient. I’m aiming for at least 40.

2 Likes

Wow, when I took 10k daily my levels got to 95!

1 Like

D3 in oil is more bioavailable.

3 Likes

95 would be good. I hope to get there. Honestly I’ll take anything above 40.

Have you considered taking calcifediol? It is more potent than cholecalciferol. Calcifediol is better absorbed from the intestine and easier binds to vitamin-D-binding protein, which both increase bioavailability.

2 Likes

I take both d3 daily and 25ohd (calcifediol) every week or so to keep up my 25ohd levels to about 200(80)

Dedrogyl is the name of the product.

Yes, this is what I take too. It is prescription though. But @DeStrider can probably source it from India.
I also take both, D3 in oil daily and 25OHD twice weekly. My 25OHD levels are around 85 nmol//L.

1 Like

Dedrogyl is quite good. I take about 20 drops a week and 3000iu in oil each morning.

I tend to hover around 200 nmol/L. When it goes down a bit I top up. I do have a 25OHD serum level each week.

1 Like

I take 2500iu daily of D3 in oil but only 5 drops twice weekly of 25OHD (Dedrogyl). I don’t supplement either from May to October.
Maybe I should up my supplementation?

Dedrogyl is Calcifediol, the first & only active form of vitamin D in the market, do not pass by the first path of metabolism (liver) , Dedrogyl is 4-5 times more potent than conventional vitamin D in raising serum 25OHD