Make your arguments for Rapamycin dosed Once Weekly vs. Once Every Two Weeks

Here’s my Iron results for the two times I have taken a relatively small dose of Rapamycin

Units Iron micromolar/l Ferritin mcg/L

24-Aug-22 LM Iron 15 Ferr 205

31-Aug-22 LM Iron 20 Ferr 145

Rapamycin 2mg 4th Sept

07-Sep-22 LM Iron 10 Ferr 175

12-Sep-22 MPS Iron 18.1 Ferr 157.9

21-Sep-22 MPS Iron (?) Ferr 165.7

13-Dec-22 NWP Iron 21.2 Ferr 170.5

06-Jan-23 NWP Iron 8.3 Ferr 123.2

Rapamycin 2mg 10th Jan

11-Jan-23 LM Iron 17 Ferr 150

19-Jan-23 NWP Iron 14.8 Ferr 152.6

25-Jan-23 NWP Iron 18.4 Ferr 147.6

I think the reason my iron was low on 6th Jan was heavy drinking over Xmas. I am currently planning on taking Rapamycin 4mg some time next week. However, that plan may change.

3 Likes

Pretty sure I may be late to the party with this post. I apologize if it’s a duplicate.

Bryan Johnson has this posted on his Blueprint site:

"Every two weeks, I take 13 mg of gastro protected Rapamune. … To personalize dose and measure for safety and efficacy we’ve measured my Rapamycin blood levels 90 min, 4.1 days and 13 days post administration.

Blood Rapamycin levels:
90 min: 26.5 ng/mL
4.1 days: 2.5 ng/mL
13 days: not detected

Previously maintained a weekly Rapamycin dosing protocol of 6 mg. 24 hours post blood Rapamycin levels of the 6 mg dose were 3.2 ng/mL."

I’m still pondering either 6 mg weekly, or 12 mg every two weeks. Still a bit undecided, and from everything I’ve read, nobody really knows what is best so it might just be a case of pick one and run with it for a while and wait for hopefully more data to come in pointing in one direction or another.

8 Likes

Does he use enteric-coated capsules or something similar? If he does and the rapamycin dose is truly gastro-protected, then 13mg is a pretty high dose.

2 Likes

Go with 12mg every two weeks. They (attia podcast) almost but agreed in high doses at longer intervals.

2 Likes

Ya, that’s what I’m leaning towards…thanks.

BTW I’m doing 10MG with GFJ+EVOO. I’m thinking of upping it to 12-15mg with GFJ+EVOO and only do it once per month. I think I’ll give it a try that way see what happens.

2 Likes

BTW, if you have never taken RAPA before it is suggested you start low dose and up it. When I started I did 2MG first week then 3 next week and then 5 and after a while went to 10

2 Likes

I’m sure he’s just using Rapamune, and he’s using layman’s terms for the nanocrystal technology they use: Rapamycin and NanoCrystal Formulations

3 Likes

I believe BJ is testing a new weekly protocol. One week 12mg, second week 6mg or something similar. Check again his blueprint notes.

1 Like

ls he taking injections or tablets?
“Rapamune® tablets, on the other hand, exhibited a 27% increase in the bioavailability of the drug”
Oh, well, I think I just stick to other forms of enhancement or take a few more pills.

Ya, I started with 3mg/week to get warmed up.

Oh right! Good find…in his July notes. He posts those using images so not searchable (I totally missed it!).

"Starting trialing new rapamycin protocol:
Week 1: 13 mg
Week 2: 6 mg
Week 3: 13 mg
Week 4: 6 mg

Safety + efficacy monitoring: body temp, sirolimus blood level, complete metabolic panel + routine biofluids, devices, imaging and fitness tests."

4 Likes

I attempted to move to a bigger dose on a 10 day dosing schedule but I didn’t like the kick in the butt from the bigger dose. I also didn’t like the P-I-T-A keeping track of a moving schedule (every dosing day was a different day of the week. I’m happy with a 7 day cycle now.

4 Likes

Perhaps I’m being too cautious but Blagosklony’s tweet & accompanying posted article on mtor surge is enough for me to put rapa on hold for a while until we get some clarity. Or maybe some very low daily or every other day low dose. I’m thinking until we get more info, taurine might be a safer play.

1 Like

I’m up to 7 mg every 10 days. I might slowly boost to 9 mg every 10 days. So far the only side effect I’ve noticed is an itchy ass on day 2 (and I’m not talking butt cheeks). It’s happened two times in a row and only on day 2. I sometimes get the the same issue the day after I eat raw kale. Maybe someone needs to study the effects of kale on mTor! (I kid).

5 Likes