Metformin: A cheap drug may slow down aging. A study will determine if it works (NPR)

A new article about Metformin and Nir Barzelai’s efforts at getting a study going (going on 9 years of effort now). I think this story (below) is more a result of an effort by Nir to get funding than any new information about metformin as a longevity drug.

I’m not a huge fan of metformin due to its anti-exercise effects on muscle, Vo2Max, etc. as outlined in these threads:

But I can see why some people like it

And its never been even close to as effective at lifespan increase in mice or other organisms as rapamycin.
’
But, here it is, and I would like to see his clinical study move ahead:

3 Likes

“not a huge fan of rapamycin” I think you mean metformin instead of rapamycin?

2 Likes

Thanks. That was a Brain fart… fixed.

1 Like